Options

Smalbany, NY

DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
edited May 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
So the President is in Smalbany today and all of the State government officials made their way up from NYC to this cess pool to greet him. They should just move the capitol out of here...oh yeah they can't...this cess pool of a city would go out of business. Talk about people walking around today with an over inflated feeling of sense worth. " The President's here"..."did you see the President's plane"?...blah blah blah. Shut this cess pool down. :fp:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    +5 for using 10 forum cliches

-100 for using cess pool in a non molestation fashion
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    +5 for using 10 forum cliches

-100 for using cess pool in a non molestation fashion

Is Smalbany a forum cliche? :lol: :corn:
  • Options
    RosdowerRosdower Posts: 119
    good, move out then. People wonder why this city is the way it is with attitudes like this..
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Rosdower wrote:
    good, move out then. People wonder why this city is the way it is with attitudes like this..

:corn: :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,896
    81 wrote:
    Rosdower wrote:

:corn: :lol:
    :corn: indeed!!!!

Thems fightin words~!!!!! :nono:

:corn: :corn: :corn:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Rosdower wrote:

Thanks for the advice. I actually am. Not going to argue but it's a pretty well known fact that if the state government left here it would be nothing but Utica just a little further east down I90. :lol:
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,896
    Hey DS, on the move.....

Look into ABF.com.

They have this deal where they drop a "pup" trailer (small 24' trailer) , you load and pack it, they deliver , and you unload. Might be a cheaper alternative for you.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Hey DS, on the move.....

Look into ABF.com.

They have this deal where they drop a "pup" trailer (small 24' trailer) , you load and pack it, they deliver , and you unload. Might be a cheaper alternative for you.

I will and thanks. I actually found an outfit that will get my truck out of here for about a thousand bucks. Since I can't tow it it seems like this makes the most sense. I think I would spend close to that just in gas to drive it the 2700 or so miles.
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    Rosdower wrote:

Thanks for the advice. I actually am. Not going to argue but it's a pretty well known fact that if the state government left here it would be nothing but Utica just a little further east down I90. :lol:

I'm well aware of layout of NYS, and i'm also pretty sure that you could say the following for many of US capitals. What's the point of moving the capital to NYC when that city is thriving all on it's own without the noteriety of being the capital. Granted there are things about albany that I dislike. However, to bash the city for being that capital of NYS is childish. Last i checked Pearl jam, bruce springsteen, Billy Joel and many others don't Make Utica as part of their Tour stops.. The city could use some help, just like 98% of the other US cities. But Albany is still a decent place.
  • Options
    Rosdower wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Rosdower wrote:

I'm well aware of layout of NYS, and i'm also pretty sure that you could say the following for many of US capitals. What's the point of moving the capital to NYC when that city is thriving all on it's own without the noteriety of being the capital. Granted there are things about albany that I dislike. However, to bash the city for being that capital of NYS is childish. Last i checked Pearl jam, bruce springsteen, Billy Joel and many others don't Make Utica as part of their Tour stops.. The city could use some help, just like 98% of the other US cities. But Albany is still a decent place.

If you say so. Glad you like it. Just wondering why the governemnt officials don't live here then?
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    :corn:
  • Options
    Well, i can't answer that. I can say however, that if i had the choice i'd live out in the country, without the bells and whistles of a city. that's just me. And govt officials are the true scum, not so much the city.
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Lived there for a year.... Had a blast :lol:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Lived there for a year.... Had a blast :lol:

I mean there is the Egg and there are two malls. Also, there's women's roller derby on Saturday nights. Shoot maybe I'll reconsider. :lol:
  • Options
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Hey DS, on the move.....

Look into ABF.com.

Sent an inquiry to this. Are you familiar with them or were you doing some research to help me because deep down in your hardened exterior you actually care about me? :lol:
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Hey DS, on the move.....

Look into ABF.com.

I will and thanks. I actually found an outfit that will get my truck out of here for about a thousand bucks. Since I can't tow it it seems like this makes the most sense. I think I would spend close to that just in gas to drive it the 2700 or so miles.

gas would run about 450 unless you are only getting 11 or 12 miles to the gallon. :fp:

you should be able to get it done for a lot less than 1k, that's for sure. shop it around...i'd guess 4-500 is more approrpriate.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    81 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Hey DS, on the move.....

Look into ABF.com.

gas would run about 450 unless you are only getting 11 or 12 miles to the gallon. :fp:

you should be able to get it done for a lot less than 1k, that's for sure. shop it around...i'd guess 4-500 is more approrpriate.

You're forgetting about hotles thought too. Also debating selling it here. V8 AWD may not be so desirable out in the desert although a lot of people out there tow boats and RV's. I could then get my dream car. A Toyota Prius. :oops:
    Post edited by DS1119 on
  • Options
    :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

:lol: What's this facepalm for? :corn:
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    DS1119 wrote:
    81 wrote:

extra drama effect :roll:
  • Options
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    81 wrote:

:lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    81 wrote:

Got it. :fp:
  • Options
    Just realized that six years ago today was the day I moved to this shit hole. Can't wait to give it the one finger salute on my way out. :lol:
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    when's the big day?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    RKCNDY wrote:
    when's the big day?

probably next Tuesday...
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:
    when's the big day?

Not sure. I'm in the money making season of what I do so it's hard to walk away. Everything in my place is packed up though. I have two bedrooms that are just bare and all non essential kitchen/bathroom stuff packed. It's kind of weird. :? But everytime I convince myself to move forward the sales month rolls over and I get right back into work.
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    DS1119 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    when's the big day?

Not sure. I'm in the money making season of what I do so it's hard to walk away. Everything in my place is packed up though. I have two bedrooms that are just bare and all non essential kitchen/bathroom stuff packed. It's kind of weird. :? But everytime I convince myself to move forward the sales month rolls over and I get right back into work.

I thought the summers were slow for auto sales...you have a few months money saved up right? I mean, if you have money to live off of, what's stopping you?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    when's the big day?

I thought the summers were slow for auto sales...you have a few months money saved up right? I mean, if you have money to live off of, what's stopping you?

Business is good right now. In the Northeast doesn't slow down until October/November. Yeah, I've got the money saved, it's just when I leave I won't get my bonuses. Just the way the business is set up, and that is a considerable amount of money at times. Probably just greed on my part, but I always want what's owed to me. At some point I'll just have to suck it up, pull the band aid and do it. Should have done it in December/January but wasn't mentally prepared at that point.
  • Options
    i wonder if not for this "shithole" city being the capital, would your sales be so good....

hmmm
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:
    I thought the summers were slow for auto sales...

:shock:

i only buy cars in teh winter.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg