Options

Does the Official PJ App work for Android?

ChazzChazz Somerset, UK Posts: 1,085
edited April 2012 in Technical Stuff and Help
or is it just for iPhone? I currently check the site sometimes using the app on my iPod Touch, but am thinking of getting an android phone - any info would be gratefully received

(disclaimer: sorry if this is a dumb question, but hey, you don't know if you don't ask, right? :oops: )
Dublin, Reading 06
London, Copenhagen 07
MSG 08
SBE, Manchester, London 09
Dublin, Belfast, London 10
Manchester, Berlin 12
Amsterdam, Milton Keynes 14
London 18
London 22
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    the website works fine on an android phone....

just like on a computer.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    As far as I know, there isn't a Pj app for Android and the Pj Stat Tracker app is still being devloped for it. That being said, I use 1 and don't have any issues getting on or navigating the site thru mine. It takes a little getting used to since the screen is smaller but most smart phones have pretty nice screens anyway. On top of that, I don't have any of the Apple user issues with sending Pm's, etc. The Pj app is pretty cool as I have access to an I-pod. Its good in a jam but to me its just a stripped down version with some nice features. If you get a nice Android you should be able to surf the entire site with no problem and I'm sure at some point they will drop the Pj app and StatTracker for Android. I would try to get 1 with a large screen and I love my slide out keypad. That way its not chewing into my screen space when I need to type something. Hope that helps.. :)
  • Options
    appieappie Posts: 1,441
    I am using an Samsung Galaxy Note with a nice 5.3 inch screen and the Pj site works with Android just like on a pc.Logging in and sending pm s also works fine and with that screensize you dont even have to pinch.. :D

A great device between a phone and tablet.. 8-)

Just checked and even pj radio works.. :D8-)
    Pearl Jam 4 live
    h8 2 w8 for concerts
  • Options
    ChazzChazz Somerset, UK Posts: 1,085
    Thanks for your responses - they've been very helpful :D
    Dublin, Reading 06
    London, Copenhagen 07
    MSG 08
    SBE, Manchester, London 09
    Dublin, Belfast, London 10
    Manchester, Berlin 12
    Amsterdam, Milton Keynes 14