Seattle/ Olympia Washington

Fifi_IrelandFifi_Ireland Posts: 576
edited April 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Just wondering if theres anyone out there with tips on rock clubs or live music venues for these places. We are hitting lollapalooza in august and heading west after. going to be in seattle the monday & tuesday after lolla and olympia the following saturday so if there are regular venues for those nights or any cool place you can recommend to visit all info gratefully appreciated!
168dcfb.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    or any cool place you can recommend to visit

starbucks for sure. :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Just wondering if theres anyone out there with tips on rock clubs or live music venues for these places. We are hitting lollapalooza in august and heading west after. going to be in seattle the monday & tuesday after lolla and olympia the following saturday so if there are regular venues for those nights or any cool place you can recommend to visit all info gratefully appreciated!

the biggies would be the showbox, the crocodile, moore theater, triple door, paramount theater, neumos.

you could also try seeing if anything is planned at Key Arena. A short walk from that venue is the Experience Music Project a cool museum. they had on display when i went a smashed guitar from both kurt and jimi among other cool items. they had the remnants of that guitar jimi smashed at the Monterey Pop festival
  • Thanks a million :) that museum sounds cool!

Are all those clubs in seattle?

Starbucks.....I hate to say it but we have that in Ireland these days......that said I love the chai tea lattes :D
    168dcfb.jpg
  • Thanks a million :) that museum sounds cool!

Are all those clubs in seattle?

Starbucks.....I hate to say it but we have that in Ireland these days......that said I love the chai tea lattes :D

yes all those venues are in seattle. you could also take a trip to Easy Street Records. Sometimes they have shows, but you could just check out the record/cd's if there isnt. You also could have a chance of running into someone from PJ.
  • The 4th ave tavern in downtown Olympia has live music thurs, fri, sat. There's also le voyeur, and occasionally shows all over town.
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Awesome :) will definitely try and get in lots of this stuf :mrgreen:
    168dcfb.jpg
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Thanks a million :) that museum sounds cool!...

it is very cool. as a frank gehry fan i can tell you that the EMP building itself it just as fascinating as what is inside.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • oona leftoona left Posts: 1,677
    I'm actually going to Seattle for a couple days in June, and was planning on visiting the Experience Music Project.

It looks really interesting. I believe they have a Nirvana exhibit, but it only runs through later this month.

Now I want to go to Easy Street Records too! And the Showbox. And the Paramount. And the Moore Theater.
  • olympia is kind of cool as well. cool college town, neat stores and places to eat. not so much cool sightseeing, just more cool ambience and as i said, interesting places to walk in and eat. birthplace of alot of cool bands especially female rock bands.

in terms of sightseeing there, the one that comes to mind is Evergreen state college. not sure if seeing a college floats your boat, but its an interesting place. They dont have grades at the college, its very political and left wing, and it sounds like it very student based, the student decides what they want to do and study, much more so than a normal college.

i know kurt, and members of bikini kill, and sleater kinney all viewed olympia as very important
  • Yeah thats why we wanted to hit Olympia! Sounds like a really cool place!
    168dcfb.jpg
    oona left wrote:
    I'm actually going to Seattle for a couple days in June, and was planning on visiting the Experience Music Project.

It looks really interesting. I believe they have a Nirvana exhibit, but it only runs through later this month.

Now I want to go to Easy Street Records too! And the Showbox. And the Paramount. And the Moore Theater.

the nirvana exhibition runs til april NEXT year. it finishes april 22nd 2013
    . you still got loads of time. i saw it last october and i highly recommend it.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Fantastic news thanks :D
    168dcfb.jpg
    Fantastic news thanks :D

youre welcome.
    hear my name