chadwick mechanics a.k.a. crude mechanics 101

chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
edited April 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
anyone else a crude caveman when it comes to repair jobs? ever use duct tape to hold open/close your car windows? ever build a bed frame out of a raccoon and ant den? ever throw together a straw and a deck of card to create a gasket for your vavle covers that leak like a sieve?

ever stitch your very own nipple back together? yeah me either, but my brother had :mrgreen:

i just ripped the driver's inside door panel (with all the electrical switches (that are toast anyway) and fast arm rest) completely off the door. i twisted and i pulled and i bent and i cut the fuck out of my finger and the panel finally gave way and i tossed it into my back seat.

it had came undone from the door a longtime ago and had even been repaired correctly a time or two. this time i had been fuckin w/ it for the past week. i aint fuckin around any longer.

now i have a lincoln with a -door panel on the driver's side. now i'll have to tape up the wires from being shut in the door everytime i turn around.
for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
I am tired; my heart is
sick and sad. From where
the sun stands I will fight
no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    :lol:

i'm guessing it was an easy fix and you had some busted clips that you could have picked up at autozone. :lol:

congradulations....

it will make it easier to install that wall of speakers now
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    81 wrote:

i'm guessing it was an easy fix and you had some busted clips that you could have picked up at autozone. :lol:

congradulations....

it will make it easier to install that wall of speakers now
    correct several busted clips that had been installed and reinstalled several different times. i finally fixed it for good. one day soon i'll have to go to a salvage yard w/ a mechanically inclined friend. i bet a new panel is about $100

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    perhaps duct tape woudl have been the way to go. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    True stories

I fell out of a tree when I was a child and took a chunk of flesh out my knee.My dad was pissed at my stupidity and refused to take me to see a doctor as it was a weekend.He made me drink a glass of whiskey then stitched my knee with thread and a needle sterilized with more whiskey.
    Mum took me to the doctor on the Monday,when the doctor looked at dad's handy work he said he couldn't have done a better job himself and sent me home.I still have the scar.

My car only had one door that opened,everyone had to crawl through the back to get into it,I finally got it fixed when I knew it would fail it's MOT without having safer access and exit points. :lol:

My bed broke once,I couldn't afford a new one.I bound all the wooden slats together with heavy duty rope then put bricks under it to keep it up.
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
    stargirl69 wrote:
    True stories

I fell out of a tree when I was a child and took a chunk of flesh out my knee.My dad was pissed at my stupidity and refused to take me to see a doctor as it was a weekend.He made me drink a glass of whiskey then stitched my knee with thread and a needle sterilized with more whiskey.
    Mum took me to the doctor on the Monday,when the doctor looked at dad's handy work he said he couldn't have done a better job himself and sent me home.I still have the scar.

My car only had one door that opened,everyone had to crawl through the back to get into it,I finally got it fixed when I knew it would fail it's MOT without having safer access and exit points. :lol:

My bed broke once,I couldn't afford a new one.I bound all the wooden slats together with heavy duty rope then put bricks under it to keep it up.
    you are frickin fantastic and as tough as door nails. wow

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    anyone ever hang up a poster w/ overly large nails or screws?

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,891
    chadwick wrote:
    anyone ever hang up a poster w/ overly large nails or screws?
    nope, just duct tape all the way round. Its a bitch though if the first strip aint straight.

Note to self, hang those PJ posters when you get back home.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • PorchsitterPorchsitter Posts: 1,069
    Ha....put me down as one. My wife used to own a Jeep Liberty and, as with just about every Jeep Liberty, the rear window regulator went out on both the driver and the passenger side of the car. To keep the windows from falling down into the door, I took some window suction cup hooks for Christmas lights and placed them on the window to keep them from falling all the way down. It stayed that way for a few years before we finally sold the piece of shit.
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
    Ha....put me down as one. My wife used to own a Jeep Liberty and, as with just about every Jeep Liberty, the rear window regulator went out on both the driver and the passenger side of the car. To keep the windows from falling down into the door, I took some window suction cup hooks for Christmas lights and placed them on the window to keep them from falling all the way down. It stayed that way for a few years before we finally sold the piece of shit.
    love me some window suction cups acting as window savers

saving the glass from falling down into the door which can be retrieved with a needle nose pliers. i carry one in my car for such an event. it sucks big balls big time when that happens. the window has chips in it from such happenings

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    Tip. #74

The heels of women's shoes (chunkier heel, not stilettos) make much better hammers for driving nails into drywall than hammers do.

:mrgreen:
    eat hammers
    wear fingernails

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    i once made a tv antenna with a cell phone charger, a sewing pin, scotch tape and a wire clothes hanger
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    conman wrote:
    i once made a tv antenna with a cell phone charger, a sewing pin, scotch tape and a wire clothes hanger

Now that's some Macgyver shit right there.
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    DS1119 wrote:
    conman wrote:

Now that's some Macgyver shit right there.

it was when i lived in the barracks, i was bored out of mind one night and just started putting random shit together.. we only 2 channels though :lol:
    yes cavemen like women. to bad this search bar on here can't help a simple bastard like myself locate a certain thread. good goin search bar.

lastnight i brushed my teeth with my axe handle. it tasted like douglas fir and caramel mochas

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce