LG_PJLG_PJ Posts: 53
edited October 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
So I told you all I started watching 24 from the beginning a while back in the "what are you doing right now" thread. And wow, just great. Unfortunately school has cut in the way some but I am on season 4 at the moment. As of right now it is probably my favorite season. I almost glad I didnt watch the show while it was on t.v. because I find it nearly impossible to just sit down and watch one episode, I have to watch 3 or 4. So I was just starting this thread to see how many other 24 fans there are and if anyone else is doing what I have been doing? And I know someone is going to bring up the fact that this show is a few years old and someone will probably show the link to another thread to where I should have posted this but I am sorry I didnt have time to look threw hundreds of threads.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    LG_PJ wrote:
    So I told you all I started watching 24 from the beginning a while back in the "what are you doing right now" thread. And wow, just great. Unfortunately school has cut in the way some but I am on season 4 at the moment. As of right now it is probably my favorite season. I almost glad I didnt watch the show while it was on t.v. because I find it nearly impossible to just sit down and watch one episode, I have to watch 3 or 4. So I was just starting this thread to see how many other 24 fans there are and if anyone else is doing what I have been doing? And I know someone is going to bring up the fact that this show is a few years old and someone will probably show the link to another thread to where I should have posted this but I am sorry I didnt have time to look threw hundreds of threads.

Was a huge fan of 24. Watched every season as it aired. I have gone back and watched the first 2 seasons on DVD and it is so addicting. With that show especially, you get sucked in to at least 3-4 episodes each time you watch it. I will warn you, some of the later seasons get a little ridiculous, but the first 5-6 were pretty damn good.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    I liked it. Watched them after the fact on DVD.

After season 4 or 5 it goes downhill pretty quick IMO
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    MayDay10 wrote:
    I liked it. Watched them after the fact on DVD.

After season 4 or 5 it goes downhill pretty quick IMO
    I loved 24, but yeah...come season 5 it became "same ol same ol". Very predictable.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    Kiefer Sutherland...like/..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    I guess the 24 movie got delayed. Apparently Keifer and the studios haven't come to a deal yet.
    It would be cool to get some more 24. Not sure how a 2 hour movie would work out, but I'd def go!
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    mca47 wrote:
    I guess the 24 movie got delayed. Apparently Keifer and the studios haven't come to a deal yet.
    It would be cool to get some more 24. Not sure how a 2 hour movie would work out, but I'd def go!

Yeah, I saw that about the movie. I think they were supposed to film it this summer, btut it didn't work out. Hopefully next summer. They need to turn Jack Bauer into the next James Bond. Forget the whole 1 day thing....just use that character. But for fucks sake, can he please stop being a rogue agent?!?!?
    But for fucks sake, can he please stop being a rogue agent?!?!?

I know right?!?! :lol:

They should just be like "Jack, do whatever you want....now go get 'em!" :D
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I didn't like the show in the beginning...

JB loved it. I read my book during. It seemed contrite and somehow
    made me anxious, also predictable, which I am used to with most TV shows and movies.
    I guess the endings :lol: it can be annoying to watch with me.

But by season 3 I started peeking over the book and by the end I was a true fan.
    I enjoyed them showing it on the 25th Anniversary Fox show the other night.

Kiefer and the rest of the cast were great.

You have a ways to go...

Enjoy! :D
  • OMG totally loved it! But i did find myself trying to squeeze just one more episode in before bed and ended up going to bed at 4am. my biggest tip would be to stop an episode mid way through as they all end in cliff hangers :mrgreen:
    168dcfb.jpg
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    mca47 wrote:
    But for fucks sake, can he please stop being a rogue agent?!?!?

I know right?!?! :lol:

They should just be like "Jack, do whatever you want....now go get 'em!" :D

And can CTU stop hiring moles :lol:
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
    I had heard about the show's premise before the premiere (I remember reading online that the first episode was going to be edited due to it airing soon after 9/11..actually I think the premiere may have been a little bit later than originally scheduled if I remember correctly) I saw the first episode when it premiered on FOX and I was instantly hooked! Purchased the first 3 seasons on DVD as soon as those came out and would rewatch the previous season in anticipation of the next one. I stopped doing that after season 4. Some things did start to get stale after a while, but I still loved the show's ride. Season 6 was the only season I thought was truly awful and I didn't even get through it as it was airing. I actually liked season 5 quite a bit (The only season after 3 I bought on DVD) and the last 2 were okay. Still great fun if a little eye roll inducing at times ;) All the mole storylines got old, and you would think someone would start listening to Jack after a while :lol: I don't think there's been another show that has been as suspenseful, or even as addicting, as the first few seasons of 24.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • awesome!
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    so im watching the audience network on directv. they are playing a full season of 24. the one where debala and his crew of 12 people invade the white house. And god damn, I forgot how much I loved this show.
  • hgpjam11hgpjam11 Posts: 1,328
    I just started watching 24 in Dec, watching on Netflix every morning while I'm on the elliptical. I m into season 4 now, I love it. I think season 2 is my fav so far. But they need to screen CTU staff more closely - I'm pretty sure my company hires more carefully than they do. And Kim Bauer is nuts or stupid - I wouldn't trust her to walk my dog. Jack is badass.
    I win.
    I loved 24 so much. I also watched it from the beginning as it aired and have rewatched some of the seasons on Netflix/DVD. It did get kind of ridiculous, but it was always a fun ride. I think season 6 is the only one I really didn't like it.

I loved 24 so much. I also watched it from the beginning as it aired and have rewatched some of the seasons on Netflix/DVD. It did get kind of ridiculous, but it was always a fun ride. I think season 6 is the only one I really didn't like it.

I was a big 24 fan. Easy entertainment.
    The last 2-3 years were pretty bad. Watchable but over the top and super predictable.
    edited January 2014
    Yeah, I really don't remember the last 3 seasons very well compared to the others. It was pretty much a cartoon by that point, I think LOL I still enjoyed watching the last 2 seasons, but they weren't as good as the first 5.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    season is great
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Agreed,this season has gotten better and better.
    Go Birds!!!!