Options

FOX'S 25TH Anniversary show!

pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
edited April 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
We laughed so hard last evening! What a compilation of great TV!

It was a fun walk down memory lane ...
all the years of our family sharing shows since the kids were toddlers.

The show pointed out how liberal and innovative Fox was in bringing a change to TV
with new and controversial shows
like Married With Children :mrgreen: Living Color etc.

The sports segment was also what a trip!

Hope others got to see this too ... if not maybe hulu :D
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    I saw it...didn't see anything on Parker Lewis Can't Lose...that was one of my fave shows.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    It was pretty good. Fox definately thought outside the box and took a gamble and it paid huge. I remember Leno and Letterman constantly ripping on Fox in the early days. They don't do it so much anymore. :lol:
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:
    I saw it...didn't see anything on Parker Lewis Can't Lose...that was one of my fave shows.

Thta was a good one. Do you remember Herman's Head?
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    DS1119 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

Barely, was 'Lisa Simpson' (the actress that does her voice) on it? "I have the urge to merge" :?

I remember a show about a bunny puppet...Eugene Levy...?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

Barely, was 'Lisa Simpson' (the actress that does her voice) on it?

That's the one. :lol:
  • Options
    Monster RainMonster Rain Posts: 1,415
    I didn't even know about it until right now. Hopefully it's on hulu so I can check it out. I remember when "The Simpsons" was just a short segment on "The Tracey Ullman Show" and the Sunday night lineup included "Sightings." That show always came on right before I took a shower and I used to make sure I locked the bathroom window so aliens couldn't abduct me while I was in there. :oops: :lol:
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    that sightings show used to scare the shit out of me
  • Options
    We just happened to find it last night... while grilling on the deck
    it really made the evening!
    no commercials or sneak peeks did we see leading up this past week

They did the X Files too that was cool, always a favorite
    and cast reunions I like those seeing the stars now.
  • Options
    Did you catch the Married With Children that launched the network? It was on at 7 followed by the original Simpsons (the Christmas where they picked up Number 8, errr.. Santa's Little Helper). You could see how MWC picked up the pace in later shows, but still a great episode. Whereas - other than, as my kids said - they look weird (Barney with blonde hair!!!) - The Simpsons hit its stride right out of the gate (and that includes the Tracey Ullman shorts).

Great shows.

I stopped watching at 9, as something else was on. But, it was definitely cool walk down memory lane. Also good that they did not shy away from their failures. Even poked fun at themselves (Did you catch the dig at Fox News?).

Well done. Fast paced. Seemed to hit all the right places (Why are people honoring a company for? :lol: ).
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    Did you catch the Married With Children that launched the network? It was on at 7 followed by the original Simpsons (the Christmas where they picked up Number 8, errr.. Santa's Little Helper). You could see how MWC picked up the pace in later shows, but still a great episode. Whereas - other than, as my kids said - they look weird (Barney with blonde hair!!!) - The Simpsons hit its stride right out of the gate (and that includes the Tracey Ullman shorts).

Great shows.

I stopped watching at 9, as something else was on. But, it was definitely cool walk down memory lane. Also good that they did not shy away from their failures. Even poked fun at themselves (Did you catch the dig at Fox News?).

Well done. Fast paced. Seemed to hit all the right places (Why are people honoring a company for? :lol: ).
    I was cooking so I missed a bit here and there. You missed the fast paced Sports part .. .
    I really liked that!
    The poke at Fox news... not sure I did catch that.

But now that you bring it up I was wondering last night...

Fox news is conservative, is what I have been told, so why then is FOX TV as liberal as it is
    with it's innovative history? They must be owned differently maybe?