edited May 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Do you believe in ghosts?

ESP?

Reincarnation?

What is deja vu?

For real...

cuz I believe that I have
more than once
seen things that I cannot explain (or maybe I can)
but are mind boggling to say the least

Sooo.. for years and years I've watched all these ghost hunting adventure type shows for "proof" that I am not nuts
(no comments from the peanut gallery on that one please)

and they never find ANYTHING

orbs??? gimme a break! for real?

EVPs.... yeah they present some of those...but a lot of them just happen to sound like the voice of someone on their teams

once in a while there is something little that seems like it might be legit
but nearly nothing

at the risk of sounding totally off the wall...I'll just put it right out there
I do believe that I have seen things with my own eyes, wide awake, not dreaming, not on drugs, nothing.

And my daughter has too.

Not to mention all the "feelings" and ESP type things that go on all time time.

Do you believe a person can be psychic? (or semi psychic...not fortune telling, but knowing things that HAVE or WILL happen?)

Have you ever had an experience (big time deja vu) where you KNOW you've been someplace before but also know that you never have? Have you been able to identify how everything will be before you turn the corner even though you've never set foot in the state before?

Do you have experiences and say to yourself, wait, did i dream about this, or has it really happened before?

Do you know who certain people are when you first meet them?
I don't mean their faces and bodies, I mean their personalities, their soul?

Have you seen an apparition?

Have you seen an apparition and then find out later who the person is?

Do you believe in reincarnation?
After life?
Multiple lives?
WHY? or WHY NOT?

I come from a long line of Celtic women who have sort of always left this area open for discussion
while not teaching it per se, it has never been a taboo subject
and has always been approached with a matter of fact attitude
(we irish are like that)
Maybe that attitude allows for an open mind
And an open mind allows for experiences?

I dunno

AM I CRAZY or has this all really happened to me at least once (and many more) times in my life?

Has any of it happened to you?

Tell me some stuff :corn:
peace,
jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
"How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
"Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I believe in everything that Crash Davis believes in.
  • territamuterritamu Posts: 194
    DS1119 wrote:
    I believe in everything that Crash Davis believes in.

:thumbup: :thumbup:
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

06/26/2011 - EV - Detroit, MI
    09/03 and 09/04/2011 PJ20 - Alpine Valley
    06/20 and 06/21/2012 - PJ - Manchester, UK
    11/13 and 11/16/2012 - EV - Houston, TX and Dallas, TX
    07/29/2013 - PJ - Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL

11/15/2013 - PJ - Dallas, TX
    11/16/2013 - PJ - Oklahoma City, OK
    10/03/2014 - PJ - St. Louis, MO
    10/08/2014 - PJ - Tulsa, OK
    10/12/2014 - PJ - ACL Festival, Austin, TX
  • drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    I watch long Island Medium because I don't know how I feel about any of it, really.

I will tell you this, though. Shortly after my mom passed, she visited me in a dream. I'm a very logical person, and when people tell me about things of that nature (ghosts, etc) I consider all of the possibilities. But there is no doubt in my mind that my mom visited me in a dream.

She's such a jerk. I'm still freaked out until this day.
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • LiLiNY81LiLiNY81 Posts: 775
    Interesting topic :) I used to be a hardcore skeptic when it came to ghosts and everything. But I was always interested in the paranormal. My best friend and I used to go all over Long Island to the "urban legend" areas in high school. I became a paranormal investigator soon after that. I will say, I do not believe much in any of the equipment you see everyone using. It's all theory. The only equipment I use is a digital camera, and EMF detector (this is especially helpful to disprove hauntings) an audio recorder and a video camera. Everything else is too questionable.

Although I'm still somewhat a skeptic, I've seen/heard/experienced too many things to say "there's no such thing."

I dunno about psychics, but I do believe in sensitives. We had one in our paranormal group and he blew my mind. We were hosting a charity fundraiser a couple of years ago at a local venue and beforehand, we were meeting with the owner of the venue to go over some details. Our sensitive says to the owner "There's someone with the name beginning with an M trying to come through to you. She has a red, party-like dress on. She's talking about loving to dance, or going dancing?" The owner was like "I don't know who that could be...I had an Aunt Mary, but I have no idea....hold on." The guy calls his mother and asked about his Aunt Mary. The mother said she was a flapper-type of girl in the 20's who loved to go out dancing...in her favorite red dress. I just sat there in disbelief, trying to keep a poker face.

There are definitely things that can't be explained. The ghost-hunting shows are a bit ridiculous, as they are just merely entertainment. I do enjoy Ghost Adventures though, those guys are hilarious!
    "Now YOU listen. When we are on this ship, you are to refer to me as 'Idiot' not 'You Captain'!"
    saldoubledutchgif_zps889c30d5.gif
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    Yah I have a ghost. Pretty sure it's my grandfather. I smell his cologne and his pipe sometimes. I used to hear him on the stairs in my old house too. He's not scary. I think he might freak my cats out though :? My grandmom used to visit me right after she died too. I would feel her sit on the edge of my bed. That only last for a few months though. And I dream things all the time that come true or will mention something and then it happens. I don't think it's ESP though...just maybe being tuned into things I already know in my subconscious.
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • AlbertaGirl70_AlbertaGirl70_ Posts: 1,738
    I have that Deja Vu thing happen quite a bit...I think it's pretty cool when it does
    I will walk w/my hands bound
    I will walk w/my face blood
    I will walk w/my shadow flag

Memories back when she was smooth and strong
    and waiting for the world to come along...

