Options

Gorge Camping - looking to meet people

windstorm2windstorm2 Posts: 6
edited July 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Hey, my girlfriend and I will be traveling to the Gorge shows from Orlando, Florida. We will be spending a week between Seattle, Mt Ranier, and the Gorge campground. I am hoping ot meet up with some cool fun people for the Gorge part of the trip.

A bit about us:
I am 29 male and teach 3D game graphics/3D Studio Max at a college in Orlando
She is 25 and a rowing coach / art teacher here. A former rowing coach at University of Oregon.

If this is the wrong thread, forgive me, its been a loooong day of trip planning.
www.myspace.com/stateofthegreg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    slug420slug420 Posts: 316
    windstorm2 wrote:
    Hey, my girlfriend and I will be traveling to the Gorge shows from Orlando, Florida. We will be spending a week between Seattle, Mt Ranier, and the Gorge campground. I am hoping ot meet up with some cool fun people for the Gorge part of the trip.

A bit about us:
    She is 25 and a rowing coach / art teacher here. A former rowing coach at University of Oregon.

If this is the wrong thread, forgive me, its been a loooong day of trip planning.

heading out for a week from CT for SF shows and some sightseeing on our way to the gorge also. Plan on arriving on friday night after the redsox game in seattle so probably not until like midnight (hope they let us in that late). We have a 3 day "premiere" camping pass.

im a 25 male computer geek by profession

my friend is a 26 female whose job I think would be classified as social worker or something like that....

In addition to general "hanging out" we tend to enjoy the consumption of libations and playing games that aid in the aforementioned consumption. Sound like what you had in mind?

where do you teach? Full Sail? I have a friend who goes there...
  • Options
    OTOTOOTOTO New York, NY Posts: 190
    Good to know that there are lots of other couples travelling the distance. My gf and I are 27 and 26 and are coming from NYC. Good to know that not everyone is on a group of 4 or larger. Sure this will be an amazing weekend.
    "You Can't be Neutral on a Moving Train"
  • Options
    Hells yeah... amazing indeed. Cannot wait. I'm also glad to see that people's unrelenting ambition for this sorta thing has not ceased getting into the late 20s (I'm 22). But anyway, hope your guys' trips are safe and all.
    05/30/03 Van, 09/01/05 Gorge, 09/02/05 Van, 09/04/05 Cal, 09/05/05 Ed, 09/07/05 S'toon, 09/08/05 'Peg, 07/22&23/06 Gorge, 06/14/08 'Roo, 08/08/09 Cal, 09/21/11 Cal, 09/23/11 Ed, 12/02/13 Cal
  • Options
    senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    See you there! Be sure to check out the CCFA booth! You'll meet tons of board members there!

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=199357

Also, there's a BBQ on Alki Beach in Seattle the night before the shows. Come on down if you're in town!

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=205380

:)
  • Options
    iamsampjiamsampj Posts: 784
    windstorm2 wrote:

A bit about us:

heeyy...do you work at full sail?!? i used to work w/ a girl who works there. glad to see that i'm not the only crazy person from orlando heading up to the gorge :D see ya there!!
    yes...i do feel like a human. i do not feel like a tree.
  • Options
    merlin401merlin401 Posts: 216
    I'd also love to meet a few people out there... and its more important for me than any of these other people cause I have to travel out alone :( So if anyone wants to let a 24 year old guy tag along out there at the campground, be sure to let me know lol. Maybe I can meet up with some people
    Jones Beach II (2000), Holmdel (2003), Camden 1, East Rutherford II, Gorge I, Gorge II (2006), MSG I, Boston II (2008), Spectrum II, Spectrum III, Spectrum IV (2009), MSG I, MSG II (2010), Prague (2012), Philly I (2013), Philly I, Philly II, Fenway I (2016), Fenway I (2018), MSG (2022)
  • Options
    Synapses FlashingSynapses Flashing Ventura, CA Posts: 86
    I'm travelling up there with some friends from LA and SF and we're staying at the Wildhorse campground. What is there to do during the day while waiting for the shows? Naturally partying before the show during the late afternoon and evening, but is there any hiking around there or water related activities on the river?
    11-7-95 San Diego Sports Arena (originally 6-7-95 in Del Mar)7-14-98 LA
    6-3-03 Irvine7-7-06 San Diego7-9/10-06 LA7-13-06 Santa Barbara7-16-06 San Francisco7-22/23-06 Gorge12-2-06 Honolulu4-10-08 Santa Barbara (Ed)4-13-08 LA (Ed)
  • Options
    mookie505mookie505 Posts: 2
    Yes, would be really nice to meet up with other couples travelling to the Gorge from afar. I'm 28, and my girlfriend is 23. We're coming from Oregon.
    Let's figure out a way to meet up with one another. Pre-funk...post-funk...and the like.
    Las Cruces '95 -- ABQ '98 -- Dallas '00 -- Lubbock '00 -- ABQ '00 -- Missoula '03 -- Las Vegas '03 -- Phoenix '03 -- St Louis '04 -- Missoula '05 -- The Gorge '05 -- The Gorge '06 --
  • Options
    man, all these couples....wish i had a gf to go with

maybe next time
  • Options
    Slug420!!!

