Options

Cow Palace 12-31-1991

gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,558
edited March 2007 in Given To Fly (live)
hey i uploaded this for a friend and figured id share it with everybody else here. its the entire video of the 12-31-1991 show. enjoy! http://www.megaupload.com/?d=G3H3IG4V
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    DillsnufusDillsnufus Posts: 1,165
    thanks. :-)
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,186
    THANNKK YOUU!!! I didn't read your post close enough and thought it was just audio; nice surprise to get video!!

Oh man, I would love to talk to that kid (adult now) who got Eddie's shoe! He was havin a blast :D I love how they played 3 seconds of Nirvana, "You heard it here first!!"
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    azwyldcatsazwyldcats Posts: 698
    I Was There!!!!!
    And I'm not living this life without you, I'm selfish and clear
    And you're not leaving here without me, I don't wanna be without
    My best... friend. Wake up, to see you could have it all
  • Options
    Dogman3Dogman3 Posts: 330
    Can I get an audio of it?
  • Options
    NHidingNHiding Posts: 1,899
    I love when Ed says "anyone want to hear a Dead song? just making sure you're in the right building." Unfortunately I was in the wrong building in Oakland across the bay, seeing the last ever Dead New Years show, which really blew (ok, easy on the dead thrashing here, i know they're easy targets for some of you out there), as with Bill Graham passing away only two months earlier, any excitement and overall good vibe was gone from the festivities. I had never even heard of Pearl Jam at the time. But the Dead New Years runs were a great tradition, something I only wish Pearl Jam would get into. What a dream a 3 night run at the Key Arena would be every new year's eve. Love how Ed gives props to Bill Graham in this vid as well. I'd been to 16 Dead New Years shows and Bill really knew how to throw a New Years party.

thanks for posting this. Now how can i get it on DVD?
  • Options
    thanks! i wonder if nirvana and the pepper's sets are also out there
    looking for 2 to Columbia...

***GOT EM***
  • Options
    spearheadspearhead Posts: 600
    NHiding wrote:
    I love when Ed says "anyone want to hear a Dead song? just making sure you're in the right building." Unfortunately I was in the wrong building in Oakland across the bay, seeing the last ever Dead New Years show, which really blew (ok, easy on the dead thrashing here, i know they're easy targets for some of you out there), as with Bill Graham passing away only two months earlier, any excitement and overall good vibe was gone from the festivities. I had never even heard of Pearl Jam at the time. But the Dead New Years runs were a great tradition, something I only wish Pearl Jam would get into. What a dream a 3 night run at the Key Arena would be every new year's eve. Love how Ed gives props to Bill Graham in this vid as well. I'd been to 16 Dead New Years shows and Bill really knew how to throw a New Years party.

thanks for posting this. Now how can i get it on DVD?

Yeah, I was at a few of those Grateful Dead New Years Eve shows!
    Bill Graham did it like nobody else before or since...you always saw a great show, that ran on time, and a free healthy breakfast for EVERYBODY on the way out, no matter HOW fucked up you were!
    I was alone and far away when I heard the band start playing!

...I was always a DeadHead, but when I first heard Winston Rodney, aka the Burning Spear, sing, I became a SpearHead too!
  • Options
    No audio only? I want to put it on my iPod.
  • Options
    Dogman3 wrote:
    No audio only? I want to put it on my iPod.

just hooked up the external hard drive... sooo with that said here ya go

mp3's

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XV1V0N66

many thanks again to gndcd402 for posting the video, forgot this was out there

***GOT EM***
  • Options
    Thanks!
  • Options
    and here is nirvana's set following pj

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=G3GBJYZ0

i seem to have lost the pepper's set somehow, does anybody have it they could upload?

no prob dogman

damn, what i would have done to be at this show

***GOT EM***
  • Options
    rudiger10rudiger10 Posts: 129
    Nirvana's is has a password, could i have that?
    My god its been so long, never dreamed we'd return.
  • Options
    Thanks man, but whats the password?
  • Options
    what are you guys seeing? it should tell you the three letter password to enter... let me know if it saying anything other than that

***GOT EM***
  • Options
    mtellermteller Posts: 10
    I was able to download the 12/31/91 Nirvana, however it will not extract properly. It gives a message about not being able to identify the correct path. I downloaded the 12/31/91 PJ set normally, and I've downloaded and extracted dozens of other shows without any problems. I tried downloading the Nirvana again, and renaming it to see if that made a differance but I still got the same message. I'm assuming there may have been an error in the way the file was originally uploaded. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
  • Options
    nocode23nocode23 Posts: 411
    mteller wrote:
    I was able to download the 12/31/91 Nirvana, however it will not extract properly. It gives a message about not being able to identify the correct path. I downloaded the 12/31/91 PJ set normally, and I've downloaded and extracted dozens of other shows without any problems. I tried downloading the Nirvana again, and renaming it to see if that made a differance but I still got the same message. I'm assuming there may have been an error in the way the file was originally uploaded. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Here's a new link for the Nirvana set (audio):

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OJS4DK51

Hope that helps!
  • Options
    mtellermteller Posts: 10
    nocode23 wrote:
    Here's a new link for the Nirvana set (audio):

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OJS4DK51

Hope that helps!
    This link works perfect! Thank you very much.
  • Options
    mteller wrote:
    This link works perfect! Thank you very much.

Glad to help.
  • Options
    nocode23 wrote:
    Glad to help.

yeah, thanks, i'm not sure what happened with mine

***GOT EM***
  • Options
    yeah, thanks, i'm not sure what happened with mine

No worries, that's why we are all here to help each other out.
  • Options
    thanks, great stuff.