Options

EV7 RSD GIVEAWAY - WINNER!

2»

Comments

• Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,891
    Cool giveaway! I won't eneter because someone who went to the show should win :D.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    I've been a 10C since 2006, but I started to post on the boards since last September, I was sucked by the whole PJ20 histeria, however I could not go to Winsconsin, I could not afford it, but I caught up by reading what other 10C members wrote about it. But I did watch the movie in theatres 5 times, have lost count of how many times watched the DVD Deluxe, I loved the movie, that is what I like to watch the most, bought lots of stuffs from TEN CLUB since last September, more than I did during the previous 5 years, and of course, I posted a lot on the boards, you all may have had the chance to read or suffer from all the nonsense I type here, I haven't become friend with anyone, yet, but I have made some acquaintances by reading and answering what other post, we share same interests, we have the same viewpoints on certain things, and we get each other sense of humour, so reading and posting here has become real fun throughout the day, since you can log in whenever and wherever you are, the boards will always be there, and I love being a part of this community, I have taken part of online forums before, but this one is beyond I would ever expect, I found amazing people here, and I haven't had the chance to get to know them, due to time and geography, but it's astonishing how people all over the world are connected with each other, giving away stuff, collecting money to make a gift to somebody else, raising money for charity, buying stuff to help people undergoing difficulties, or giving heads-up when something comes up at the goods section or somebody is salling or trading what someone else's has been looking for a long while... I've never seen this kind of behaviour and relationship in my life, or at least in a long while...

I never expressed on the boards my thanks to Julie (URthekey) for gathering some Water on the road posters, the one that hangs in stores, giving them away and sending one to me, and Kevin (theserialthrilla) for sending a PM to me asking to choose any and as many 45's I wanted, and sending them (3) to me, I thanked both of them, and I sent to both of them a couple of waxes in return, expressing my thankfulness...

Julie and Kevin, thank you...

and in order to keep the good vibes going I sent Matt my spare (and fav) xmas single, Santa Cruz b/w Golden State...

and this is the story of my experience of being a 10C member...
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    VOLAREVOLARE Posts: 314
    Updated date bump
    8-28-92 Harriet Island
    6-16-93 University Theatre, UM
    2-8-95 Adams Field House
    6-20-98 Washington-Grizzly Stadium
    5-28-03 Adams Field House
    8-29-05 Adams Field House
    7-22-06 Gorge Amphitheater
    9-3-11 Alpine Valley
    9-30-12 Adams Field House
    10-31-12 The Pearl - Eddie Vedder
    11-01-12 The Pearl - Eddie Vedder
    9-6-13 Key Arena
    6-20-14 Milan
    6-22-14 Trieste
    11-28-15 Mexico City
  • Options
    arakiasarakias Posts: 281
    My most recent positive experience on the 10Club Forums was from a trade I completed for a poster I wanted. It wasn't a super rare one. The other person and I came to an agreement but then he made another trade in which he was getting a set of posters (including the one I was supposed to send). He ended up keeping up the bargain and we swapped posters. Very nice of him!
  • Options
    GR8DaneGR8Dane Posts: 957
    I have met a lot of my good friends at Pearl Jam shows. Now we stay in touch, and go to shows together. Makes for a great experience!
    Everybody made a movie....
    Everybody had a one line.....
    Everybody misses Andy....
    We'll be seeing him in no time.... Oh Yeah.....

