Shut down this high school of a cess pool

8181 Posts: 58,276
edited May 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
A Stevenson High School dean is being investigated for allegedly sending inappropriate text messages to a student, Lincolnshire police Chief Peter Kinsey has confirmed.

Police have examined the texts and forwarded information to the Lake County state's attorney's office for further review, the chief said, though he added there was no immediate indication of any criminal activity.

"If you were a parent or an adult, you would say it was inappropriate … that the conversation occurred between the staff member and the student. But it is nothing of a criminal nature," Kinsey said. "We said, 'Let's play it safe.' We are letting the state's attorney see if they think there is anything criminal."

Kinsey, who had not personally reviewed the text messages, confirmed they were allegedly sent by a dean. He said the texts did not meet the criminal definition of "sexting," and that no photographs were involved.

Stevenson spokesman Jim Conrey said school officials "are investigating an incident involving one of our employees, but since it is a personnel matter, we are not able to discuss any details."

The school board holds its regular board meeting Thursday night, beginning with a closed executive session at 7 p.m. Conrey said he did not know if the board planned to discuss the employee in question or take action during the public meeting.

The employee, when contacted by a WGN-TV reporter at home Wednesday, declined comment.

In February, Stevenson officials confiscated the cellphones of students to crack down on campus drug sales by using their text messages to identify others. The investigative technique raised questions among some legal experts and unnerved students who said they assumed texting to be private.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• shepshep Posts: 5,764

Kinsey, who had not personally reviewed the text messages, confirmed they were allegedly sent by a dean. He said the texts did not meet the criminal definition of "sexting," and that no photographs were involved.

wait a second...

There's a criminal definition of "sexting"??

I didn't realize that "sexting" was a word defined anywhere other than urbandiction... And now you're telling me there is a criminal definition?

where have I been? I've never even gotten a "sext"... :fp: ... I'm getting old...
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    shep wrote:

wait a second...

I didn't realize that "sexting" was a word defined anywhere other than urbandiction... And now you're telling me there is a criminal definition?

where have I been? I've never even gotten a "sext"... :fp: ... I'm getting old...

welcome to IL :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    shep wrote:

wait a second...

welcome to IL :lol:

Guess I'll have to remember not to send any "sexts" while I'm holidaying in chicago in august... :roll:
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
    shep wrote:
    Guess I'll have to remember not to send any "sexts" while I'm holidaying in chicago in august... :roll:

:lol:

fyi...if you are going to be here around the 18th of august.....and like baseball....there is a 10c road trip up to milwaukee to catch a game vs. the phillies. thread on the porch.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I blame the teachers.
  • dougfloyddougfloyd Posts: 2,580
    shep wrote:
    I've never even gotten a "sext"... :fp: ... I'm getting old...

This quote cracks me up :lol::lol:
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
    2024 - Noblesville, Wrigley
    81 wrote:
    shep wrote:

fyi...if you are going to be here around the 18th of august.....and like baseball....there is a 10c road trip up to milwaukee to catch a game vs. the phillies. thread on the porch.

coming up from the 1st to the 6th or 7th... me and a couple of my buddies have decided to do lollaplooza again this year... had a lot of fun last year... trying to turn it into an annual "men's retreat"...

so no go on the baseball... unfortunately I'm stuck with the Astro's for the summer :fp:
    dougfloyd wrote:
    shep wrote:
    I've never even gotten a "sext"... :fp: ... I'm getting old...

This quote cracks me up :lol::lol:

I'm glad someone finds it funny! I'm only turning 28 this year!
    8-)

have fun in grant park.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I'm surprised you haven't gotten on that one teacher's case...the Hooker dude who left his wife and kids for his 18 year old student, then she found out he had an affair with another 17 year old 10 years before her, and they broke up, and now are back together again...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    I'm surprised you haven't gotten on that one teacher's case...the Hooker dude who left his wife and kids for his 18 year old student, then she found out he had an affair with another 17 year old 10 years before her, and they broke up, and now are back together again...
    :crazy:
    Sure glad this sort of shit was happening at my high school. First you had little mexico going down with all the drug dealing, school confinscating phones from students to look for evidence, and now Dean of Student has to resign over texts.

wow.

:fp:

The Stevenson High School board voted Thursday night to accept the resignation of the dean of students after he was accused of sending inappropriate text messages to a student.

Paul Weil, who had been at the school since 1999 and the dean since 2008, submitted his resignation Wednesday, said school spokesman Jim Conrey.

Conrey called it a "very sad day" for Stevenson, in northwest suburban Lincolnshire. He said Weil had been a valuable member of the staff, but that student well being was the school's top priority.

"He's a good man, and it's an unfortunate way to end, and it should not overshadow all the good," Conrey said.

