The 20 Biggest Illegitimate Fathers In Sports

g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
edited May 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
The talk on sports radio today here in Florida...when are these guys going to learn slip on a rubber. GeeZ :shock:

An old school player tops the list.

The 20 Biggest Illegitimate Fathers In Sports

Peace
*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
.....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i hate that website...

but more importantly, how did they miss Antonio Cromartie
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    81 wrote:

Are you saying that there is something wrong with having multiple children who are 3 years old?
    81 wrote:

Are you saying that there is something wrong with having multiple children who are 3 years old?

:lol:

he's working on kids 11 and 12 right now with his wife. :lol: :fp:

he has 8 with other women.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    I know T.O. is on Dr. Phil today with his baby mamas.

sickening, all that money and he can't even support his kids.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    That article is 2 years old. I'm sure that list would look a lot different if it was updated.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    I find it amazing that Wilt Chamberlain has claimed to have slept with almost 20,000 women and has no kids.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    voidofman wrote:
    I find it amazing that Wilt Chamberlain has claimed to have slept with almost 20,000 women and has no kids.
    Maybe he was fixed :lol:
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539

I thought I read an article that he was going broke. I don't understand why athletes don't get Fixed. It's simple.

Save some in a cup

Get Fixed (100$ Copay Max)

Get all the tail you want

Save Millions of $$ on child support
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    LloydXmas wrote:

I thought I read an article that he was going broke. I don't understand why athletes don't get Fixed. It's simple.

Save some in a cup

yes I heard that too, but he made at least $80 million dollars at one point, how do you spend $80 million dollars?? They're all losers in my book.
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    LloydXmas wrote:

Save some in a cup

yes I heard that too, but he made at least $80 million dollars at one point, how do you spend $80 million dollars?? They're all losers in my book.
    I guess he spent it all on his posse
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    Jalen Rose had an interesting podcast on grantland in late January/Early February (right after the one where he tells the story about how he stole Patrick Ewing's television) where the co-host asked him how (in reference to A.I. I think) it is possible to spend all that money, and Rose has a fairly logical explanation for it. Ridiculous but logical.
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    RW81233 wrote:
    Jalen Rose had an interesting podcast on grantland in late January/Early February (right after the one where he tells the story about how he stole Patrick Ewing's television) where the co-host asked him how (in reference to A.I. I think) it is possible to spend all that money, and Rose has a fairly logical explanation for it. Ridiculous but logical.

I didn't see the podcast you speak of, but I can see how they do it. They live large, and spend money under the assumption they will always be making money like that. But sports careers inevitably end. And sports fans can be fickle, and unless you're one of the greats (Jordan, Gretzky, Favre, Montana, etc) and people care enough about you to have an endorsement career after your career is over, you're going to have to find another way to make money. Or at the very least learn to live within your means, which is apparently hard for many. I think many of these athletes get taken advantage of by the various hangers-on, and for many of them their own generosity (buying houses for family, loaning money to friends) bites them in the ass as well.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I didn't see the podcast you speak of, but I can see how they do it. They live large, and spend money under the assumption they will always be making money like that. But sports careers inevitably end. And sports fans can be fickle, and unless you're one of the greats (Jordan, Gretzky, Favre, Montana, etc) and people care enough about you to have an endorsement career after your career is over, you're going to have to find another way to make money. Or at the very least learn to live within your means, which is apparently hard for many. I think many of these athletes get taken advantage of by the various hangers-on, and for many of them their own generosity (buying houses for family, loaning money to friends) bites them in the ass as well.

It's very easy to spend a lot of money when you're making a lot. It's very hard to stop when the income slows down or stops.
    people are stupid.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    RW81233 wrote:

Plus you don't have a definite retirement date when you stop making the money. It'd be one thing if you knew my career is X long and I'm not likely to have a job that pays like this after that and start saving from there. On top of that, most of these kids, whether it be minor league ball players, to NBA stars grew up living paycheck to paycheck so when the money's good they spend their full paycheck. Even Notre Dame educated, Mike Golic, has talked about blowing through 90% of his first year's pay in the NFL in 3 months.

Getting back to the fatherhood stuff it really sucks that we have these socially sheltered, primarily working-class, often poorly educated athletic prodigies given a 3 day camp to tell them how to act so the NFL/MLB/NBA/NHL can claim innocence so that when this shit happens we sit back and laugh. I am seemingly in the minority on this but if an occupation is set up so that 75 percent of your employees go bankrupt within a few years of working for you then doesn't this speak to the idea that their are issues with the whole setup? Even if you have no sympathy for the athletes at least how about the fatherless, or non-child supported children that are produced within this system?
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Before looking... Karl Malone has gotta be on there.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    81 wrote:
    people are stupid.

From what I heard them talking about on the radio on this subject this morning what kind of pattern emerges in these players?

Most of them are.....

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

g under p wrote:
    81 wrote:
    people are stupid.

From what I heard them talking about on the radio on this subject this morning what kind of pattern emerges in these players?

Most of them are.....

Peace
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    RW81233 wrote:
    g under p wrote:
    81 wrote:
    people are stupid.

Most of them are.....

Peace

Hard knocks....football players I bet. They seem to NOT think straight.

Peace

g under p wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:
    g under p wrote:

Most of them are.....

Peace
    ....not baseball players because they get married and have kids at like 19, and not golfers because they are often on the course with doctors who can take care of that shit.
    RW81233 wrote:
    I am seemingly in the minority on this but if an occupation is set up so that 75 percent of your employees go bankrupt within a few years of working for you then doesn't this speak to the idea that their are issues with the whole setup? Even if you have no sympathy for the athletes at least how about the fatherless, or non-child supported children that are produced within this system?

so what are you going to do., force them to all sign annuity contracts?

have the players association bring in shady money mgrs?

not allow AI to have a posse?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:
    I am seemingly in the minority on this but if an occupation is set up so that 75 percent of your employees go bankrupt within a few years of working for you then doesn't this speak to the idea that their are issues with the whole setup? Even if you have no sympathy for the athletes at least how about the fatherless, or non-child supported children that are produced within this system?

so what are you going to do., force them to all sign annuity contracts?

have the players association bring in shady money mgrs?

not allow AI to have a posse?
    I heard something interesting on this yesterday where in europe players have to save a decent amount of cash in a retirement fund that they get when they are 40...not sure how true this is but that seems reasonable. I guess my thing is I don't get why we make fun of these people or act surprised when it happens to 3/4ths of the working population.
    RW81233 wrote:
    I heard something interesting on this yesterday where in europe players have to save a decent amount of cash in a retirement fund that they get when they are 40...not sure how true this is but that seems reasonable. I guess my thing is I don't get why we make fun of these people or act surprised when it happens to 3/4ths of the working population.

seems like a reasonable idea to force them to save, but i doubt the players association would go along for that ride.

i think we laugh at these people because we would like to think that if it were us, we would do everything right. it's the nature of our beast
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg