Options

No More Festivals!!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,572
    As an experience. I'd rather see them on a festival. You get to see more bands, and meet up with all kinds of people. My best memories are from attending festivals.
    I will swallow poison
  • Options
    jfm wrote:
    **this goes straight to Pearl Jam**

Hi guys,

i don't know if you would ever read this but i feel i have to write what i think: i was in Mestre last night and just came back at home after hours and hours of driving out of that hell.
    You can't even imagine how much i love you and your music (i'll be in London and Dusseldorf in spite of everything, catching plane for the 1st time in my life only to come and see you...)

BUT

in the name of this love and passion, i wanna ask you PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE...

DON'T PLAY FESTIVALS ANYMORE!

DON'T get involved in something set up only to make money and speculate on people's passion. Do your own tours, play shows everywhere you want...we'll be as always in the 1st row enjoying the show, but PLEASE DON'T PLAY FESTIVALS: they've shown in too many occasions they can't absolutely guarantee people's safety that you always proved to care so much. Yesterday in Mestre almost ALL structures collapsed in less than 10 minutes on our heads...this is UNACCEPTABLE and UNJUSTIFIABLE.
    We were lucky enough to came back home safe, but maybe next time someone else couldn't be as fortunate.

I really hope you'll read and take in consideration my "request" that - i assure you - reflects a lot of people's thought.
    I'm sure you love us as much as we love you so PLEASE don't play festivals anymore.

With love,

Paolo

i don´t agree you, last year pj played in azkena rock festival more than 2 hours and it was wonderfull. this year play in madrid in festimad ( festibad
    for my and many people). the organization ask for pearl jam a show not much longer than 90 minutes. pj don´t have blame ( it´s my own opinion, sorry). i drave 400 km to go and other 400km for come back.... very happy

the weather.... the lucky..... too much things that the human cannot control. sorry.
    i am happy that you can tell us.
    best regards paolo
    san sebastian 1996 ( no code tour)
    san sebastian 2000 (binaural tour)
    vitoria-gasteiz 2006 (pearl jam tour)
    madrid 2007 (european tour )

".... IF NOTHING IS EVERYTHING, I WILL HAVE IT ALL..."