Home sick, bored

LiLiNY81LiLiNY81 Posts: 775
edited May 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Started to feel dizzy at work yesterday...woke up this morning feeling worse. A lot of sinus pressure, head pressure and ear pressure. Hoping it's something stupid like a sinus infection. Anyways...I'm bored. I hate being home sick :fp:
"Now YOU listen. When we are on this ship, you are to refer to me as 'Idiot' not 'You Captain'!"
saldoubledutchgif_zps889c30d5.gif
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    Dizzy? Sounds like a doctor visit is in your future.

Hope you feel better.
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    dizzy spells are not something you should take lightly. Make sure you're hydrated well enough as well. And the pressure issues....are there storms coming your way? This is exactly how I get when storms are coming through. Feel better.
  • LiLiNY81LiLiNY81 Posts: 775
    dizzy spells are not something you should take lightly. Make sure you're hydrated well enough as well. And the pressure issues....are there storms coming your way? This is exactly how I get when storms are coming through. Feel better.
    I'm headed to the doctor in a couple of hours. It has been raining since yesterday, so I'm sure that has something to do with it. But I also suffer from allergies. Apparently this allergy season is the worst it ever has been due to our mild winter.

Thanks guys!
    "Now YOU listen. When we are on this ship, you are to refer to me as 'Idiot' not 'You Captain'!"
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    LiLiNY81 wrote:
    I'm headed to the doctor in a couple of hours. It has been raining since yesterday, so I'm sure that has something to do with it. But I also suffer from allergies. Apparently this allergy season is the worst it ever has been due to our mild winter.

Thanks guys!

Same here with allergies and our crazy winter. Glad you're going to the dr. Feel better.
  • dr0ptheleashdr0ptheleash Posts: 1,264
    I used to love staying home from school when I was younger. Now when I'm stuck at home all the things I need to be doing just pile up in my mind. I hope you feel better soon, and have a relaxing day!
  • Hope you feel better soon.

I do not no your history, but the symptoms sound like acute sinusitis. If you bend forward does the pain increase ?
    Dizziness can happen in AS, but other causes should be investigated.
    Dizziness is more of a general term.It is important to differentiate between VERTIGO,DISEQUILIBRIUM, and LIGHTHEADEDNESS.
    VERTIGO is a sense of rotary motion ,either of the patient or the environment. It would feel like you are spinning around objects or objects are spinning around you.

DISEQUILIBRIUM is a sensation of imbalance when standing or walking.

LIGHTHEADEDNESS is a sensation of impending loss of consciousness
    Does exertion provoke lightheadedness ?
    Vertigo would involve the inner ear.
    Is there any ringing in the ears or hearing loss ?
    Not to make you paranoid , but if there is any vomiting get to the MD immediately.

I understand that you may not want to answer questions on the forum. Feel free to PM me.
    I have experience in the medical field.
    It is best to go to the MD after brief overview of symptoms. You will be prepared to ask the right questions.
    Informed patients tend to have better outcomes and have enhanced shared decision making with the MD.
    Hope you feel better soon.

I do not no your history, but the symptoms sound like acute sinusitis. If you bend forward does the pain increase ?
    Dizziness can happen in AS, but other causes should be investigated.
    Dizziness is more of a general term.It is important to differentiate between VERTIGO,DISEQUILIBRIUM, and LIGHTHEADEDNESS.
    VERTIGO is a sense of rotary motion ,either of the patient or the environment. It would feel like you are spinning around objects or objects are spinning around you.

DISEQUILIBRIUM is a sensation of imbalance when standing or walking.

LIGHTHEADEDNESS is a sensation of impending loss of consciousness
    Does exertion provoke lightheadedness ?
    Vertigo would involve the inner ear.
    Is there any ringing in the ears or hearing loss ?
    Not to make you paranoid , but if there is any vomiting get to the MD immediately.

I understand that you may not want to answer questions on the forum. Feel free to PM me.
    I have experience in the medical field.
    It is best to go to the MD after brief overview of symptoms. You will be prepared to ask the right questions.
    Informed patients tend to have better outcomes and have enhanced shared decision making with the MD.
    No vomiting, but I do feel a lot of pressure in my head/sinuses/ears when I bend down which generally makes me think it's sinuses. I had been diagnosed with vertigo a few years ago, but it doesn't come about very often. The only thing that seems to trigger it is anxiety and inner ear infections (which I've also had a few times). No ringing in my ears or pain, just feels like pressure. I had my ears flushed out a couple of months ago (I was told this needs to be done a couple of times a year to help prevent the vertigo). I'm sure there are times I confuse dizziness/lightheadedness and vertigo with each other. I plan on telling the doc today everything I'm feeling...hopefully it's nothing serious :shock:
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Hope you get better and get everything straightened out
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Hope you start to feel better! :(
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    I slept all day yesterday because I was feeling so lousy. :sick:
    I'm home sick today too except I've been grading papers, and more papers, and more papers... :?
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    I hope you feel better.
    ELITIST FUK
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    sinus infection nothing to mess with... get those antibiotics

feel better soon
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,149
    LiLiNY81 wrote:

Thanks guys!

I have had allergies my whole life and they have never been worse than the past couple of weeks.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
    Thanks everyone :) Went to see the doc. Sinus infection AND vertigo. He said I don't need the strong antibiotics for the infection, just over-the-counter stuff like Mucinex D, as it's not severe....plus with my last sinus infection, I had a bad reaction to the z-pack. He prescribed Antivert for the vertigo. Hopefully it'll start to clear up!