Options

Pearl Jam to Perform at Midtown Music 2012

Comments

• Options
    Oh my, can´t believe tomorrow at this exact time I'll be in the airport taking a 12+hours flight from Santiago, Chile, to Atlanta. What a great way to start my vacations, I'm so happy and I can`t wait!! :lol:
  • Options
    PorchsitterPorchsitter Loganville, GA Posts: 1,069
    A few of us are going to be hanging out at the Taco Mac tomorrow night watching Football. If you wanna come hangout bring it!!! 8-)

You guys have fun tomorrow night. Wish I could be there. Watching the kids tomorrow night while my wife works. :)

Gonna try to make my way there Friday evening before heading to the Park. If I don't see you all, have a great weekend.
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
  • Options
    White DiscussionWhite Discussion Melissa Texas Posts: 2,812
    We need to hook up for a beer for sure my man, be in touch 8-)

[/quote]

You guys have fun tomorrow night. Wish I could be there. Watching the kids tomorrow night while my wife works. :)

Gonna try to make my way there Friday evening before heading to the Park. If I don't see you all, have a great weekend.[/quote]
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    I'm heading out in a little over 24 hours!!! :D
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    CathyDCathyD Nova Scotia, CANADA Posts: 57
    Our flight leaves in 9 hours.... 5:35am flight to Atlanta. SO PUMPED!!!!
  • Options
    A few of us are going to be hanging out at the Taco Mac tomorrow night watching Football. If you wanna come hangout bring it!!! 8-)
    R-Dub81 wrote:
    TitaLayssa wrote:

Tsk, tsk.... Guess I'll be seeing you at the stadium then. All about the U! :)

if you know of any early tailgates going on, let me know.

I will be there tomorrow
    Most people with low self-esteem have earned it.
  • Options
    Still looking for a hook up on any stickers/badge sets they may have for sale. I have a Liberty Bell MIA Festival sticker to trade in return and cash if you have to put out extra money. Pm me. Thanks

POP POP!
    POP POP!
  • Options
    R-Dub81R-Dub81 Posts: 374
    R-Dub81 wrote:
    TitaLayssa wrote:

Tsk, tsk.... Guess I'll be seeing you at the stadium then. All about the U! :)

if you know of any early tailgates going on, let me know.

I would, but I am going down to the game tomorrow. If you watch the pre game stuff, nfl network stopped by our tailgate trailer last weekend and took some video for their broadcast. Just look for the over full panthers bus with the field printed on the ceiling. Tailgate is open to anyone stopping by.
    "Some people think it makes a difference...I think it's the difference that makes it" 

340xxx
    03 - Mansfield 3
    04 - Asheville
    06 - Hartford
    08 - Columbia, MSG 1, MSG 2, Hartford
    10 - Kansas City, Hartford
    12 - Atlanta
    13 - Charlotte
    16 - Columbia
    18 - Boston 2
  • Options
    8 hours from now I'll be en route...

I'm so excited. This will be my second time seeing PJ, the first being the Columbus show from 2010.

I got "Oceans" as an opener that night, and an amazing show to boot. I'd known for years that Pearl Jam was my favorite band, but that night took it all to a new level. I finally broke down and joined the Ten Club not too long after.

I don't care what they open with, or even what the set is. For all the shows that have "Daughter", "Rearviewmirror", "Betterman", and some other more popular songs, I got none of them that night so for at least one fan they're welcome in Saturday night's set. But if I had to pick one song I'd like to hear , I'd probably go with "In My Tree".

Regardless, I'm just ready for a great show from PJ, Foos, Florence, Avetts, etc. I've seen 3/4 and they're all amazing live... I hear Florence is too.

Everyone, have safe travels. If I don't get to meet any of you, know that we're at least sharing the same memories. And if you see a dorky looking guy with a redneck Kentucky accent and a girl he obviously overachieved to get, it's more than likely me so come say hey.
    Columbus 2010 - Atlanta 2012 - Charlotte 2013
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,011
    Sanders.jpg
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    In 12 hours I'll be on the flight to ATL. :D
    For everyone heading out to Midtown and DeLuna...safe journeys.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    matt_ryan.jpg
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    Fellow Kentuckian here! We are leaving tomorrow (Friday) morning for ATL. I was also at the 2010 Columbus show! I hope you have a great time :) I'll be the one wearing the black Philly Spectrum PJ shirt and hubby will probably wear the white PJ shirt w/ the elephant on it.
    Joshoeuh wrote:
    8 hours from now I'll be en route...

