Spartan Race - anyone else doing one this year?

aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
edited June 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
I am doing the Pacific Northwest Sprint Spartan Race 6/16/12 in Washougal, WA.

http://www.spartanrace.com/pacific-nort ... 2012.html#

Anyone else doing one or have done one before? I'm stoked for it!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    No one?
  • I am not doing a Spartan race yet. I just did a zombie race, and I am planning on doing the rugged Maniac in MA if pearl jam does not play central park.
  • uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    I'm not doing it, but a bunch of my friends are registered for the Toronto one in June. Sounds insane. Best of luck doing it.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    I'd consider being one of the dudes with the pugil sticks that beat the shit out of competitors as the run by.

:thumbup:
    I am really looking forward to it. Need something to take me out of my physical comfort zone a little and I think this is just the thing to challenge it. :mrgreen:
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Jason P wrote:
    I'd consider being one of the dudes with the pugil sticks that beat the shit out of competitors as the run by.

:thumbup:

i'll help
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    what's his name (Doug Floyd i think) over in Indiana does something like this....D
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Come on Ten Clubbers; get off your asses this summer and challenge yourselves!!

Who else is up for the challenge? This is the Sprint Race that is only 5K (3+ miles) with 15+ obstacles to overcome! There are events all over the US, Canada, and Great Britain. There is an event near you.

Take the challenge. If you are in the Pacific Northwest, our race in in a little less than 5 weeks away. The time to commit is now. Plus, there is an Amazon.com deal for only $39 to register that ends today. Otherwise the registration goes up to $90!

Who else is up for it? Let's join together for support!!

Here is the official info about the Sprint Spartan Races:

SPARTAN SPRINT: Challenge’s a Spartan’s Agility

Spartan Sprints are muddy 3+ MILES / 15+ OBSTACLES course races. The challenging sprint races are a great way to get off your couch and start living. Beginners to hardcore warriors, and marathon runners alike come out to test themselves on the insane obstacles! This 5k race is comprised of mud runs, obstacles, trail racing, physical challenges and mental challenges all in a 3+ race. 99.9% of all people who try this event will finish, and 100% will have their thirst for mud fully satisfied! Top 3 Males and top 3 Females at each Spartan Sprint qualify for a free entry into a Super Spartan of his or her choice.

What you get?
    Spartan Race T-Shirt
    Spartan Race Finisher Medal
    One free beer (must be 21 or older) for select USA events only
    Food Vendors
    Music/MC
    Awards Ceremony
    Top 3 Male/Female finishers receive free entry into a Super Spartan of their choice
    Completion earns you Spartan Agility certification (Black Level)

Watch our Events page for a SPARTAN SPRINT in your area as the 2012 schedule is up now!

Go to www.spartanrace.com for event dates in your area.
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Posts: 3,980
    I'm not really into it -- I prefer trail runs -- but my husband is trying to talk our boys into doing one with him. He's looking at this one: http://www.spartanrace.com/tristate-new ... -2012.html
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
    I'm not really into it -- I prefer trail runs -- but my husband is trying to talk our boys into doing one with him. He's looking at this one: http://www.spartanrace.com/tristate-new ... -2012.html
    Good for your husband and kids; that's a Super Race. Longer and more difficult than the Sprint Race I am doing!!
  • PorchsitterPorchsitter Posts: 1,069
    I'm planning on doing the Spartan next year in Georgia. There is a similar event not too far from where I live that is happening in October. I might try it out. I've mostly done road races, but I want to start trail running and this looks like a good motivator for an all-around workout. Who knows? If I do well with it, I might try the Tough Mudder.

Best of luck, aNiMaL!
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
    I'm planning on doing the Spartan next year in Georgia. There is a similar event not too far from where I live that is happening in October. I might try it out. I've mostly done road races, but I want to start trail running and this looks like a good motivator for an all-around workout. Who knows? If I do well with it, I might try the Tough Mudder.

Best of luck, aNiMaL!
    Thanks! I am new to this whole healthy/fitness lifestyle. I was over weight my whole life. Topped out at 270 lbs. Over the last 13 plus months I have lost 100 lbs and am stronger than I have ever been. So, i am stoked to have a physical challenge.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    aNiMaL wrote:
    physical challenge.

history-doubledare.jpg
  • Go To Fire 43Go To Fire 43 Posts: 449
    Currently I am going to do the warrior dash in June. I will have to keep this in mind. Don't know if I can this year since my wife is due in July. Good luck.
    Currently I am going to do the warrior dash in June. I will have to keep this in mind. Don't know if I can this year since my wife is due in July. Good luck.
    Thanks! Good luck on the Warrior Dash!
    I completed the PNW Spartan Sprint race yesterday and WOW, was it fun and CHALLENGING! We ran through wooded trails uphill, climbed ropes, hurtled walls, flipped a tire twice, scaled many walls, hauled 30 lb sand bags, dragged 50 lb concrete blocks, threw a spear, shimmied under (what felt like acres) of barbed wire through thick mud (both rolling hills and a 200 meter uphill), monkeyed across bars, jumped over fire, and got muddy...really really muddy from head to toe!! My knees and elbows took the brunt of the damage, and today I am pretty much sore all over. But DAMN, I can't wait to do it again next year! It was an absolute blast and really makes ya feel alive! We completed the almost 4 mile obstacle course in about 1 hour 20 min and were drinking our free beers (and a few more) in their beer garden by 10 am!

What a great day yesterday - it was like a huge playground for adults! Anyone considering doing one of these should absolutely do it!! 8-)

Aroo!!