Need Help (Funeral Pictures)

SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
edited April 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Hello. Weird question coming. My family is blowing up pictures to a poster size of my Mom. I have one I want to use that only have a jpef that a pulled from facebook. The problem with this I guess instead of having a memory card version is it gets heavily pixilated as it gets blown up? Any ideas what to do since I do not have the digital source. I am working with Fed/ex Kinkos.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    get the original or don't blow it up.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Yeah we deal a lot with photos in our publications at my job and if you don't have the original it's going to look pixilated. Sorry!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    Low resolution images will not look good when attempting to enlarge, especially to a poster size! My suggestion, if you don't have the original high res, is to keep the image small, or only enlarge to the point that it still is decent (probably not very big at all). You can resample low res images to a higher resolution, but it will get to a point that going large defeats the integrity of the image if you try to go too large. Try to get the originals if you can, or scan a printed photo to hi res to enlarge if that's an option.
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    go see a print shop person

i guess that's their title? i dont know

my brother drew then painted this picture using bright colors for black light use
    the print shop printed a copy into a huge poster
    it was so badass

good luck, sir
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce