Keith Moon will not be at the 2012 Olympics

normnorm Posts: 31,146
edited April 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Organizers of the London Olympics approached the Who's manager to inquire about having Keith Moon play at an Olympics event despite the drummer being dead for nearly 34 years, the Sunday Times reports.

"I emailed back saying Keith now resides in Golders Green crematorium, having lived up to the Who's anthemic line 'I hope I die before I get old'," the band's longtime manager, Bill Curbishley, told the Times. "If they have a round table, some glasses and candles, we might contact him."

Moon died in 1978 at the age of 32 from an an accidental overdose of prescription pills. The Olympics organizers wanted the late drummer to take part in the Symphony of Rock, a celebration of British pop culture that will be part of the Games' closing ceremony on August 12th.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... z1sFRxO93G

:fp: :lol:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    heard that on the radio last week. :lol::lol: :fp: :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    norm wrote:
    Organizers of the London Olympics approached the Who's manager to inquire about having Keith Moon play at an Olympics event despite the drummer being dead for nearly 34 years, the Sunday Times reports.

"I emailed back saying Keith now resides in Golders Green crematorium, having lived up to the Who's anthemic line 'I hope I die before I get old'," the band's longtime manager, Bill Curbishley, told the Times. "If they have a round table, some glasses and candles, we might contact him."

Moon died in 1978 at the age of 32 from an an accidental overdose of prescription pills. The Olympics organizers wanted the late drummer to take part in the Symphony of Rock, a celebration of British pop culture that will be part of the Games' closing ceremony on August 12th.

:lol:
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    in high school, my buddy was a big bob marley fan...his girlfriend, who wasn't exactly the brightest bulb in the line, wanted to surprise him by getting him tickets to one of his concerts :lol:
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    norm wrote:
    in high school, my buddy was a big bob marley fan...his girlfriend, who wasn't exactly the brightest bulb in the line, wanted to surprise him by getting him tickets to one of his concerts :lol:
    did she get them?
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Lizard wrote:
    norm wrote:
    did she get them?

nope the show was sold out
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    :lol::lol::lol:
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    Breaking news: Keith Moon will NOT be at the Olympics :lol::lol:
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • perfectlefts14perfectlefts14 Posts: 2,023
    Now they are trying to get John Bonham.
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    norm wrote:

:crazy: :lol:
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    oh geez and i was sooo looking forward to seeing the old geezer bang those skins :mrgreen:
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • territamuterritamu Posts: 194
    Well, Tupac showed up at Coachella this weekend, so who's to say?!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

06/26/2011 - EV - Detroit, MI
    09/03 and 09/04/2011 PJ20 - Alpine Valley
    06/20 and 06/21/2012 - PJ - Manchester, UK
    11/13 and 11/16/2012 - EV - Houston, TX and Dallas, TX
    07/29/2013 - PJ - Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL

11/15/2013 - PJ - Dallas, TX
    11/16/2013 - PJ - Oklahoma City, OK
    10/03/2014 - PJ - St. Louis, MO
    10/08/2014 - PJ - Tulsa, OK
    10/12/2014 - PJ - ACL Festival, Austin, TX
  • BrainOfMABrainOfMA Posts: 553
    :fp: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    2013 : London, Buffalo
    norm wrote:

Apparently their second choice was Michael Hutchence :fp:
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
  • Monster RainMonster Rain Posts: 1,415
    I hate these pretentious self-centered asshole rock stars who think they can thumb their noses at the Olympics in their home country just because they're dead.
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I hate these pretentious self-centered asshole rock stars who think they can thumb their noses at the Olympics in their home country just because they're dead.

• afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    DS1119 wrote:

:lol::lol::lol:
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....