Metta World Peace....

Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
edited April 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Always the thug.
Should change his name again to Metta Thug Dickhead Scumbag.
Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    Metta Thug Dickhead Scumbag.

:lol::lol::lol:
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    I realize that the NBA and basketball in general aren't really a "gentlemen's sport" per se, but he has absolutely no place in the league. Basketball is a sport that demands sportsmanship and I don't think Ron Artest has any. I think it might be of some validity to attribute some of the bad reputation of the league solely to Ron Artest.

First off, the chest pounding. Just my opinion, but showboating like that is a sign of weakness (again, just my opinion).

Then the elbow... fuck this guy. I refuse to call the guy "Metta World Peace". He's Ron-Malice at the Palace-Elbow to the head-promote my shitty ass rap album after winning a title-Artest. You can't run away from that name, no matter how hard you try.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Metta World Asshole

I've said it before, but he was the catalyst that killed a NBA franchise in a basketball loving state.
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Jason P wrote:
    Metta World Asshole

I've said it before, but he was the catalyst that killed a NBA franchise in a basketball loving state.

He has got to be one of, if not the catalyst for a lot of the bad wrap the NBA has experienced for nearly the past decade.

Between the Palace incident in Detroit and this, I don't see why this guy deserves another chance to act like a professional. Fuck him, the league doesn't need him. It's not like he's a superstar that brings in revenue for them anyway. The league is better off without him.

He's a strong dude. That elbow could've been a lot more dangerous than it turned out to be. Thankfully, Harden is a strong, and well conditioned person himself which probably helped taking the elbow.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    just saw the replay of this.....how the fuck is this guy still in the league?
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,727
    But this is awesome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvFye97AWLs

and the full interview just gets better.

This is also pretty fantastic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HxcU0xVXrA
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,874
    edited April 2012
    f that pos

that damn wheaties rant

this idiot is the reason MY celtics don't have another title... because he was too stupid to be nervous when taking a game breaking 3 pointer
    Post edited by PillowPants on
  • LiftedLifted Posts: 1,836
    i guess i'm in the minority. i'm a fan of artest. lets relax with the 'thug' talk. would people be calling him that if he weren't a giant black man? the guy plays with his heart and got carried away yesterday. yeah he should be punished, but i've seen much worse. by all accounts i've heard, artest is a good person. he just lets his emotions get the best of him sometimes.

without a doubt one of the best defenders in the nba, and has been for a while now.
  • marcosmarcos Posts: 2,112
    He is definitely an definitely a phony at the very least. It just seems like street punk behavior as usually with this guy but he's always appeared a bit mentally imbalanced throughout his career.
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    Lifted wrote:
    would people be calling him that if he weren't a giant black man?

Black, White, when a man do that it ain't right. :nono:
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,859
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

This is also pretty fantastic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HxcU0xVXrA

:lol::lol::lol: Holy crap, too funny. What's the politically correct way to say that he is mentally retarded?
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    or Meata head
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    funny headline I saw on CNN news: "NBA Suspends World Peace". I had no idea what that meant
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    He's fucking crazy. Plain and simple. Change your name, say that you've changed, whatever....crazy just doesn't go away.
  • markin ballmarkin ball Posts: 1,075
    My favorite Ron Artest fact nugget...he majored in math at St. Johns. :lol:
    "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ."

"With our thoughts we make the world"
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    My favorite Ron Artest fact nugget...he majored in math at St. Johns. :lol:

My personal favorite is that when he was on the Bulls, he tried to get a job at either Best Buy or Circuit City (I forget which one it was) so he could get the employee discount. :fp:
  • I like Ron Artest - I wish he hadnt elbowed that guy - but he plays rough -- he would have fit in perfect on the Knicks with Oakley and Starks or the Pistons with Bill Lambeir and Isiah Thomas. So what he beat some fans up like 8 years ago - i bet they havent thrown any water bottles at players since then. Most of the NBA are whiny floppers who get fouled and fall down like they are playing soccer --- i think the NBA needs at least one enforcer in the league, if not one on every team.