Options

Mansfield parking?

Bdog10Bdog10 Boca Posts: 471
edited June 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
Can someone please tell me where is the place to park at Mansfield. Went to the Tool show last year and it was a nightmare getting out. Almost 3 hours (reminded me of Randall's Island) So i heard VIP was the place to park. Is it worth it and where is it? Thanks
"I want to go...but I don't want to go alone...With you I could never feel alone..."

Randall's Island 96 and haven't stopped since...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Pats16Pats16 Posts: 174
    Bdog....def go to the premiere lot if you can swing it.
  • Options
    jaboodeyjaboodey Rochester, NH Posts: 90
    Ticketbastard has links to the "VIP" parking. This is inside the main area, follow the cones or whatever. This is $40 plus fees. Regular Parking inside is free, like you experienced I had a 4 hour wait in 2003. There's cheaper options outside the center, and if you like walking, no problem. I've used the VIP parking twice. Once I went to my car and literally drove out of the venue in like 10 minutes. The last time was for a REM show and that took about 1 hour to clear.

Depends on your funds. Saturday night, I'm opting for free as my duties on Sunday aren't until later in the day. Monday, going to be late night anyway....
    Rochester NY '94, E Rutherford NJ '98, MSG '98
    Jones Beach 2000, Mansfield 03, Camden 03, Hershey 03
    Boston VFC 04, Halifax 05
    Hartford 06, Boston 06, E Rutherford 06
    Mansfield I & II 08, Philly Spectrum -Halloween 09! Hartford '10
    Eddie -Boston 6/16/11, Worcester 2013, Amsterdam 6/16/14,
    Quebec City '16, Ottowa '16, Fenway Nights 1 & 2 2016
    London 1 2018, Fenway Nights 1 & 2 2018
    Got Id?
  • Options
    There is a house next door that rents parking spots. Last time I was up that way it was $20 a car. I plan on doing that tomorrow and Monday.
  • Options
    There are lots just outside the venue that charge $30.

You stay til the end and walk to your car and leave.

See you tomorrow.
    Having tasted, a life wasted....

....I'll probably only go back a couple more times.
  • Options
    zacman13245zacman13245 Posts: 294
    I'm parking as far away from the place as possible; I'd rather walk 20 minutes than wait 3 hours like my parents did for Uncle Bruce...
    I'm spinning, oh, I'm spinning

6/30/2008 - Mansfield, MA.
    5/17/2010 - Boston, MA
    9/3/2011 - East Troy, WI (PJ20)
    9/4/2011 - East Troy, WI (PJ20)
  • Options
    Bdog10Bdog10 Boca Posts: 471
    Thanks for the all the info. Id rather fork over a little change that sit in that mess
    "I want to go...but I don't want to go alone...With you I could never feel alone..."

Randall's Island 96 and haven't stopped since...
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,452
    Thanks for the head-up everyone. I know i want to get out of ther as soon as possible. I have a 5 hour drive home, and i'm gonna be getting home around 5:00 A.M. as it is. Just about time to hit the road, to get up ther.
  • Options
    jmd88pjjmd88pj Posts: 11
    jaboodey wrote:
    Ticketbastard has links to the "VIP" parking. This is inside the main area, follow the cones or whatever. This is $40 plus fees. Regular Parking inside is free, like you experienced I had a 4 hour wait in 2003. There's cheaper options outside the center, and if you like walking, no problem. I've used the VIP parking twice. Once I went to my car and literally drove out of the venue in like 10 minutes. The last time was for a REM show and that took about 1 hour to clear.

Just to confirm, parking is free in the non-premier venue lots? Also, if I go there early to pick up my tix, say around 2:30, will I be able to get in and out of there?

Thanks!
  • Options
    OatsdadOatsdad Posts: 72
    I booked to my car pretty quickly when the show ended. Made it to my car at 11:08 and was on the highway by 11:40. Maybe I got lucky, but it worked out fine for me in free parking...
  • Options
    pjjay89pjjay89 Posts: 19
    I had heard the horror stories and got Premier Parking for last nights show. Couldn't have been any easier getting out..show ended at 11pm. Stopped for a piss break on the way out to the car and still was back at the Providence airport by midnight.

From the minute we got to our car after the show we were on the highway doing 70 within 10 minutes.