Hardcore Pawn on Tru TV

elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,366
edited June 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Anyone been to this shop in person. My wife and I are hitting the Jack White solo show in Detroit and were thinking about headin out to 8mile for the journey!!!!

Any reviews!!?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    paging Caveeze...paging Caveeze, please report to the thread.

Ever been to American Jewelery?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • GivenToJam88GivenToJam88 Posts: 1,187
    Hilarious show!
    2006: 5/28
    2008: 6/19, 6/24, 6/25
    2009: 6/14 (EV), 10/27, 10/28
    2010: 5/17
    2011: 6/21 (EV), 6/22 (EV), 9/11, 9/12
    2012: 9/2
    2013: 10/15, 10/16, 10/19, 10/21, 10/22, 10/27, 11/23, 11/24
    2014: 10/19
    2016: 5/1, 5/2, 5/8
    2018: 8/20, 9/2, 9/4
  • I have no idea, but I'm guessing much like the Jersey Shore, the reality is nothing like the reality.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    Bring a bullet proof vest. I feel like I need one just watching it on TV. :lol:

Pretty addictive show though. The daughter and son are douches. And what better name for a Pawn Shop owner than Les Gold. :thumbup:
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,777
    :oops: misread the title of the thread :lol:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    :fp:
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497

:lol:
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387

:lol: I thought there had been a spelling error and in the hope it was opened the thread anyway :oops: :D:lol:
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    :fp: 8-)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    I got sucked into 4 episodes last night. the people there are unreal. the daughter has an annoying as fuck too.
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    I agree....the son and daughter are very annoying!

I am not a huge fan of the show....all it really does is make light of people who are in difficult financial situations.

I prefer Pawn Stars!
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    I agree....the son and daughter are very annoying!

I am not a huge fan of the show....all it really does is make light of people who are in difficult financial situations.

I prefer Pawn Stars!

At least Pawn Stars seems less staged. Also a lot less angry. Everyone on Hardcore Pawn is pissed off all of the time.
    I read an article somewhere that although they're competing shows, HCP Is mainly focused on the people and PS The goods. PS is pretty much antiques roadshow
    2 episodes in already. Fuck.
    I feel trashy just watching this show. :lol:
    DS1119 wrote:
    The white dude with the gotee sounds like Seth rogan
    DS1119 wrote:
    The white dude with the gotee sounds like Seth rogan

Yeah he does actually. :lol:
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Seth is a asshole. Just once I'd like to see Ashley beat the living shit outta him.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• prismprism Posts: 2,440
    it's not really my thing tho i catch it ocansionally if nothing else is on. i prefer watching pawn stars

my daughter bf's best friend was recently in detriot doing business and decided to stop by there and check it out. and yep now he's gonna be on the show. his segment it's supposed to air sometime in june. i'm aware of the basic premise to his story...it outta be interesting to see how it turned out when it airs :corn:

also one of my friends ever since we were in kindergarten that now lives in cali is filming a segment with mythbusters today & tomorrow. i don't know yet when it's gonna air. tho from her fb updates she's having a blast ;) i can't wait to see her on the show :corn:
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Seth is a asshole. Just once I'd like to see Ashley beat the living shit outta him.
    Ashley is a See you Next Tuesday

I bet Ashely could easily take him in a fight....he is a wuss!
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

I bet Ashely could easily take him in a fight....he is a wuss!

Ashley is a wench, she treats some customers really poorly even when she's wrong. I got so much joy out of her trying to shovel the parking lot.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    I hope it's not on tonight. I've gotta do some OT at home tonight.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    prism wrote:
    filming a segment with mythbusters

is that show still on
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    prism wrote:
    filming a segment with mythbusters

is that show still on

yep...although it comes on after your bedtime
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Seems like many of these sort of reality programs lose steam after a few seasons...I was a huge fan of Ice Road Truckers, Swamp People, Ace of Cakes & Hardcore Pawn.....lost interest in all of them!

I still love Full Throttle Saloon, though!
    http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/Coun ... index.html

DETROIT -

Kenny Smith He might qualify as one of Detroit's dumbest criminals.

Kenny "Boom" Smith was busted by the U.S. Secret Service for making and passing counterfeit money. Smith must have thought his funny money skills are pretty good because he attempted to sell both his counterfeit cash and his counterfeiting machine to a pawn shop. Not just any pawn shop, either.

American Jewelry and Loan is where the hit TV show "Hardcore Pawn" is shot. The store near 8 Mile and Evergreen roads has become a destination because of the show.

"We have tour buses and people from all over the world coming here. They love the show and we’re a great pawn shop," said owner Les Gold.

Gold is the star of the show and has been in the pawn business a long time.

"We see everything. People bring in counterfeit money, counterfeit jewelry. Nothing surprises me nowadays," he said.

Les Gold So Gold didn’t bat an eyelash when Smith showed up and wanted to sell him his counterfeit money and machine. He wanted to be on the show. Smith told Gold he would bring his counterfeiting equipment to the store. A short time later the Secret Service showed up at American Jewelry and Loan. They had been tracing Smith's activities since he had been passing his fake bills.

Gold filled them in on what Smith had told him and the agents found out Smith's counterfeiting claims had been captured on camera for the show.

So now, Smith has been busted by the Secret Service and charged in federal court. This isn’t his first counterfeiting case either. He has done a stint in prison for the same thing and if convicted he is going back again.

As Gold says, “All because he wanted his five minutes of fame on TV."

Smith actually signed a waiver to be on the TV show.

the article is from May...wonder if I missed it or if they are going to show it at all...

- Christopher McCandless
  • GivenToJam88GivenToJam88 Posts: 1,187
    Great show
    2006: 5/28
    2008: 6/19, 6/24, 6/25
    2009: 6/14 (EV), 10/27, 10/28
    2010: 5/17
    2011: 6/21 (EV), 6/22 (EV), 9/11, 9/12
    2012: 9/2
    2013: 10/15, 10/16, 10/19, 10/21, 10/22, 10/27, 11/23, 11/24
    2014: 10/19
    2016: 5/1, 5/2, 5/8
    2018: 8/20, 9/2, 9/4
    prism wrote:
    it's not really my thing tho i catch it ocansionally if nothing else is on. i prefer watching pawn stars

my daughter bf's best friend was recently in detriot doing business and decided to stop by there and check it out. and yep now he's gonna be on the show. his segment it's supposed to air sometime in june. i'm aware of the basic premise to his story...it outta be interesting to see how it turned out when it airs :corn:

also one of my friends ever since we were in kindergarten that now lives in cali is filming a segment with mythbusters today & tomorrow. i don't know yet when it's gonna air. tho from her fb updates she's having a blast ;) i can't wait to see her on the show :corn:

still waiting to hear the date t's segment will air. this season started at the end of June and word is it's gonna be on this season.... just he hasn't been given the date yet

my friend that's gonna be on mythbusters is also still waiting for the air date.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Chicago Bull!!! :fp:

Someone from the Chicago land area should get on this show.