Atlanta Braves
    North Carolina Tar Heels - basketball
    Duke Blue Devils - basketball
    and
    The NBA
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    DS1119 wrote:

So a team needs to be good to be hated, but if a fan likes a particuliar team because they are good they are ar
    dude anyone thats hates the islanders is either a rags fans or just has hate for northeast sports teams as monster rain does. The isles suck so bad even the remaining few thousand die-hards laugh at the joke of a team and really won't care all that much if the team moves.I have no desire to go too a isles game and that's coming from someone who went to a ton of isles games as a kid and my dad was a season ticket holder for 6 years.
    DS1119 wrote:

Would all of the older Yankee fans be arrogant as well only becasue of the team's success in the 20's, 30's, 40's 50's, and 60's?
    nope they wouldn't be cause they aren't classless and have respect for a mets fan. They make talk shit but least they aren't arrogant. you continue to be a apologists for the under 30 fanbase all you want and ill continue to live in reality :rolleyes:.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    Dallas Cowboys
    LA Dodgers
    Boston Red Sox
    LA Lakers
    NY Giants
    Seattle Seahawks
    NY Jets (or Tebow)
    Montreal Canadiens
    Anaheim/So Cal/Orange County/Not Really LA Angels
    Miami Heat
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,256
    In no particular order...

Green Bay Packers
    St. Louis Cardinals
    Detroit Redwings
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Wisconsin Badgers
    New York Yankees
    Chicago White Sox
    Vancouver Canucks
    LA Lakers
    Miami Heat (this one is pretty new)
  • Options
    Monster RainMonster Rain Posts: 1,415
    DS1119 wrote:

So a team needs to be good to be hated, but if a fan likes a particuliar team because they are good they are ar
    dude anyone thats hates the islanders is either a rags fans or just has hate for northeast sports teams as monster rain does. The isles suck so bad even the remaining few thousand die-hards laugh at the joke of a team and really won't care all that much if the team moves.I have no desire to go too a isles game and that's coming from someone who went to a ton of isles games as a kid and my dad was a season ticket holder for 6 years.
    DS1119 wrote:

Would all of the older Yankee fans be arrogant as well only becasue of the team's success in the 20's, 30's, 40's 50's, and 60's?
    nope they wouldn't be cause they aren't classless and have respect for a mets fan. They make talk shit but least they aren't arrogant. you continue to be a apologists for the under 30 fanbase all you want and ill continue to live in reality :rolleyes:.

I don't hate all northeast sports teams. I'm a Yankees and Devils fan. I hate the other teams because they are either divisional or geographical rivals (or both). The Isles may be a sad sack team, but they still have obnoxious fans around here. The biggest hockey fan I know is an Isles fan and when we were younger the team wasn't the pathetic mess it is now. When I was younger, the Devils were the team other fans laughed at and I refuse to show Islander fans any sympathy. I do admire them for sticking with their team, though. I'm sure they'll make the playoffs again someday, but most fans (of any team) tend to be fair-weather fans so the ones who stick it out through historically awful eras deserve a little respect--but I'm still going to hate the team and the fans who think they have some sort of bragging rights when their team wins a regular-season game against a team headed for the playoffs.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    Flagg wrote:

I think I have pretty valid reasons to hate these teams, unlike some others who just hate to be haters. There is really no reason for someone from Missouri to hate the Cowboys for example.

Well, the Cowboys had the dynasty in the 90's which usually turns many people against them. They also are "featured" on National Broadcast way too much. Self-annointed "America's Team". And Jerry Jones is a botox injected, liposuctioned, ego-driven, greedy sack of shit...
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    Good point monster and I agree and I think its pathetic and sad fans are like that and yes I am guilty as ever of that being a hopeless isles fan. Got a rope? Lol
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    New York Yankees
    Philadelphia Flyers
    New Jersey Devils
    New England Patriots
    New York Jets
    Dallas Cowboys
    North Carolina Tarheels
    Notre Dame Fighting Irish
    Miami Heat
    L.A. Lakers
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    DS1119 wrote:

DS1119 wrote:

I know a lot of older and younger Yankee fans that hate the Mets and they're not classless or arrogant. :?
  • Options
    shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,178
    The Stupid Cubs
    The deer fucking Packers
    The God damn Vikings and their stupid horn they blow every first down.
    The HEAT. Put the whole city of Miami on this list as they night be the worst sports city fan wise in the country.
    Notre Dame there kind of like tolerable Cub fans.
    The Twins. They might have been #2 but since they moved to an outside park it makes them some what tolerable.
    The Knicks
    Detroit Tigers
    Lions
    Redskins as they ruined the Bears from having at least one more Super Bowl after 1985. I still hold a grudge.
  • Options
    BandogBandog Posts: 44
    How can anyone hate Duke? High level academics and their kids graduate. They are great for college sports.
  • Options
    cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    MayDay10 wrote:
    And Jerry Jones is a botox injected, liposuctioned, ego-driven, greedy sack of shit...

Is that nice to call a very successful businessman? Maybe I shouldn't strive so hard to be one if that's what they are called these days ;)

My list(in no particluar order):

NY Giants
    Philadelphia Eagles
    Washington Redskins
    Boston Celtics
    LA Lakers
    Duke basketball
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,304
    You guys realize you are arguing about loving & hating sports teams :fp: :fp: ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    GREAT THREAD!!

I hate basically every team that isn't the ones I root for, Cubs, Packers, and Wisconsin Badgers, but here we go.

1. Ohio State - this won't come to many around here's surprise. The most arrogant, loud mouth, we can do no wrong, we don't deserve any penalties for anything fan base I've ever seen.
    2. White Sox - you are little brother and always will be little brother, so just accept it. You do have a championship unlike the cubs so I'll tip my cap to you on that, but your constant obsession with the Cubs is ridiculous.
    3. Yankees - arrogance, sense of entitlement
    4. Bears - all you have is 1985, that's it, the most boring offense year to year because they haven't had a decent NFL qb in forever, the fact that the Packers won the NFC championship 2 years ago means bragging rights for LIFE!!
    5. Lakers - Kobe should be rotting away in a jail cell, and how many of their fans will be going to Clippers games once Kobe retires?
    6. Cardinals - thank god LaRussa is gone, the face of the steroid era for managers, and the biggest dickhead of a manager ever, thinking he is MLB's police
    7. Brewers - again, you will always be little brother, Cubs fans are gonna come to your park so just deal with it, and 1 decent year every 30 does not make you relevant, also the drunkest fan base in sports by far, their parking lot has more people in it during the 1st and 2nd innings then the stadium
    8. Florida State - Bobby Bowden is just bitch, who's first championship was a sympathy one, ND and FSU had the same record and ND beat FSU, no logical reason for FSU to have won the national championship
    9. Cowboys - America's team MY ASS
    10. Cubs - yeah I root for them, so I actually should hate them. The only people that should are their own fans. If you aren't a fan of theirs, you should love them, cause they never fucking win anything.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    Bandog wrote:
    How can anyone hate Duke? High level academics and their kids graduate. They are great for college sports.

...WHY, because it's DUKE and I was accepted to attend school there. i can't stand the school period and that's the way it is.

peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    Bandog wrote:

It's pretty easy. Krzyzewski' whiny drawl, the preppy douches they get to play for them, ESPN spoogin all over everything they do and consistently overrating them.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    You guys realize you are arguing about loving & hating sports teams :fp: :fp: ...