Eddie solo Vegas Oct 31,Nov 1 2012
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    My wife and I had this argument the other night. I for one don't believe in anything surviving in a non-physical form and being an apparition. She claims she has seen ghosts before. Logic just doesn't allow me to believe in ghosts and the afterlife. I think it is a good idea for movies and books but in real life, I think it's BS. Anyone on TV is probably getting paid and will say anything the producers/directors want them to.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    i want to have an "experience"
    i want to believe
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,802
    I believe in a thing called love

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRYNYb30nxU
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • bindy123bindy123 Posts: 210
    edited May 2012
    mysticweed wrote:
    i want to have an "experience"
    i want to believe

Im in your team mystic weed.

Love this subject, find it fascinating...am completely open minded...but just cant say anything mysterious, inexplicable, paranormal etc has ever happened to me!
    Post edited by bindy123 on
    "God created surfing and Pearl Jam so that the truely gifted, talented and most intelligent people wouldnt rule the world"...adapted from my bumper sticker
  • ogey38ogey38 Posts: 563
    My dad passed at age 56, 21 years ago. I was a complete Daddy's girl and treasured every single moment that I had with him. Until he died, I was a compete non-believer in this sort of nonsense. But, after his passing every so often, maybe once a year or so, I feel someone sit on my mattress, and I smell his pipe smoke. Serously - the mattress actually feels indented and my bedroom smells of him. I can't bring myself to open my eyes when that heppens for fear that if I see him and he won't come back again.

Once, I felt his hands cup my face and he told me that it's going to be OK. So, not sure if this is all in my head, and It's just wishful thinking that he's around - I hope he is and I'm choosing to belive that he is, but I miss him even after all these years. I hope it's not my imagination.

To answer your question - not sure what I believe in, but there is definitely something that grasps me (us?)
    Mid-America Center Council Bluffs, IA - Jun 13, 2003
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011
    Wrigley Field - July 19, 2013
    Lincoln, NE - Oct 9, 2014
    Global Citizen's Festival, NYC - Sept 26, 2015
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    Thanks for your replies.

I have a really hard time believing anything that I see on those ghost hunter type shows. they are enjoyable, entertaining, and i find myself watching a hoping, but not believable most of the time. much of it seems staged. And whoever said that Ghost Adventures is hilarious is right on! i have to say that several years ago i got pretty excited when i heard that Paranormal State was going to be aired and I'll tell you why. Before I actually saw the show, I was under the impression that it was going to actually be studies conducted by a legitimate paranormal studies department of Penn State. Of course, we all know that turned out not to be the case. It would be great it if was.

I do find the "ghost story" type shows very interesting, where regular people just tell about their experiences. Now they have "celebrity ghost stories" which is pretty interesting, but you have to take into consideration that these people are professional actors, right? i did find the story that sammy hagar told about his dad to be pretty good.

I have never personally gone ghost hunting. Seems my daughter and I together form some sort of an attraction to lost spirits or energy or whatever they are. I sure don't profess to know. so...we don't need to go hunting. if we spend enough time in a place together, that is "haunted" we'll find out eventually whether we are looking for it or not.

What I can say is that I (and my daughter) have had some definite experiences, and one or two have been validated by the historical society where we used to live. Which is REALLY exciting. And mind blowing.

I usually don't put much credence in ghost pictures, but I do have to say that I once had the awesomest photo ever of what we believed to be a "ghost". The house was in Harrisburg, so sent it to the paranormal society in dauphin co, pa for their opinion and never got it back. that was before the days of digital photo mailing or before i knew about it...and i regret that i don't have a copy. it was a real figure, not an orb, not a mist, a real, if somewhat transparent figure, actually 2 figures, a boy and a girl, matter of fact, kind of an entire scene. it looked as if the front porch had taken a trip back in time a couple of centuries to when the house was new and people wore a different type of dress. I know it sounds crazy. It was not double exposure. it was not something that was there in "reality". i don't' know what it was, but i sure wish i had it back. i tried to get it back, but they had changed "directors" and said they had no idea what happened to everything the old director had in her possession. very disappointing. Its the only photo i've ever taken that had anything even remotely like that in it. and i wasn't even looking to take a photo of anything paranormal, but we knew the place was haunted.

I enjoy talking about anything paranormal. I've had experiences all of my life and when I was younger I guess I just assumed that everyone did. Most of those experiences were just feelings, i later became to view it as residual energy of some type. who knows? one or two experiences have been actual what some people would call apparitions.

funny because i'm a very practical down to earth person. i just happen to have these experiences.

and yes, i have considered that it might all be in my head. but i don't think it is. especially since there have been other people involved in some of these experiences.

what do you think about what i'm telling you about the two of us(mother/daughter) creating some sort of attraction to the paranormal? we have both had our own experiences. but when we're together....and i'm not saying all the time, but if we happen to spend some amount of time in certain places, and you never know where, together, things start to happen. anyone else have that experience?
    ee
    peace,
    jo

"Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    all the above, thank you
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    all the above, thank you

do you really?
    i'd love to hear your stories/reasons mr. chadwick
    peace,
    jo

StillHere wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    all the above, thank you

do you really?
    they are quite lengthy. i have typed them up on here before. i'll see what i can do.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    StillHere wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    all the above, thank you

do you really?
    they are quite lengthy. i have typed them up on here before. i'll see what i can do.

i remember a thread where we were all sharing this kind of stuff a year or two ago, but can't for the life of me find it.
    peace,
    jo

StillHere wrote:
    i remember a thread where we were all sharing this kind of stuff a year or two ago, but can't for the life of me find it.
    i like your thread here. it gives a different angle on things and lots of options on the topic of super natural

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • prismprism Posts: 2,440
    StillHere wrote:

there's been a few over the yrs... found this one
    viewtopic.php?f=14&t=134097
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    prism wrote:
    StillHere wrote:

there's been a few over the yrs... found this one
    http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=134097

thanks, that's one of the ones i was thinking of :)
    peace,
    jo

• brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,694
    As you may have seen here, Jo:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=186824&hilit=ghost

I very much believe in Ghost! :lol:

But seriously, I've seen a few things I can explain either. There are definitely things out there that are unexplained. I have to admit, I love that part of life that is mystery.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

brianlux wrote:
    As you may have seen here, Jo:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=186824&hilit=ghost

I very much believe in Ghost! :lol:

But seriously, I've seen a few things I can explain either. There are definitely things out there that are unexplained. I have to admit, I love that part of life that is mystery.
    :thumbup: :clap::clap::lol: way to go Brian
    peace,
    jo

• lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    I have trouble believing in stuff I can't see.

As for the afterlife/ghost I tend to think its more about fear for most ... the fear that this is it.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    Ernie_Hudson_Ghostbusters-thumb-480x307-22194.jpeg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1291407841081

"If there's a steady paycheck in it, I'll believe anything you say."
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,802
    StillHere wrote:
    Do you believe in ghosts?

ESP?

Reincarnation?

What is deja vu?

For real...

more than once

Sooo.. for years and years I've watched all these ghost hunting adventure type shows for "proof" that I am not nuts

orbs??? gimme a break! for real? orbs i've seen some on tv which looked pretty "real"

EVPs.... yeah they present some of those...but a lot of them just happen to sound like the voice of someone on their teams

but nearly nothing

I do believe that I have seen things with my own eyes, wide awake, not dreaming, not on drugs, nothing.

And my daughter has too.

Do you believe a person can be psychic? (or semi psychic...not fortune telling, but knowing things that HAVE or WILL happen?)

Have you ever had an experience (big time deja vu) where you KNOW you've been someplace before but also know that you never have? Have you been able to identify how everything will be before you turn the corner even though you've never set foot in the state before?

Do you have experiences and say to yourself, wait, did i dream about this, or has it really happened before?

Have you seen an apparition?

Have you seen an apparition and then find out later who the person is?

Do you believe in reincarnation?
    After life?
    Multiple lives?
    WHY? or WHY NOT?

I come from a long line of Celtic women who have sort of always left this area open for discussion
    (we irish are like that)

I dunno

AM I CRAZY or has this all really happened to me at least once (and many more) times in my life?

Tell me some stuff :corn:
    seriously yes i do after all we had a mag that devoted to some of that stuff. I personally never really encountered anything paranormal but have had some odd stuff. Would like to actually encounter something one time.

Do you believe in ghosts? yes

ESP? a little yeah

Reincarnation? yes and i actually had a past life regression done to my awhile back. it was pretty cool.

What is deja vu?

For real...

more than once

orbs??? gimme a break! for real?

but nearly nothing.

And my daughter has too.

Do you believe a person can be psychic? (or semi psychic...not fortune telling, but knowing things that HAVE or WILL happen?) yes i believe some people are and maybe each of us has a little "psychic" ability

Do you have experiences and say to yourself, wait, did i dream about this, or has it really happened before? probably, but can't remember

Have you seen an apparition? no, but want to

Have you seen an apparition and then find out later who the person is? no

Do you believe in reincarnation? yes
    After life? yes
    Multiple lives? yes
    WHY? or WHY NOT? mom got me into it

(we irish are like that)

I dunno

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    StillHere wrote:
    what do you think about what i'm telling you about the two of us(mother/daughter) creating some sort of attraction to the paranormal? we have both had our own experiences. but when we're together....and i'm not saying all the time, but if we happen to spend some amount of time in certain places, and you never know where, together, things start to happen. anyone else have that experience?
    ee

A friend of mine has visions and paranormal experiences. His mother did also, and he believes that he gets the ability from his mother's side of the family.
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • markin ballmarkin ball Posts: 1,075
    Nope. Just not wired that way, I guess.
    "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ."

"With our thoughts we make the world"