How do you slow down time?

brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,694
edited May 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Like most of us, I get off work, come home, check the mail, eat, catch up on news etc, have a couple of hour (at best) to relax and then- BOOM!- days over. Anyone know how to slow down time- like maybe around 6 PM?
“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Lots and lots of morpheine. :lol:
  • FrankieGFrankieG Posts: 9,100
    If anyone knows the answer to this question, I'm dying to know!

I sympathize, OP...
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Nittany1bnNittany1bn Posts: 214
    'shrooms
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    Travel as fast as u can to the speed of light. You will slow time down and when u get back, u will be younger than the rest of us.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,694
    DS1119 wrote:
    Nittany1bn wrote:
    'shrooms

Hmmm... last time I tried one of those this happened:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLFrIr3RJN0

:lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

brianlux wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Nittany1bn wrote:
    'shrooms

Hmmm... last time I tried one of those this happened:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLFrIr3RJN0

:lol:

That video has me dying! :lol::lol::lol:
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    stare at the clock all day
    F o l l o w the y e ll o w b r i ck r oa d! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • klusterfukklusterfuk Posts: 1,411
    smoke plenty of weed is my remedy :mrgreen:
    The future's paved with better days

Alpine Valley Resort is etched in my brain!!!

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    take the batteries out of the clock...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    DS1119 wrote:

I know- ever time I watch that video I nearly pass out laughing! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

brianlux wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

I know- ever time I watch that video I nearly pass out laughing! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

When the son at the end says "fuck you" and the mom says "hey" and then the kid giggles at the end. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

This video pretty much sums up my junior year of college. Well my second junior year. :lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    brianlux wrote:
    Like most of us, I get off work, come home, check the mail, eat, catch up on news etc, have a couple of hour (at best) to relax and then- BOOM!- days over. Anyone know how to slow down time- like maybe around 6 PM?

Find an occupation where you work less hours and get paid more....it's the only answer.
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,868
    Have a zero progression lifestyle, be bored all day, hate your life.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    brianlux wrote:

Find an occupation where you work less hours and get paid more....it's the only answer.

Good idea although at this point in my life, not likely to happen. I like what I do but there's never enough time to do everything. Maybe what I really want is a 32 hour day! :lol:

• hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    You don't slow down time.

You can't slow down time.

But, you can MAKE the time.

Just like you'd do, or sacrifice, for anything/anyone else important to you.

It's there.

Little pockets of time with "reserved for brian" on them :D

I hope you can find them and savor each one.

(pay is irrelevant in that sense!)
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    stay calm and listen to pearl jam..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    stay calm and listen to pearl jam..

YES!

• Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    Set a countdown to something in the future that you really look forward to. Time will move slower than a snail ...
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    I have 3 kids and my wife works late a couple nights a week. When I get out of work, I need to make the kids dinner, take them to practice, do homework, clean the house etc (they're 7, 5 and 2). Sometimes after they're all in bed, I sit in my living room with the lights off for about a half hour. No TV, no electronics, nothing. I listen to the sound of silence.

I'm not sure if this is the kind of advice you're looking for, but this helps me out a lot
  • titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    I work nightshift so my whole world is upside down.. can't help sorry
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
  • titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    LloydXmas wrote:
    I have 3 kids and my wife works late a couple nights a week. When I get out of work, I need to make the kids dinner, take them to practice, do homework, clean the house etc (they're 7, 5 and 2). Sometimes after they're all in bed, I sit in my living room with the lights off for about a half hour. No TV, no electronics, nothing. I listen to the sound of silence.

I'm not sure if this is the kind of advice you're looking for, but this helps me out a lot

i'm kinda simalar in a way, sometimes i get up early to take them to swimming, i make suppers alot, do most the homework and bathtimes.. ( i do these things most the time, but my wife is about 8 months pregnant, so i do it more these days) and mostly get them to bed, then have to go to work. its tough sometimes. seems like you don't have much time to yourself, and sometimes want to just sit in a darkened room in silence, even just for 5 mins.
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    Cher has discovered how she can turn back time.....plastic surgery!
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    You could rent an airplane and take a ride through the time zones! I always feel like I'm going a little back to the past when I fly to the States :lol:
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    kick him in the nuts, that will slow anyone down...
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Quaaludes
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    brianlux wrote:

I like to jump in the shower when I get home. Just standing under that hot water as long as I want slows down time for me. I often shower before I even eat. Showering is a nice division between the day/work and your unwinding time. Maybe take less time catching up on news? I just read it online; rarely watch it on TV and I keep up with what's going on.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    Don't turn on a TV. Don't turn on a computer. These are huge time eaters.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    I start by checking all my stalks of sensimellia in my backyard...they give me peace. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwSIiA2p ... re=related

....Or sit in the living room and stare or talk to my fishes in our 125 gal tank.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

justam wrote:
    Don't turn on a TV. Don't turn on a computer. These are huge time eaters.

That's it... the computer. That and PJ forum, the black hole of time. :lol: