Dog in a bag

8181 Posts: 58,276
edited April 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
http://www.toledoblade.com/local/2012/0 ... ppies.html

A-litter-of-puppies-and-their-mother.jpg

Authorities say a Toledo man made a crucial mistake when he allegedly tried to abandon a litter of puppies by stuffing them into a canvas suitcase and leaving them behind a city business.

He left the luggage tag with his contact information attached to the bag, officials said.

Gene Boros, a Toledo Area Humane Society cruelty officer, filed two counts of abandonment Tuesday against Howard Davis of East Hudson Street for leaving the bag and the puppies next to a trash bin behind 3442 Stickney Ave.

The bag of six English bulldog puppies — three males and three females — along with their mother was picked up April 4 by the Lucas County Dog Warden’s office.

The business is about a quarter mile from the home of Mr. Davis, who was in the process of moving when he was questioned at his home by Officer Boros last week.

Mr. Davis could not be reached for comment.

By time the dog warden’s personnel arrived on Stickney, passers-by had found the dogs and unzipped the bag to give them some air, said Julie Lyle, Lucas County dog warden. “But they said they had found the bag zipped with the mother dog standing next to it,” Ms. Lyle said.

The dog and puppies were transferred to the Humane Society on Thursday because the dog warden doesn’t handle abandonment cases, Ms. Lyle said.

“There are witnesses who said that the female is indeed Mr. Davis’ dog and that he had been trying to sell puppies,” said John Dinon, executive director of the Toledo Area Humane Society.

Mr. Davis said he had not abandoned the dogs and had given them to someone in Michigan, Mr. Dinon said.

Mr. Davis was to be charged with two counts — one for the adult dog and the other for the puppies — of either first-degree or second-degree misdemeanor abandonment.

It was unclear Tuesday the level of offenses for which Mr. Davis would be charged.

First-degree misdemeanor abandonment carries a maximum of six months in jail and a $1,000 fine; second-degree misdemeanors carry up to 90 days in jail and a $750 maximum fine.

Mr. Davis will be issued a citation and given a court date, but he was not arrested, said Mr. Dinon.

The mother, now named Maddie, and the pups are doing well at the Humane Society.

They will be going to a foster home by the end of the week. They won’t be available for adoption for at least four weeks, officials said, but because they are part of a cruelty case, that time might be extended.
81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Those crimes listed carry much stiffer penalties in my book. What an ass hole. I'll foster those dogs. :D
  • Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,192
    If your gonna be an asshole be a smart asshole...luggage tag had all his info on it...REALLY??

What a douche!! I'll foster with ya Monkeewrench!!
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    :shock: :evil:

F-heads who would do these sorts of things make me so angry. I agree with monkeewrench that penalties for these types of abuse cases against helpless animals are not nearly strong enough for such d-bags.
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    I can't believe someone would do such a horrible thing.... so glad the dogs are ok.
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    had one for 13 years..hard to believe someone would dump english bulldogs

and a real brainiac at that....name tag on the bag...doh :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • NamiNami Posts: 5,995
    What a rat fuck.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    I'd like to bash this fucker's head in with a mallet.
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I won't say what I would like to do to Mr. Davis...it's not very nice.

Glad the dogs are ok, but as it has been said before, there need to be stiffer penalties for cases like this. Aren't there studies that say when children are cruel to animals, they have higher instances of being murderers?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    I truly hope the bastard fries in hell. He doesn't deserve to have an animal. I will never freaking understand why people don't spay or neuter their pets, and I hate stories like this with a passion (not to mention the lowlife losers who do it).

oh, and I would like to add: f*cking piece of shit.
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    I'm not a dog person, but they are cute as a button.

I don't understand how anyone can be so cruel.
  • dr0ptheleashdr0ptheleash Posts: 1,264
    How could anyone do that? Those doggies are so cute :( It surely cannot be that impossible to make arrangements for them, anything is better than leaving them in a bag on a bus.
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    I thought this thread was going to be about take out food. now I am sad :(
  • Forget fines or jail, maybe someone should put him in a closed bag with his mother beside it. See how they like it. :(

Makes me sick
    Toronto 06-28-2003
    09-19-2005
    05-09-2006
    09-11-2011
    London 07-16-2013
    Ottawa 05-08-2016
    record.gif
  • Bronx BombersBronx Bombers Posts: 2,208
    Seems to be a epidemic out there, anyone catch this article about the stray issue in Detroit?

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/new ... p_mobi=yes
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    :( :evil:
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    douchebaggery at it's finest
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Odd. For some reason I'm slightly turned on. :? :lol:

In all seriousness, these kinds of stories make me sick.

I think this ratfuck should be locked in a bag and left somewhere. Leave it up to chance if someone rescues him or not. Let the punishment fit the crime I say.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,269
    the wolf wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Odd. For some reason I'm slightly turned on. :? :lol:

In all seriousness, these kinds of stories make me sick.

I think this ratfuck should be locked in a bag and left somewhere. Leave it up to chance if someone rescues him or not. Let the punishment fit the crime I say.

Left zipped up in a bag somewhere where they're going to infill a load of cement?

People like that are a complete waste of oxygen.
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • the punishment to this kind of people must be more severe...

watch this http://www.earthlings.com/
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    ilockyer wrote:
    Left zipped up in a bag somewhere where they're going to infill a load of cement?

People like that are a complete waste of oxygen.
  • the punishment to this kind of people must be more severe...

OMG. I don't think I've ever been more disturbed by anything in my life than what I just saw in that trailer, which I couldn't finish. Ignorance truly is bliss.
    the punishment to this kind of people must be more severe...

OMG. I don't think I've ever been more disturbed by anything in my life than what I just saw in that trailer, which I couldn't finish. Ignorance truly is bliss.

+1 man.... :cry:
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    cesspool
    I agree this documentary is a must see and I encourage everyone to watch this free on their website. Its not easy to watch but it will be one of the most powerful films you will ever see.

• pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    A-litter-of-puppies-and-their-mother-1.jpgMama looks so sad :(

hopefully their lives will be happy from now on
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,802
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • Nami wrote:

+1 man.... :cry:
    I agree this documentary is a must see and I encourage everyone to watch this free on their website. Its not easy to watch but it will be one of the most powerful films you will ever see.

the first 45 minutes were really tough, I never cried that much watching a movie...

Fast food nation is cool, is quite related, not a great movie but interesting topic, and Food Inc. is a must... I don't endorse vegetarianism, or veganism, but I cut down the amount of chicken and meat I eat weekly, and we should be aware of the treatment any animal receive, expecially the ones we eat...
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

the first 45 minutes were really tough, I never cried that much watching a movie...

Fast food nation is cool, is quite related, not a great movie but interesting topic, and Food Inc. is a must... I don't endorse vegetarianism, or veganism, but I cut down the amount of chicken and meat I eat weekly, and we should be aware of the treatment any animal receive, expecially the ones we eat...

Totally agree the 1st half of the movie was so hard to watch, the dog being thrown in the garbage truck in Turkey just ripped my fucking heart out. I still eat seafood but have moved towards a plant based diet with everything else since watching this film. I had already given up red meat a year before but immediately cut out dairy and poultry after watching this as it was that life changing for me. I don't miss it and definitely feel much healthier since doing it.

Totally agree the 1st half of the movie was so hard to watch, the dog being thrown in the garbage truck in Turkey just ripped my fucking heart out. I still eat seafood but have moved towards a plant based diet with everything else since watching this film. I had already given up red meat a year before but immediately cut out dairy and poultry after watching this as it was that life changing for me. I don't miss it and definitely feel much healthier since doing it.

I watched the trailer first and then the first section of the movie before shutting down and leaving for home- up to 40mins, yesterday from work. The images have been in my mind since then... i cannot let it go. I was up late last night thinking about what i saw. I don't know how too express myself on how i am feeling to my family, friends, and even myself. i am in a state of shock. this is life changing and sad on so many levels. I want to say thank you Javis but at the same time i wish i never seen that at all.
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    That is just fucked :twisted: That poor momma dog with her puppies stuck inside that bag. Makes my heart break. So glad people found them. They are so adorable. I hate people.
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"