Lincolnshire police and the Lake County state's attorney's office are also investigating, but authorities have said there is no immediate indication that any crime occurred.

Conrey would not address the content of the alleged texts, other than to call them inappropriate. He said he didn't know how the texts came to the attention of school authorities. He said Weil, who could not immediately be reached for comment, has not been at school since the investigation was launched in recent days.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240
    there was a teacher at my high school who's wife left him cus he had sex with an 18 year old student
    we didn't have any of this shit in my high school. but it wasn't a cess pool :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    My high school was really boring. I continue to blame the teachers.
    Fla. Teacher Faces Dismissal Over 'Cone of Shame'

More Sharing ServicesShareShare on facebook_likeEmail Comment Print
    Text Size- / +ZEPHYRHILLS, Fla. May 10, 2012 (AP)

A Florida high school science teacher faces dismissal amid allegations that she used a "cone of shame" dog collar to discipline students.

Pasco County schools superintendent Heather Fiorentino has recommended firing 47-year-old Laurie Bailey-Cutkomp for putting a dog collar on at least eight of her ninth graders on two days in April.

The collar was reportedly the type used to prevent animals from licking themselves after surgery. "Cone of shame" is a reference to the animated film "Up," which Bailey-Cutkomp had previously shown to students.

Zephyrhills High administrators learned of the allegations after seeing the students' photos on Facebook. Parents tipped off the school.

She has requested a hearing before the School Board to appeal the superintendent's decision. A telephone message left for Bailey-Cutkomp by The Associated Press wasn't immediately returned.
    DS1119 wrote:
    Fla. Teacher Faces Dismissal Over 'Cone of Shame'

More Sharing ServicesShareShare on facebook_likeEmail Comment Print
    Text Size- / +ZEPHYRHILLS, Fla. May 10, 2012 (AP)

A Florida high school science teacher faces dismissal amid allegations that she used a "cone of shame" dog collar to discipline students.

Pasco County schools superintendent Heather Fiorentino has recommended firing 47-year-old Laurie Bailey-Cutkomp for putting a dog collar on at least eight of her ninth graders on two days in April.

The collar was reportedly the type used to prevent animals from licking themselves after surgery. "Cone of shame" is a reference to the animated film "Up," which Bailey-Cutkomp had previously shown to students.

Zephyrhills High administrators learned of the allegations after seeing the students' photos on Facebook. Parents tipped off the school.

She has requested a hearing before the School Board to appeal the superintendent's decision. A telephone message left for Bailey-Cutkomp by The Associated Press wasn't immediately returned.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    Ex-Berks Christian principal arrested in sex assault
    Officials say he acknowledged to others repeated contact with a 17-year-old female student

Jason A. Kahl
    Reading Eagle

Former Berks Christian School Principal Franklin A. Love, arrested in student sex scandal.
    The former principal of Berks Christian School was charged Monday with sexually assaulting a 17-year-old girl who was a student at the private school in Exeter Township.

Franklin A. Love, 39, of the first block of Newkirk Avenue, Cumru Township, was charged by Berks County detectives with institutional sexual assault, endangering the welfare of children and corrupting minors. He was arraigned before District Judge Phyllis J. Kowalski and waived a preliminary hearing. He remained free awaiting further court action.

Love's attorney, Jay Nigrini of Reading, said he had no comment after the arraignment.

Authorities said Love had sexual contact with the girl from November through April, when he was caught sending inappropriate text messages to her while she was in school. A classmate saw the text messages and alerted school authorities, who in turn alerted police.

The case was investigated by county Detective Trevor Ritter. He said Love and the girl said the sexual assaults occurred numerous times, beginning shortly after she turned 17. Investigators did not release her name.

Most of the assaults took place at the girl's house after her mother had fallen asleep, investigators said.

Shortly after the encounters came to light in mid-April, Love confessed to church officials and a close friend, authorities said.

Executive Pastor Joel Hughes of Exeter Bible Church, which operates the school at 926 Philadelphia Ave., said Love resigned a short time later. Hughes said the church and school were cooperating with authorities.

"The safety of children in our school is paramount," he said. "In any investigation with authorities involving our students we are fully cooperative."

Hughes said parents and students were informed of the matter last month when officials learned of it.

District Attorney John T. Adams said the case marks the first time a new state law outlining institutional sexual assault has been used in Berks.

The law went into effect in January and prohibits school employees from engaging in sexual affairs with students in secondary schools.

"We are going to do everything to protect our children, our students, who, because of their age, are vulnerable to people who work with them at a secondary school," Adams said. "It's just inappropriate for teachers or administrators or other school employees to be having sexual relationships with students in our secondary schools."

• PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,874
    can i sext myself??? is that legal??
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632

yes, but you will get hairy palms and it will make you go blind

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=159244
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg