Stone's Nuts

davidosdavidos Posts: 481
edited May 2012 in Musicians and Gearheads
The nuts on his guitars......

He seems to favor the black graph tech tusq models. Saw hi last night on jimmy kimmel and his LP had a black nut. Same with his Strats, etc.

Anyone else notice?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    I've never had a chance to really get a close look at Stone's nuts, but based on the tones I've heard from him in the past, I would venture to guess they're pretty big. I think it's at least possible that they are made of steel, but I can't be sure. Contrary to some people's opinions, black nuts aren't necessarily superior to nuts of other colors, and vice versa. Nuts of all colors are beautiful, and all have their own unique charm. I would guess that he keeps them pretty smooth, though... nothing worse than nuts that aren't in clean and tip-top shape. My guess is, he has his nuts trimmed by a highly-trained professional. Nothing worse than when someone tries to shave their own nuts, and then does a horrible job. Whatever the story is with Stone's nuts, I am very jealous.

:sits back and waits for the moderators:
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • MaxGoldenrodMaxGoldenrod Posts: 1,341
    I've never had a chance to really get a close look at Stone's nuts, but based on the tones I've heard from him in the past, I would venture to guess they're pretty big. I think it's at least possible that they are made of steel, but I can't be sure. Contrary to some people's opinions, black nuts aren't necessarily superior to nuts of other colors, and vice versa. Nuts of all colors are beautiful, and all have their own unique charm. I would guess that he keeps them pretty smooth, though... nothing worse than nuts that aren't in clean and tip-top shape. My guess is, he has his nuts trimmed by a highly-trained professional. Nothing worse than when someone tries to shave their own nuts, and then does a horrible job. Whatever the story is with Stone's nuts, I am very jealous.

:sits back and waits for the moderators:
    :lol::lol::lol:
    "Then the Spirit of God hovered over the water, and God said, Let there be music, and there was Pearl Jam."

Whose idea was it for the word "Lisp" to have an "S" in it?
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,414
    :lol::lol:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    :lol:

I try to keep mine as slick as possible, but my g string still pinches as the nut. You guys mind tellin me what you use for lube or is that a personal thing?
  • uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    I needed a good laugh. Never thought Stone's nuts would elicit this reaction.
  • JH228JH228 Posts: 38
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    I agree ~ he certainly is