Moving to UK..what to do, what to do...

itsevolution..babyitsevolution..baby Posts: 59
edited April 2012 in Musicians and Gearheads
Ok, so I'm getting relocated to London in a month or so, and I was just starting to think about the fact that none of my electronics are going to work. I can deal with getting a new toaster and tv, but my amps are another story. The little research I've done says that basically even if I replace the transformer, it still will run hot due to the frequency difference 50 vs 60. I've got a custom shop bad cat, and a 92 matchless that I'd prefer not to blow up. Should I just put these things in storage and buy something to hold me over for the next few years? Everything seems so much more expensive there, but I expected it. Any suggestions would help.
What ain't a country I ever heard of. Do they speak English in what?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PapPap Posts: 28,823
    Sorry, I cannot help you with your question but I was a postgraduate student in London exactly a year ago and it was an amazing experience!:D London is a beautiful city. I may return this year for my PhD if I manage to get a scholarship. Have fun over there! And also don't forget to attend as many possible concerts as you can while you're there. And there going to be lots of them! ;):mrgreen:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
  • Put them in storage. Not worth cost and hassle of shipment if heavy.
    Wait till you get over here before you purchase new stuff, -find a good local guitar shop because you can get a good deal on second hand amps etc that will save you loads of cash. Enjoy - when are you moving?
  • That's kind of what I figured. It looks like I'll be there in mid-late June. I was hoping to be there in time to see PJ and soundgarden, but that looks to be false hope. I'll live I guess.
    What ain't a country I ever heard of. Do they speak English in what?
  • i would definitely store those amps. they are way too valuable to alter them in any way or risk blowing them up. it is gonna suck to go without them, but you will thank yourself years from now when you sell those bad boys for twice what you paid for them.

i am sure you can find a nice used marshall or orange over there for relatively cheap considering they are make over there.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • I may have a spare ticket for EV night 2 in London on 31/7 if youre interested. 7th row from stage. My girlfriend is not too keen on attending both nights so I if your interested I will let you know :)
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,414
    i would store them...without a doubt. best of luck to you in London!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com