Where in Connecticut are you from???

I'm from Bridgeport!!!!

Will be heading up as well!!!!

Non-Fiction
  • Options
    AvocadoLadyAvocadoLady Posts: 680
    We'll be there - two girls from Chicago - camping both Saturday and Sunday. Come by and say hi! We'll be the folks with the Wisconsin Badgers & Cubs flags.
    "What happens when so many people agree on something? Can we take this beyond the parking lot when we leave tonight?" -EV, Iconoclasts
  • Options
    slug420 wrote:
    where do you teach? Full Sail? I have a friend who goes there...

Yup I teach at Full Sail, and yes drinking games are in order for the show. I will be camping the night between the 2 shows. I think we are also camping out around MT Ranier the night before (Friday night)
  • Options
    non-fiction: I am in meriden, but i actually work for UI right down your way in shelton

AvocadoLady: we'll see ya there. Look for the Ford Explorer with the red sox colors displayed somewhere.......tough year for your cubbies eh? We triiied to help you out and give you nomah and look what you did with him...pfft.

windstorm2: thats cool, I actually checked out your homepage and my buddy said he had you for a lab instructor before. His name is Kyle Hamilton, not sure if you remember him or not.

I wanted to do several weeks and spend time at ranier, olympic, and glacier but unfortunately none of my friends could get the time off so we are just oding one week for the SF and gorge shows. Found this really cool former ranger's station cabin in the woods near Mt St helens that we will be at on Thursday night, then up to seattle for the requisite space needle visit and the sox game before heading out to the gorge late at night.

Maybe ill find a folding table on the side of the road between SF and Seattle that i can grab for some drinking games.....this is shaping up nicely.
  • Options
    Yup I remember him, I think he was in my class about 6 months ago. I leave Florida on the 20th, Will be in Seattle for a few days, then 3 days of camping and 3 more days of sight seeing in seattle. Anyone know the Gorge camgrounds well enough to think of a good landmark?
  • Options
    i dont know anything about the place....I can PM you my cell# (assuming it works out there) if u want.

Tell me what to put on a sign/banner by our suv and ill whip it up....
  • Options
    the message thing should work, that way I can hit you with a text message if I need to reach you. The Red Sox stuff will probably give you guys away. I will be renting a car, so I have no idea what I'll be driving.

Anyone here know about alcohol policy at the Gorge campground?
  • Options
    I was just assuming there wasnt one....hehe
  • Options
    Number 18Number 18 Posts: 132
    I used to be a Park Ranger at Mount Rainier. I can let you know where to go when you visit there.

Check out this page, too: http://www.fivehorizons.com/feature/seattle/index.shtml

PM me if you want me cell number.
  • Options
    Number 18 wrote:
    I used to be a Park Ranger at Mount Rainier. I can let you know where to go when you visit there.

Check out this page, too: http://www.fivehorizons.com/feature/seattle/index.shtml

PM me if you want me cell number.

thats a great link for seattle!
  • Options
    solracsolrac Posts: 21
    I'm not going to the Gorge (going to the San Francisco shows) but I am a former lab instructor for Full Sail's game dev degree. Good to see some one from around there that enjoys Pearl Jam enough to fly out and see some shows on the west coast!
    7.18.06 (Finally!)
    6.22.08 (With my little bro!)
  • Options
    flying out with my buddy on friday morning, staying for the 2 gorge shows then flying back to NY on monday. i cant wait... 1 more week!
    Reading, PA
    Washington DC
    Montreal
    Ottawa
    Atlantic City, NJ
    Atlantic City, NJ
    Philadelphia, PA
    New York, NY
    Albany, NY
    Hartford, CT
    Camden, NJ
    Camden, NJ
    Washington DC
    E Rutherford, NJ
    E Rutherford, NJ
    Pittsburgh, PA
    The Gorge
    The Gorge
    Honolulu !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    only a week or so away from the biggest weekend of the year!!! I will be travelling over to the gorge for both nights with a bunch of peeps from RM board.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    Vital73Vital73 Posts: 34
    Hard to believe the endless waiting is almost over. Days are flying by now as we approach the highlight of our collective summer!

Now I wouldn't mind it slowing down a bit, trying to soak it all in. The anticipation has been a lot of fun in itself!

We'll be there in force at WildHorse! Look for the Black 4Runner and the pewterish colored Matrix! Or you can always look for the cloud hovering above us ;-)

Looking forward to meeting and partying with a lot of new friends from this board!

Unemployable just came on the radio as I'm typing this....so great to hear them on the radio again!!!!!

9 days and 7 hours from now we'll be listening to the first songs @ the Gorge!!!!!!!!!
    I will hold the candle till it burns up my arm
    Oh, I'll keep takin' punches until their will grows tired
    I will stare the sun down until my eyes go blind
    Hey, I won't change direction, and I won't change my mind