94yr Old Billionaire to Wed

Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
edited April 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
http://shine.yahoo.com/vitality/94-old- ... 00363.html

94-year-old Billionaire Marries for Fifth Time. To Be Old, Rich and in Love

If you had almost five billion dollars, what would you do? For Karl Wlaschek, the answer is marry a lot.

Forbes is reporting via Vienna News that Austrian retail tycoon Wlaschek will wed for the fifth time at the ripe old age of 94. His bride-to-be, girlfriend Friederike 'Ricki' Schenk, won't reveal her age, but is likely a good three decades behind her groom. That means Wlaschek, a self-made mogul, has defied stereotypes by proposing to a woman who's closer to his age than the average Hef-to-twin-sisters ratio.

Still, the billionaire with the prolific marriage history is a plot-line we've seen over and over again. Revlon honcho Ron Perelman wed number five two years ago, shortly after the ink dried on his brutal divorce from actress Ellen Barkin. Larry Ellison and T. Boone Pickens are up to number four and the night is still young.

Five-timer Wlaschek earned his $4.7 billion dollar bank account by founding Billa, a European supermarket chain. He's since become one of the biggest real estate magnates in Austria. He announced his engagement at one of his own properties, a sprawling five star hotel in his native country, where he once played as a struggling young jazz pianist, back when the musical genre was in its infancy.

The groom met his future bride at a Vienna event a few years back, and soon realized somewhat touchingly or morbidly depending on your vantage point, that they'd both lost their last spouses on the very same day.

The couple's wedding is set to take place in a few days, according to Forbes (although some German gossip pages are saying the big day already happened this past Saturday).

The self-made Wlaschek already has four kids but still wants "another five or six children, at the very least." His bride laughed that comment off, saying "I am not so young any more."
My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    with all that money why doesnt he just hire a friendly prostitute?
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    The self-made Wlaschek already has four kids but still wants "another five or six children, at the very least." His bride laughed that comment off, saying "I am not so young any more."

I think his age is the more concerning in regards to creating children. The guy might kick the bucket in the act of.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • I was once a caretaker for a elderly gentleman.
    After 72 years of marriage, his wife divorced him when he was 93. :roll:
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    I was once a caretaker for a elderly gentleman.
    After 72 years of marriage, his wife divorced him when he was 93. :roll:

Everybody has their breaking point

:lol:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    http://shine.yahoo.com/vitality/94-old-billionaire-marries-fifth-time-old-rich-171900363.html

94-year-old Billionaire Marries for Fifth Time. To Be Old, Rich and in Love

If you had almost five billion dollars, what would you do? For Karl Wlaschek, the answer is marry a lot.

Forbes is reporting via Vienna News that Austrian retail tycoon Wlaschek will wed for the fifth time at the ripe old age of 94. His bride-to-be, girlfriend Friederike 'Ricki' Schenk, won't reveal her age, but is likely a good three decades behind her groom. That means Wlaschek, a self-made mogul, has defied stereotypes by proposing to a woman who's closer to his age than the average Hef-to-twin-sisters ratio.

Still, the billionaire with the prolific marriage history is a plot-line we've seen over and over again. Revlon honcho Ron Perelman wed number five two years ago, shortly after the ink dried on his brutal divorce from actress Ellen Barkin. Larry Ellison and T. Boone Pickens are up to number four and the night is still young.

Five-timer Wlaschek earned his $4.7 billion dollar bank account by founding Billa, a European supermarket chain. He's since become one of the biggest real estate magnates in Austria. He announced his engagement at one of his own properties, a sprawling five star hotel in his native country, where he once played as a struggling young jazz pianist, back when the musical genre was in its infancy.

The groom met his future bride at a Vienna event a few years back, and soon realized somewhat touchingly or morbidly depending on your vantage point, that they'd both lost their last spouses on the very same day.

The couple's wedding is set to take place in a few days, according to Forbes (although some German gossip pages are saying the big day already happened this past Saturday).

KBgvtOGwYj_id-hit-it-two-times.jpg
  • CareyCarey Posts: 2,361
    Really when you think about it, four wives in 94 years averages out to longer marriages than 50% of the people I know. Including myself {damnit} :evil:
    "Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Hef-to-twin-sisters ratio.

they're saying that like it's a bad thing! :? :P :lol:8-)
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    smart woman.