Adam Yauch founding member of Beastie Boys Dead@47

PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,891
edited May 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Jamminonthe1Jamminonthe1 Posts: 1,243
    Next you can post about the Chilean Eddie Vedder :fp:
  • DAMONDAMON Posts: 256
    What I think that person means is unless it just happened seconds ago there is already several threads with several pages. My way is just less jerkish...
  • Jamminonthe1Jamminonthe1 Posts: 1,243
    :lol:
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,694
    I guess I missed the joke. This seems like a sad story to me. :(
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,891
    :lol: I actually beat the popular thread by two minutes, but I think I need to work on my thread titling skills! :D

But seriously, so sad... Beastie Boys were pretty ground breaking and Adam was cool. Total surprise to me; I didn't know he was sick.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    :lol: I actually beat the popular thread by two minutes, but I think I need to work on my thread titling skills! :D

It would appear from the time stamps that the other threads "beat" you by about 5 hours, but that's neither here nor there. It does suck. I'm not even a fan of the Beastie Boys, but it was still crazy to hear.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
    PJ_Soul wrote:

It would appear from the time stamps that the other threads "beat" you by about 5 hours, but that's neither here nor there. It does suck. I'm not even a fan of the Beastie Boys, but it was still crazy to hear.
    Terrible....maybe we can turn it into a thread about how awesome your avatar AND how your signature photo is so awesome. I giggle every time I see them!
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    Speaking of funny pictures.

Beastie.jpg

Is that that tacky or awesome? I can't tell, I think it's awesome but people around here often get offended by the smallest things, so I bet somebody cries foul. But I think it's a cool tribute.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
    Speaking of funny pictures.

Beastie.jpg

Is that that tacky or awesome? I can't tell, I think it's awesome but people around here often get offended by the smallest things, so I bet somebody cries foul. But I think it's a cool tribute.
    Seems fitting to me! :lol: I'm pretty sure that's accurate. What else could he possibly be doing right now??