I Have No Words

2»

Comments

• SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,437
    It's been an up and down sort of week.

Went away with the unlost dogs last weekend. Got all the way up to Maine, and dropped my brand-new iPad in the parking lot. Glass down, on the pavement.

Saved the $39 cover. Broke the $800 tablet. It's still functional, if you don't mind lacerating yourself on the broken glass.

Checked in to the room. Realized I'd forgotten to pack dog food, socks and underwear.

Texted RKCNDY. Because, you know, she'd sympathize. Once she stopped laughing.

I'm still a little down about the iPad. I'd only had it for five weeks...

Get home today, find a package with familiar handwriting and RKCNDY's return address.

Open the package.

Oh my God oh my God oh my God oh my God. It's a Brad vinyl single, signed by the whole band. And... right on the cover... "To Trisha, love Stone."

Image-2.jpg

Also an Easy Street sticker.

There were shrieks, there was jumping up and down, there was general hysteria.

Quickly followed by a way-too-short 53-minute phone call to La Casa de RKCNDY.

I had to hear every detail. What was he like, what's his hair like now, how about his glasses, what was he wearing, what did he smell like? (Regarding the latter, she said, "I didn't leap over the table to smell him!" I told her that in the future, it's very important to have an olfactory memory. So she should at least lean forward and take a big sniff. I'm not sure she concurs.)

Regarding the "love, Stone" all I can say is that when they played Boston in May 2010, we shared a moment. I'm pretty sure he looked right at me. I don't care if I was in the 45th row, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

RKCNDY, I'd try to thank you but I really have no words. I do, however, have a face splitting grin going on right now.

You da best, my West Coast Sistah!!!

:thumbup: :clap::lol::clap: :thumbup:
    I stopped reading....
    Once you explained that you had no underwear......

Because....... How can the story get any better than that???
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • CareyCarey Posts: 2,361
    I love this story! Congrats unlost! (But sorry about the ipad, yikes)
    "Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Wipe with a clean, dry cloth and you should be all set.

ipsd.jpeg