:lol:

i was going to start a thread "Your top ten sports teams that you are most indifferent about"
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,874
    I only really hate seven teams:

1. Dallas Cowboys
    2. Philadelphia Eagles
    3. New York Rangers
    4. New York Yankees
    5. Philadelphia Phillies
    6. New England Patriots
    7. Pittsburgh Steelers

1-5 are rivals of my favorite teams.
    6-7 I just cant stand the players and coaches.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,874

My list(in no particluar order):

World Champion NY Giants
    Philadelphia Eagles
    Washington Redskins
    Boston Celtics
    LA Lakers
    Duke basketball

Fixed 8-)
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    Stardog3..Stardog3.. Posts: 1,527
    Yeah, and the Hawks from the Mighty Ducks movie. Smug fucks.

:lol::lol::lol:

Michigan Wolverines
    Pittsburgh Steelers
    Miami Heat

Other than that...I can deal.
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    1) Pittsburgh Steelers
    2) Boston Red Sox
    3) Notre Dame
    4) Pittsburgh Penguins
    5) Los Angeles Lakers
    6) Washington Redskins
    7) Auburn University
    8) New England/Hartford Whalers-Carolina Hurricanes
    9) University of Tennessee
    10) Boston Bruins
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Flagg wrote:

I think I have pretty valid reasons to hate these teams, unlike some others who just hate to be haters. There is really no reason for someone from Missouri to hate the Cowboys for example.

Well, the Cowboys had the dynasty in the 90's which usually turns many people against them. They also are "featured" on National Broadcast way too much. Self-annointed "America's Team". And Jerry Jones is a botox injected, liposuctioned, ego-driven, greedy sack of shit...
    NFL Films coined the "America's Team" phrase...not the Cowboys themselves. :ugeek:
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    PorchsitterPorchsitter Loganville, GA Posts: 1,069

Old ones:
    Atlanta Braves when they won the division every year and then choked in playoffs (reminds me of another baseball team nowadays :roll: )

Can't blame you there. As a Braves fan, there were many days in October that I hated those teams.
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
  • Options
    pureoc wrote:
    1. Ohio State - this won't come to many around here's surprise. The most arrogant, loud mouth, we can do no wrong, we don't deserve any penalties for anything fan base I've ever seen.

:roll:

I accredit it to the tradition and excellence.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Stardog3.. wrote:
    pureoc wrote:

i see you have met pureoc....

81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I'm adding to my list.

Washington Generals

intro_globetrotters.jpg

Thunder Bay Bombers

jyb20_racki_hockey_jersey_youngblood_movie_450.jpg

Syracuse Bull Dogs

slapshot-drhook-mccracken2.jpg

The guards prison football team from Sleepers

sleepers-free_3.jpg

New York Yankees (but only from the movies Major League and For The Love Of The Game)

clu.jpg

for_love_of_the_game_display_image_display_image.jpg?1311559858
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    Stardog3.. wrote:
    pureoc wrote:

i see you have met pureoc....

Yep just now.

People are REALLY going to hate Ohio State after they get a look at Urban Meyer's calf muscles. Total DILF. I'd be jealous too. :lol:
  • Options
    madtowndavemadtowndave Minneapolis, MN Posts: 4,012
    1. Detroit Red Wings
    2. Atlanta Braves
    3. New York Yankees
    4. Dallas Cowboys
    5. Ohio State
    6. University of Florida
    7. Chicago Bulls
    8. Philadelphia Eagles
    9. University of Michigan
    10. San Jose Sharks
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • Options
    tumblr_lfy59f6IdJ1qznfdeo1_500.jpg

Dicks. I actually met one of the actors in L.A. He was extremely arrogant. I had to remind him that they lost in the shoot-out. What a punk.
  • Options
    drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    1. Detroit Redwings (Todd Bertuzzi can burn in the deepest layer of Hell.)
    2. Dallas Cowboys
    3. San Jose Sharks
    4. Anaheim Ducks
    5. NY Rangers
    6. Miami Heat
    7. LA Lakers
    8. San Antonio Spurs
    9. LA Kings
    10. Edmonton Oilers
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"