Baggage Battles

DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
edited April 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Anyone catch this show yet? It's pretty much a combination of Storage Wars and Pawn Stars where people go to these auctions and bid on lost and damaged luggage from the airlines. I'm all for making money but what I'm wondering is why the hell are the airlines not returning this stuff to the original owners?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    haven't seen,but it looks very good
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    DS1119 wrote:
    Anyone catch this show yet? It's pretty much a combination of Storage Wars and Pawn Stars where people go to these auctions and bid on lost and damaged luggage from the airlines. I'm all for making money but what I'm wondering is why the hell are the airlines not returning this stuff to the original owners?

if u don't claim in a certain amount of time..it's their's
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    My question would be, why aren't people claiming their lost luggage?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    JK_Livin wrote:
    My question would be, why aren't people claiming their lost luggage?

You took the words right out of my mouth.
  • I've watched it and enjoyed it...the prick who always dressed nice really works on my nerves....I can't decide who's worse though...him or Dave on storage wars. The crazy Brit is a hoot on baggage battles
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I watched it...I have to wonder why people don't put a LUGGAGE TAG with their contact info on their luggage...and who the hell puts valuable jewelry in their checked luggage? If I have something of value, I put it in my purse, or in my carry-on.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,362
    It's probably contrived with the show placing valuables in the baggage ahead of time, like most reality shows.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    It's probably contrived with the show placing valuables in the baggage ahead of time, like most reality shows.

Some reality shows are set up? :shock: :P
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    What a $2 ID tag will do for ya'...

I travel a lot for work and I'm always amazed when you see a bag going around and around the carousel on a flight that landed 2 hours earlier. I mean...some of the bags HAVE ID tags on them. Do people forget they checked a bag? Even IF there is nothing worth value in that bag, the $25 you spent to check it would be worth me picking it up after the flight! :lol:
    Funny story...A week or so ago, I checked the tag on one of those unclaimed bags. "Robert Jones" was all that was on it. No phone number or anything. :fp: :lol:
    mca47 wrote:
    "Robert Jones" was all that was on it.

I know him. :lol:
  • perfectlefts14perfectlefts14 Posts: 2,023
    I'm holding out for the lost & found wars.
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'