We are Red, we are White, we are Danish Dynamite!
  • Options
    There are never enough positive vibes so thanks for sharing this. 8-) I didn't go to the show but I did strike out looking for this on RSD. The 10c is just a cool community and this thread is a perfect example. For me it would be my girl and I's trek to Pj20. We met a couple the night b4 on here and the next night drove up to Philly to pick them up. So the first time we actually met was when I'm helping him load their stuff in our truck. From there, we drove 15+ hrs straight thru the night with them to get to Pj20. Crazy I know, but it all worked out and by the end we were buddys. We still stay in touch and went to see Pj20 with them. :)
  • Options
    jm257212jm257212 Posts: 409
    Ok here's my story.. I while back I was given a copy of "from the basement in Seattle" book, the klausen art book. It was given to me by a board member.. So as I'm looking through , my son starts looking with me and pointing out what he likes.. He is 9 and started trying to draw and mimic some of the posters with limited success. Lol he started to really love the klausen pieces and asked if I had any.. I had a few but he really liked the Jesus Lizard evil monkey one.. We looked on the site and it was for sale.10$ Cool.. So my wife ordered it for his bday but it was delayed getting mailed.. After contacting brad and explaining it was gift, he got it out right away and told my wife he was sorry for the delay and that he made it up to my son?? When tube came we opened it up and brad had sent 5 posters for my son to start his collection .. All were signed and numbered and he even sent a bday greetings... He was soooo excited.. 2 are framed in his room right now and the note is framed next to them lol.. It all started with the kindness of a member and the good vibes just kept going.. My son has taken that book to school for art class and has become a huge poster fan.. Especially klausen.. Thanks for listening
    J
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,488
    jm257212 wrote:
    Ok here's my story.. I while back I was given a copy of "from the basement in Seattle" book, the klausen art book. It was given to me by a board member.. So as I'm looking through , my son starts looking with me and pointing out what he likes.. He is 9 and started trying to draw and mimic some of the posters with limited success. Lol he started to really love the klausen pieces and asked if I had any.. I had a few but he really liked the Jesus Lizard evil monkey one.. We looked on the site and it was for sale.10$ Cool.. So my wife ordered it for his bday but it was delayed getting mailed.. After contacting brad and explaining it was gift, he got it out right away and told my wife he was sorry for the delay and that he made it up to my son?? When tube came we opened it up and brad had sent 5 posters for my son to start his collection .. All were signed and numbered and he even sent a bday greetings... He was soooo excited.. 2 are framed in his room right now and the note is framed next to them lol.. It all started with the kindness of a member and the good vibes just kept going.. My son has taken that book to school for art class and has become a huge poster fan.. Especially klausen.. Thanks for listening
    J

Thats a pretty cool story :)
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    winner update bump.
    8-28-92 Harriet Island
    2-8-95 Adams Field House
    9-3-11 Alpine Valley
    9-6-13 Key Arena
    6-20-14 Milan
    6-22-14 Trieste
    11-28-15 Mexico City
  • Options
    iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,547
    sounds like you made a deserving choice :clap:
  • Options
    sounds like you made a deserving choice :clap:

Thanks man! One bottle of the red down and the next giveaway is officially underway!
    8-28-92 Harriet Island
    2-8-95 Adams Field House
    9-3-11 Alpine Valley
    9-6-13 Key Arena
    6-20-14 Milan
    6-22-14 Trieste
    11-28-15 Mexico City
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,168
    congrats to the winner..and most of all to VOLARE
    thanks
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    adusickadusick Posts: 1,371
    OH MAN just wanted to say thank you thank you so much VOLARE, I'm really glad that "tipsy me" decided to take that picture! And I see you're right back with another giveaway, good on ya man! Way to spread the good vibes. If it's any consolation to others, I read every other post and it makes me glad that there are so many kind hearted, good natured people around here, i'm grateful just to be part of it all. I promise to pay it forward, be it more giveaways, drawings, random goodies sent in trade packages, etc. Keep it goin! :)
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,304
    Congratulations to the winner! :D
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,488
    Congrats to the winner :-D :clap:
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,977
    Great!

But I have to mention, the top of the beverage in the photo says:

"ASS FROM A CAN"

:lol:
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    Great!

"ASS FROM A CAN"

Hahhaha...doesn't that make it taste even better?
    8-28-92 Harriet Island
    2-8-95 Adams Field House
    9-3-11 Alpine Valley
    9-6-13 Key Arena
    6-20-14 Milan
    6-22-14 Trieste
    11-28-15 Mexico City
  • Options
    adusickadusick Posts: 1,371
    VOLARE wrote:
    Great!

"ASS FROM A CAN"

Haha I made a personal bet with mysel that no one would notice that haha, oops. The can actually states "Beer for a glass, from a can.". If you get a chance to have some Surly, I highly recommend it!
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,977
    adusick wrote:
    VOLARE wrote:
    Great!

"ASS FROM A CAN"

Haha I made a personal bet with mysel that no one would notice that haha, oops. The can actually states "Beer for a glass, from a can.". If you get a chance to have some Surly, I highly recommend it!

Winner!
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    BrainOfMABrainOfMA Posts: 553
    Congrats to the winner!!!!! :D
    2013 : London, Buffalo