I'm so excited. This will be my second time seeing PJ, the first being the Columbus show from 2010.

I got "Oceans" as an opener that night, and an amazing show to boot. I'd known for years that Pearl Jam was my favorite band, but that night took it all to a new level. I finally broke down and joined the Ten Club not too long after.

I don't care what they open with, or even what the set is. For all the shows that have "Daughter", "Rearviewmirror", "Betterman", and some other more popular songs, I got none of them that night so for at least one fan they're welcome in Saturday night's set. But if I had to pick one song I'd like to hear , I'd probably go with "In My Tree".

Regardless, I'm just ready for a great show from PJ, Foos, Florence, Avetts, etc. I've seen 3/4 and they're all amazing live... I hear Florence is too.

Everyone, have safe travels. If I don't get to meet any of you, know that we're at least sharing the same memories. And if you see a dorky looking guy with a redneck Kentucky accent and a girl he obviously overachieved to get, it's more than likely me so come say hey.
  • Options
    All football talk aside, what time is everyone planning to be in line? Camp the night before so that you're first in line to get up to the stage? While I'd love to get front row for PJ, is that really practical seeing as how they're closing the show? What if you have to pee and can't get back up there... :lol:

Also, any tailgating going on?

See you all there :)
  • Options
    R-Dub81R-Dub81 Posts: 374
    have to ask,

Any fellow Chivers going to Taco Mac for drinks? or the show in general?
    "Some people think it makes a difference...I think it's the difference that makes it" 

340xxx
    03 - Mansfield 3
    04 - Asheville
    06 - Hartford
    08 - Columbia, MSG 1, MSG 2, Hartford
    10 - Kansas City, Hartford
    12 - Atlanta
    13 - Charlotte
    16 - Columbia
    18 - Boston 2
  • Options
    YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    Weather forecast for Saturday:

High of 84 and mostly sunny with 0% chance of rain. Perfect.

Can't wait to see you all there.
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    NAISNAIS Posts: 69
    Looking like a perfect weather forecast for the weekend!

If any of you attending on Friday can scope out the VIP area to see how good a view of the stage we'll have from there, that would be very helpful! Based strictly on the map and some overhead pictures from last year, it doesn't appear that the view from the VIP area will be so great, at least not nearest the stage. At best, it looks like we'd have about 20% of stage view on Stone's side. I suppose that's still a decent trade-off for unlimited food and drink ;)
    98: Cleveland
    2k: Columbus, Seattle I
    03: Cleveland, Columbus
    04: Toledo
    06: Cleveland
    10: Cleveland, MSG II
    11: Alpine Valley PJ20 I and II
    12: Music Midtown Festival (Atlanta)
    13: Wrigley, Brooklyn II
    14: Cincy
  • Options
    SchmaktSchmakt Charlotte Posts: 207
    I've never seen PJ at a festival before b/c I freaking hate festivals... so I'm ignorant...

what's the poster situation here?
    Will there be one?
    More difficult to obtain at festivals?

See everyone in TWO DAYS!
    2003-04-15: Raleigh, NC
    2003-04-16: Charlotte, NC
    2004-10-06: Asheville, NC
    2006-05-30: Washington, DC
    2006-08-29: Arnhem, The Netherlands
    2006-12-02: Honolulu, Hawaii
    2012-06-26: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    2012-09-22: Atlanta, GA
    2013-10-30: Charlotte, NC
    2014-01-19: Gold Coast, Australia
    2014-06-28: Stockholm, Sweden
    2014-06-29: Oslo, Norway
    2016-04-18: Hampton, VA
    2016-04-20: Raleigh, NC
    2016-04-21: Columbia, SC
    2018-07-01: Prague, Czech Republic
    2018-07-03: Krakow, Poland
    2018-09-04: Boston, MA
    2020-07-15: Budapest, Hungary
    2020-07-17: Zurich, Switzerland
    2023-09-19: Austin, TX
  • Options
    YLed2 wrote:
    Can you all feel it? Three more days and it's starting to sink in now - I'm getting that feeling in the pit of my stomach that it's almost here!

3 FUCKIN DAYS!

I think we're all with you on this one! I haven't listened to anything but PJ during the last two months. Hahaha. I'm having a hard time not feeling giddy as I type this. Can't wait to see everyone there!
  • Options
    NewmanUSPS wrote:
    TitaLayssa wrote:
    Safe travels to all the folks driving and flying in for this event!

Thanks! Departure in T-Minus 19 hours......

