How Your Death Can Make the World a Better Place

mydogmookieblaylockmydogmookieblaylock Posts: 2,996
edited April 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
http://living.msn.com/life-inspired/min ... 147#scpti2

Riley, 59, an avid environmentalist and entrepreneur, is the founder of ecoMemorial.org, an organization that offers people an alternative to traditional burial and an innovative way to create a memorial for themselves or their loved ones that will go on living long after they die, while also helping the environment and saving them money.

"Cemeteries are not ecologically sound," Riley says. "Most green and natural burial methods are based on the idea of minimizing the negative impact of human remains on the environment. We saw the chance to create a positive environmental impact that would benefit future generations."

cont.....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    http://living.msn.com/life-inspired/mind-body-connection/article?cp-documentid=33340147#scpti2

Riley, 59, an avid environmentalist and entrepreneur, is the founder of ecoMemorial.org, an organization that offers people an alternative to traditional burial and an innovative way to create a memorial for themselves or their loved ones that will go on living long after they die, while also helping the environment and saving them money.

"Cemeteries are not ecologically sound," Riley says. "Most green and natural burial methods are based on the idea of minimizing the negative impact of human remains on the environment. We saw the chance to create a positive environmental impact that would benefit future generations."

cont.....
    this is a nice idea and pretty

I have committed myself to a spot next to my father-in-law as others perhaps are also
    committed
    but maybe in time, new generations will like this alternative.
    Very positive for many reasons.
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Wait, what do they do with your body?
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553

Don't ask, don't tell.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107

Don't ask, don't tell.
    Yeah, I'll pass :lol:

I am looking for something more like this anyway...
    pyramids-of-giza-and-the-great-sphinx-landmark-1.jpg
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    the remains are cremated ...