Parental Advisory Stickers

DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
edited April 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
I would just like to thank Tipper Gore and the music industry for putting parental advisory stickers on albums starting in my childhood. It pointed out to me which ones I should buy. It was like a target! :lol:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    every single wasp and megadeth and twisted sister and reo speedwagon album i ever purchased had this sticker on it. barry manilow was the worst.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    chadwick wrote:
    every single wasp and megadeth and twisted sister and reo speedwagon album i ever purchased had this sticker on it. barry manilow was the worst.

Who's Barry Manlow :?:....BTW I did the very same thing. 8-)

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I used to have a T-shirt with a huge graphic of that sticker on it.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    I've never understood how they decide which albums need that sticker. I've bought plenty of albums with some "dirty" content that didn't have the sticker.

And how come some albums don't have the sticker, but printed on the artwork?
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
    g under p wrote:
    chadwick wrote:

Who's Barry Manlow :?:....BTW I did the very same thing. 8-)

Peace
    http://youtu.be/QHRi6nAZZWE

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I've never understood how they decide which albums need that sticker. I've bought plenty of albums with some "dirty" content that didn't have the sticker.

I remember as a kid peeling the sticker off an Andrew Dice Clay cassette and having my Mom by it for me. :lol:
    DS1119 wrote:

I remember as a kid peeling the sticker off an Andrew Dice Clay cassette and having my Mom by it for me. :lol:
    well played @ the young DS1119

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013

I think the guidelines were that if it depicted violence, sex, or contained any of the '7 dirty words' it got the label.
    Whatever, I spent so much money at the record store, they knew I was underage, but still sold me the albums. :lol:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • dougfloyddougfloyd Posts: 2,580
    chadwick wrote:

They should have made an advisory sticker warning people which albums sucked, that could have saved you from the barry manilow purchase.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
    2024 - Noblesville, Wrigley
  • perfectlefts14perfectlefts14 Posts: 2,023
    DS1119 wrote:
    I would just like to thank Tipper Gore and the music industry for putting parental advisory stickers on albums starting in my childhood. It pointed out to me which ones I should buy. It was like a target! :lol:
    And a big thank you to Dee Snider, John Denver, and Frank Zappa to standing up to that crazy bitch Tipper Gore!
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    I think more than half of my 500 or so CD's have this sticker.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    RKCNDY wrote:

I think the guidelines were that if it depicted violence, sex, or contained any of the '7 dirty words' it got the label.
    Whatever, I spent so much money at the record store, they knew I was underage, but still sold me the albums. :lol:

the 7 dirty words???? there were 7??
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    chadwick wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

well played @ the young DS1119

:shh: :thumbup: