Options

potential or current phish fans....

erocshiftyerocshifty Posts: 1,170
edited April 2012 in Other Music
please, if you haven't yet, do youselves a favor & get Trampled By Lambs & Pecked By The Doves!! i've had it for a while, but everytime i listen to it, i'm blown away. the demos for Story of the Ghost & Farmhouse & a few more interesting bits. 24 songs, i think.... it's nice to hear how the songs came together for my 2 favorite PHISH albums (next to Junta).
"It's best to live in grace before you're forced to." EV- 10/09/2014 
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    CallawayCallaway Posts: 635
    erocshifty wrote:
    please, if you haven't yet, do youselves a favor & get Trampled By Lambs & Pecked By The Doves!! i've had it for a while, but everytime i listen to it, i'm blown away. the demos for Story of the Ghost & Farmhouse & a few more interesting bits. 24 songs, i think.... it's nice to hear how the songs came together for my 2 favorite PHISH albums (next to Junta).

I was going to be a fan of Phish until I found out their fans spell fans, phans. :lolno:

:P
  • Options
    i'm middle of the road, just thought i'd try to be phunny. hard to do on a pearl jam site, apparently... :lol:
    :fp:
  • Options
    erocshifty wrote:
    i'm middle of the road, just thought i'd try to be phunny. hard to do on a pearl jam site, apparently... :lol:
    :fp:

:D:lol:
  • Options
    choopchoop Posts: 1,060
    Callaway wrote:

I was going to be a fan of Phish until I found out their fans spell fans, phans. :lolno:

"phans" is infinitely better than "jamily" and the other nonsense they come up with here. ;)
    "If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: The only proof he needed for the existence of God was music." KV Jr.
  • Options
    choop wrote:
    Callaway wrote:

"phans" is infinitely better than "jamily" and the other nonsense they come up with here. ;)

You got me :lol: ! Phans is actually waaaay better than Jamily!! I just saw a thread a few days ago where they were calling listening to Pearl Jam as having a Pearljasm. :fp:
  • Options
    i'm not really even sure if they do that or not.. one of my best friends got me into them. i like their albums better than their shows. 20-30 minute songs...that demo cd is really good, though.

p.s. i just watched the fans are alright & almost had a pearl jasm.... :lol::lol:
    also very, very good: THE COMPANY BAND!!!! not phish related- CLUTCH related. :corn:
  • Options
    Bdog10Bdog10 Boca Posts: 471
    Recently became a fan of Phish about 2 years ago. I have been a fan of PJ since day one back in 91 and have the stickman tatoo. I have been to over 45 shows and love them very much. As much as this pains me to say, the vibe and sickness of a phish show is ten times better than that of a PJ gig IMO. I sat in the 400's section both for PJ and Phish at MSG. Let me just say no one was sitting during Phish. I'm just calling a spade a spade!
    "I want to go...but I don't want to go alone...With you I could never feel alone..."

Randall's Island 96 and haven't stopped since...
  • Options
    i've heard a LOT of their boots & seen a lot of video footage. it's crazy how many unrecorded songs they actually have. my 2 favorite bootlegs of theirs are the "gamehoist" show from charelston,wv 1994 & a club show from somewhere in europe 1997. i do rather like a lot of their music & quite a few of shows. i'm a big dmb fan, too. sometimes the 20-30 minute jams get long, though. i do plan on actually going next summer.the thing i like most is when they do 2 nights somewhere, they don't repeat any songs.
  • Options
    weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,278
    your not really going to get 20-30 minute songs anymore, they seem to be past that phase of their career.

and the words Phan and Jamily are both terrible.
  • Options
    definitely on my bucket list to see phish.. as i stated the "phan" thing was a joke. the thing that i've found to be most difficult when posting online is getting the intonnation (?) accross. i did read somewhere that the rest of the band are getting more moments to shine lately. trey should have been on the top 100 list, but there's several guitarists, that deserve to be, that didn't make it. i thought treys solo albums were awesome as well. let me one of my favorites. i wish i could remember where that 97 club show was from, i would love to have that again. the "gamehoist" show was incredible, too. incredible band. brilliant songwriters.
    p.s. i edited the "phan" thing.. :fp: my bad...