Documentaries

124»

Comments

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 23,949
    Has anyone seen the documentary Dig! ? Dave Grohl mentioned it on a recent podcast interview and said it was one of the best ones he seen . About the rivarly between dandy warholes and brian jonestones massacre. I can't find ANYWHERE to watch it online
    Oh wow, The Dany Warhols!  Never knew they feuded w Brian Jonestown Mass.  I listened to the Dandys wayyy back in the early 90's and saw Jonestown twice in the last 5 years.

I will definitely check this out.

Thanks!!!
  • EarlWelshEarlWelsh Buffalo, NYPosts: 1,089
    We Jam Econo: The Story of the Minutemen
    Filmage (Descendents doc)
    The Devil and Daniel Johnston
    Turn It Around: The Story of East Bay Punk
  • PapPap Serres, GreecePosts: 22,266

Ooh, yeah! All right!
    Were [Pearl] jammin
    I wanna [Pearl] jam it wid you.
    Were [Pearl] jammin, [Pearl] jammin
    And I hope you like [Pearl] jammin too.

Sep 30, 2006 - OAKA Sports Hall - Athens, Greece
    Jul 11, 2014 - Milton Keynes Bowl - Milton Keynes, UK
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BCPosts: 48,061
    Watched the Queen + Adam Lambert doc on Netflix the other day. Nothing groundbreaking or anything, but pretty entertaining.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MNPosts: 1,850
    The Black Godfather on Netflix is great.
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 1,858

• ST66483ST66483 Posts: 382
    Thanks for the recommendation on Mistaken for Strangers.  I’ve never been a huge National fan, nothing against them, just didn’t know too much of their music, but this was an excellent doc.  I would recommend it for anyone whether you’re a fan of the band or not.
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 1,858
    ST66483 said:
    Thanks for the recommendation on Mistaken for Strangers.  I’ve never been a huge National fan, nothing against them, just didn’t know too much of their music, but this was an excellent doc.  I would recommend it for anyone whether you’re a fan of the band or not.

No problem. It is definitely one of the most unique rock docs that I've ever seen. It's a really brilliant idea.