Options

Bring back Sammy!! (VH)

2»

Comments

• Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Van Halen abruptly postpone more than 30 dates on tour

By Steve Knopper, Rolling Stone

Van Halen have abruptly postponed all tour dates after their June 26 show in New Orleans with no explanation.

The band yanked more than 30 long-planned dates, including shows in Milwaukee, Detroit, Cleveland, Salt Lake City and El Paso. Local promoters United Concerts and AEG issued statements regarding some postponed shows to local media, including the Salt Lake Tribune and Las Cruces Sun-News, but no details have been offered yet about rescheduled dates or refunds.
    Advertise | AdChoices

Most of the tour is promoted by Live Nation, whose reps wouldn't comment.

News of the postponed tour dates surprised several arena reps, who are featuring upcoming Van Halen shows prominently on their websites. "You want to know the absolute [expletivve] truth? I have no [expletive] idea," a concert-business source with knowledge of the tour tells Rolling Stone.

"It's selling pretty good -- I don't know why they would say it's being canceled," says a source at the Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Conn., where the band was supposed to perform on July 7.

Several of the non-canceled dates have nearly sold out, including this Saturday's show in Minneapolis and June 20 in Dallas. "We're selling really well," says Jack Larson, vice president and general manager of the Xcel Energy Center. "We're looking forward to it."

After decades of touring with Sammy Hagar (and, for a brief period in the late 1990s, Gary Cherone), Van Halen reunited with David Lee Roth for a 2007 tour and hit the road again with him in February. The band released its first new album with Roth, "A Different Kind of Truth," earlier that month. It sold 187,000 copies in its debut week and hit Number Two.

http://entertainment.msnbc.msn.com/_new ... -tour?lite
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,125
    edited May 2012
    tybird wrote:
    Van Halen abruptly postpone more than 30 dates on tour

By Steve Knopper, Rolling Stone

Van Halen have abruptly postponed all tour dates after their June 26 show in New Orleans with no explanation.

The band yanked more than 30 long-planned dates, including shows in Milwaukee, Detroit, Cleveland, Salt Lake City and El Paso. Local promoters United Concerts and AEG issued statements regarding some postponed shows to local media, including the Salt Lake Tribune and Las Cruces Sun-News, but no details have been offered yet about rescheduled dates or refunds.
    Advertise | AdChoices

Most of the tour is promoted by Live Nation, whose reps wouldn't comment.

News of the postponed tour dates surprised several arena reps, who are featuring upcoming Van Halen shows prominently on their websites. "You want to know the absolute [expletivve] truth? I have no [expletive] idea," a concert-business source with knowledge of the tour tells Rolling Stone.

"It's selling pretty good -- I don't know why they would say it's being canceled," says a source at the Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Conn., where the band was supposed to perform on July 7.

Several of the non-canceled dates have nearly sold out, including this Saturday's show in Minneapolis and June 20 in Dallas. "We're selling really well," says Jack Larson, vice president and general manager of the Xcel Energy Center. "We're looking forward to it."

After decades of touring with Sammy Hagar (and, for a brief period in the late 1990s, Gary Cherone), Van Halen reunited with David Lee Roth for a 2007 tour and hit the road again with him in February. The band released its first new album with Roth, "A Different Kind of Truth," earlier that month. It sold 187,000 copies in its debut week and hit Number Two.

http://entertainment.msnbc.msn.com/_new ... -tour?lite

You know some new dirt is coming down the road to tell a different kind of truth for sure.

Peace
    Post edited by g under p on
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    The RS article linked to Twitter says, "A source with knowledge of the tour tells Rolling Stone that Van Halen members "hate each other"." Adds the source, "The band is arguing like mad. They are fighting."
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,125
    tybird wrote:
    The RS article linked to Twitter says, "A source with knowledge of the tour tells Rolling Stone that Van Halen members "hate each other"." Adds the source, "The band is arguing like mad. They are fighting."

However this happens in lots of bands but to the point where you dissappoint fans like that and trying to make a comeback. That's so dissappointing and irresponsible of them finish the tour then be gone with your merry ways. I'm glad I passed and I do like the band in the past and both Sammy and DLR.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    Monster RainMonster Rain Posts: 1,415
    The cancellation of shows is one of the least-shocking stories of the year. What's odd about it is that they're still going to tour for over a month before they cancel/postponse shows and they gave no reason (although Roth did post a video basically saying that they were tired and booked too many shows--but if that's really the case why wouldn't the band say that from the start?). If it's just about not getting along, then they're asses for letting down the fans who paid to see them and fools for passing up the money.
  • Options
    EdsonNascimentoEdsonNascimento Posts: 5,506
    The cancellation of shows is one of the least-shocking stories of the year. What's odd about it is that they're still going to tour for over a month before they cancel/postponse shows and they gave no reason (although Roth did post a video basically saying that they were tired and booked too many shows--but if that's really the case why wouldn't the band say that from the start?). If it's just about not getting along, then they're asses for letting down the fans who paid to see them and fools for passing up the money.

Yeah. They're tired, but will take the cash for the next month and then be REALLY tired.... :lol:

This does have to be the least shocking development in entertainment in a while.

I can see Eddie back stage with Alex - WTF, man. You didn't tell me he was going to be singing into Britney Spears' mic!
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Saw the Houston show last Night. I thought it was pretty good for the expectations I had going in. It took DLR a few songs to get warmed up vocally, but he got alot better as the show went on. Eddie's guitar playing was amazing. Eddie did not interact on stage much with Dave. He would go up the stairs to the drum riser and play with Alex, or off to the side of Roth, or go over and play with Wolf. DLR did give Eddie a hug an the end of the night, and the band bowed together though.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    I heard on the radio that the cancelled shows were due to soft ticket sales for those shows. I don't know if it's true or not...just posting what I heard. This was on Q104.3 out of NYC.
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com