Grazie! Departing in 23 hours :mrgreen:

My flight will land in Atlanta in 24 hours. Tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock....
  • Options
    YLed2 wrote:
    Anyone else starting to get that feeling of excitement in the pit of their stomach getting closer to Saturday, or am I the only one? :D

Can't fuckin wait for Saturday! Look forward to partying and rocking out with each of you!

I think we're all feeling the same thing. I got those butterflies going full-on. ;)
  • Options
    NatoCortes wrote:
    Oh my, can´t believe tomorrow at this exact time I'll be in the airport taking a 12+hours flight from Santiago, Chile, to Atlanta. What a great way to start my vacations, I'm so happy and I can`t wait!! :lol:

Que tengas un buen viaje! Un par de dias tarde, pero feliz 18! :D
  • Options
    My husband and I are coming from CT. Plane leaves in 24 hours. Can't wait much longer.
  • Options
    8006801957_55d8415023_m.jpg
    walked over to the park during my lunch hour, side by side stages looked ready, even without a ticket you should be able hear the show great from 10th street (where this iphone pic was taken)
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,011
    Schmakt wrote:
    I've never seen PJ at a festival before b/c I freaking hate festivals... so I'm ignorant...

what's the poster situation here?
    Will there be one?
    More difficult to obtain at festivals?

See everyone in TWO DAYS!
    I've only seen them at Roo. They sold two posters - one for PJ and one for the entire festival. I'm almost 100% the PJ wasnt for sale until the morning that PJ played. There were plenty for who ever wanted one
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    TitaLayssa wrote:
    NatoCortes wrote:

Que tengas un buen viaje! Un par de dias tarde, pero feliz 18! :D

Gracias, TiyaLayssa! =D

Heading to the airport in less than two hours. I'm SO HAPPY. And nervous. And then happy again xD (guess that ecstatic state of mind won't leave me until, lets see, next year, maybe? :lol: )
  • Options
    If this is anything like the old Music Midtown festivals from 10 years ago, you will have to wait in line for an hour just to hit a pisser. I'd recommend buying a catheter that you can strap to your inner thigh. I didn't go last year when Coldplay headlined, so I'm not sure if the new setup at Piedmont Park is any better. Hopefully the lines aren't long in VIP. For all visitors, be prepared to either hoof it or take a cab somewhere close to the park. You won't be able to park anywhere near there. But as long as you're hotel is in Midtown, you can walk (stumble).

Oh, and as a Yellow Jacket, I expect to put up 400 rushing yards on Miami.
  • Options
    I'm an RN and will be selling catheters to 10C members. Insertion is an additional charge. :lol:
    I think if I make it really close to the stage and have to pee, I will just piss in my pants. And I'm serious.
    gtwake360 wrote:
    If this is anything like the old Music Midtown festivals from 10 years ago, you will have to wait in line for an hour just to hit a pisser. I'd recommend buying a catheter that you can strap to your inner thigh. I didn't go last year when Coldplay headlined, so I'm not sure if the new setup at Piedmont Park is any better. Hopefully the lines aren't long in VIP. For all visitors, be prepared to either hoof it or take a cab somewhere close to the park. You won't be able to park anywhere near there. But as long as you're hotel is in Midtown, you can walk (stumble).

Oh, and as a Yellow Jacket, I expect to put up 400 rushing yards on Miami.
  • Options
    last festival for me was lolla 2007. not the best experience ive had at a show. got fairly close before and during kings of leon, but standing still for close to 5 hrs before the band even came on wore my ass out. no energy for the show. trying to avoid that this time! any ideas or gameplans out there friends??? just two of us coming from clt tom. kind of hard to hold a spot. could hardly hold your spot at the foos 2 wks ago at the fillmore and there was only 2000 people and we had a group of 6. just want to be prepared, anyone else?
    Its an art to live w/ pain
    96 charlotte
    98 raleigh,greenville
    00 charlotte,greensboro,atl
    03 charlotte,raleigh,atl
    04 ashville,kissimmee
    07 chicago
    08 columbia
    08 ev dc1&2
    09 ev atl night 1
    10 cleveland
    11 PJ20 1&2
    12 music midtown, EV jax 1&2
    13 Baltimore,charlottesville,charlotte,LA#2
    14 Denver
    16 Greenville, Columbia, Fenway#2
  • Options
    Made it to Taco Mac..... no music of any kind. No atmosphere. Going to hit an Irish pub next to us. Hey Lukinfan, the Mariott is across the street from us..... we are at the Westin Peachtree Plaza. Headed to the 75th floor to drink and get ready!!
    Most people with low self-esteem have earned it.