I almost made it through the entire

justamjustam Posts: 21,408
edited May 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
I almost made it through the entire school year without getting ill.

I can't believe I've come down with some nasty Bronchitis now that I'm finishing my work! :?

Next year, I'm not shaking anyone's hand in the last week of classes!! :D

Coming down with an illness right about when my vacation is supposed to start is so frustrating!

What was the most inconvenient time you ever got ill? :geek:
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    chickenpox when i was like 4 or 5

ruined a week of childhood :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    edited May 2012
    :D

Do you know that there's a vaccine for that now? My kids will never get chicken pox!
    Post edited by justam on
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,149
    My allergies have been horrible for over 2 weeks now. 1 week I can live with, but 2 weeks at any time of the year is so inconvenient!
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    i got sick the night before i had drive 10 hours from NY to NC :evil:
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    81 wrote:

i was 7 i think.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    Sorry you're not feeling well AM. I got sick the night before I was supposed to play a role in the school play in 8th grade. German measles.

I don't look back and regret it much though. It's not like acting was in my blood or anything. :D
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    81 wrote:

I got it twice. True story. :?
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    81 wrote:

I got it twice. True story. :?

yes i hear thats possible if the first dose was mild.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    justam wrote:

Do you know that there's a vaccine for that now? My kids will never chicken pox!
    My younger brother and I never got chicken pox even though my older brother did. I just had them check my titers and I was not immune :? so I just had the vaccine. I've been around it a few times in my life, weird that I never got it!

I was never really prone to getting ill before I started working at my current job. It doesn't help that my office is located in the health center and I have to walk through the waiting room of sick people to get to my office! Since working here I've gotten things I never had growing up (strep throat, the flu, the swine flu, pink eye). The most inconvenient was losing my voice a couple of months ago. Made it a little hard to do therapy, but I still tried!
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
    justam wrote:

Do you know that there's a vaccine for that now? My kids will never chicken pox!
    My younger brother and I never got chicken pox even though my older brother did. I just had them check my titers and I was not immune :? so I just had the vaccine. I've been around it a few times in my life, weird that I never got it!

I was never really prone to getting ill before I started working at my current job. It doesn't help that my office is located in the health center and I have to walk through the waiting room of sick people to get to my office! Since working here I've gotten things I never had growing up (strep throat, the flu, the swine flu, pink eye). The most inconvenient was losing my voice a couple of months ago. Made it a little hard to do therapy, but I still tried!

check your titers??? what is that, cause im sure im thinking wrongly.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • CareyCarey Posts: 2,361
    Bummer for you OP!

I was sick/throwing up at Disneyworld on the last day of my vacation, and the next day when we were supposed to travel. We had to stay an extra day, cooped up in a hotel room with a two-year-old and five-year-old. I ordered food in for them and tried to stay as far away from them as possible. My ex was sick also, but he was worthless even while healthy ;)
    "Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026

It's a blood test where they check different levels for you and see how strong or weak your immune system is to certain things. This is especially important to those who have compromised immune systems.

It's a blood test where they check different levels for you and see how strong or weak your immune system is to certain things. This is especially important to those who have compromised immune systems.

thank you. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026

thank you. :)
    :) welcome.
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    justam wrote:

no worries, I can check them for you, I'm expert ;)
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    I had a 102 fever when i left for my sr year trip to Cancun. Plane ride sucked and stayed im bed for first 2 days. Rest of week i was healthy so im glad i went.
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
    justam wrote:

:lol::lol::lol: It's not as fun as it sounds. Basically shows if you have an immunity to a particular virus or not.

