Long Term Health Care Insurance

JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
edited May 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
My wife just emailed me information about signing up for this thru her employer.

I feel like such an adult....it sux!

401k plans, profit sharing plans and long term health care insurance premiums......I know it will benefit me later, but damn, when I collect on it, I will be an old man!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,225
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    My wife just emailed me information about signing up for this thru her employer.

I feel like such an adult....it sux!

401k plans, profit sharing plans and long term health care insurance premiums......I know it will benefit me later, but damn, when I collect on it, I will be an old man!

I hear you but it's better to be old with some cash security than an old man with holes in pockets ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    The earlier you sign up for it, the cheaper it will be. It's gotten to be very expensive stuff. As people continue to live longer, the premiums keep going up at drastic rates.

I have mixed feelings about it. Some kinds of insurance are pretty obvious, like auto and homeowners. How likely am I to need long term care? Bit of a head scratcher there. :think:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    long term health care? i thought that was called medicare?

fuck it, when i'm crapping my pants, i won't care about bills. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    The earlier you sign up for it, the cheaper it will be. It's gotten to be very expensive stuff. As people continue to live longer, the premiums keep going up at drastic rates.

I have mixed feelings about it. Some kinds of insurance are pretty obvious, like auto and homeowners. How likely am I to need long term care? Bit of a head scratcher there. :think:

It is a head scratcher, but the plan I looked at has a $600/year premium, so it isn't too much of a burden.
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I think it's just one of those necessary evils. When and if the time comes you may need care you don't want to be a burden on your family.
  • marcosmarcos Posts: 2,112
    "I hope I die before I get old". Good song but that's about it.
    Just spent the first month's premium on an EV Dickies jacket.....I will sign up next month! :o
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,168
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Just spent the first month's premium on an EV Dickies jacket.....I will sign up next month! :o
    That's good long term planning, Joe :lol::lol:
    Suziemay wrote:
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    That's good long term planning, Joe :lol::lol:

When I am older, I will get cold easier, so a good jacket is essential! ;)