:lol::lol::lol: It's not as fun as it sounds. Basically shows if you have an immunity to a particular virus or not.

might be kind of fun to see what immunities i have.. except for that whole me not liking doctors thing.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say

might be kind of fun to see what immunities i have.. except for that whole me not liking doctors thing.
    That might be an issue :|:lol: I should have built up to an immunity to just about everything from working here. Nothing like being confined to a tiny space with someone hacking up a long all over you :|

That might be an issue :|:lol: I should have built up to an immunity to just about everything from working here. Nothing like being confined to a tiny space with someone hacking up a long all over you :|

that is disgusting. :sick:

i caved recently and actually did go to the doctors. but they kept me waiting for 2 hours TWICE. so i said fuck this im not coming back. from now on ill self medicate.. it seems to be working so far. :mrgreen:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say

that is disgusting. :sick:

i caved recently and actually did go to the doctors. but they kept me waiting for 2 hours TWICE. so i said fuck this im not coming back. from now on ill self medicate.. it seems to be working so far. :mrgreen:

Now I tell the receptionist if they come in for an appointment and they are hacking, reschedule them. They can't possibly need to see me that badly :roll:

:lol: My grandfather believed that a shot of whiskey would cure anything...I might have to try that :think:

• pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Sorry to hear this, feel better soon justam ... would this have been concert dates for you?

the year of my injury a couple days before Ed was to arrive here in Atl,
    we had tix both nights,
    I took a serious fall by the pool triggered from my previous injury.
    We went to the shows of course and the time I was with Ed I forgot all the pain.
    I was head to toe black and blue with a hole in my shin
    but boy was I happy! :D

I was also pretty sick for Hartford. Caught it in KC then it sort of changed during
    the days in Hartford, especially after drinking the night before, fever, deep painful cough.
    I was feeling pretty bad that night, exhausted but mostly worried about giving it to others.
    It crimped my style and to this day I hope and pray none of my lovely new friends got sick
    cause of me.
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,846
    justam wrote:

Got the worst case of the flu I ever had....on the day of the final spectrum show. It sucked so bad.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    justam wrote:

Got the worst case of the flu I ever had....on the day of the final spectrum show. It sucked so bad.
    I got that too! Same night. Turned out to be the swine flu. Woke up that morning and my whole body ached. I thought it was just from working out. By the time the show started I was burning up. I got home and had a 103 fever :shock: The show rocked...too bad I couldn't enjoy it more. Really really glad it didn't happen on night 1 though. That would have sucked considering I was sick for 2 weeks.

• dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    I almost made it through 7 whole seconds without thinking about sex.

Trying to shut down the claim about men, but ... I failed.

:P
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    justam wrote:

Ah yeah, that would've sucked... but, just as I would do, I'm sure you stayed strong and went to the show. 8-)
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    Sorry you're not feeling well AM. I got sick the night before I was supposed to play a role in the school play in 8th grade. German measles.

I don't look back and regret it much though. It's not like acting was in my blood or anything. :D

But you were probably disappointed at the time! :?
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    :lol: I should have built up to an immunity to just about everything from working here. Nothing like being confined to a tiny space with someone hacking up a long all over you :|

It's true. I feel really uncomfortable when students come to my office and cough all over the place. My window doesn't even open so I can't air it out! :x
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    Carey wrote:
    Bummer for you OP!

I was sick/throwing up at Disneyworld on the last day of my vacation, and the next day when we were supposed to travel. We had to stay an extra day, cooped up in a hotel room with a two-year-old and five-year-old. I ordered food in for them and tried to stay as far away from them as possible. My ex was sick also, but he was worthless even while healthy ;)

Carey, this must have been rough!
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,846
    dcfaithful wrote:
    justam wrote:

Ah yeah, that would've sucked... but, just as I would do, I'm sure you stayed strong and went to the show. 8-)

Yeah I did but it sucked so bad. I was sitting down during songs and everything. It was lame. Easily my least favorite of the 24 PJ shows I've been to. I remember when Ed played Bugs I thought "I can't believe this is actually happening at a moment where I'd rather be in bed than at a PJ show." Tough day.
    justam wrote:

I got that too! Same night. Turned out to be the swine flu. Woke up that morning and my whole body ached. I thought it was just from working out. By the time the show started I was burning up. I got home and had a 103 fever :shock: The show rocked...too bad I couldn't enjoy it more. Really really glad it didn't happen on night 1 though. That would have sucked considering I was sick for 2 weeks.

Yeah a lot of people got it. It was going around. I think the Yankees brought it down with them for the World Series or something. Assholes.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com