**Official PJ @ Tweeter Center RV Tailgate Pre-Game Party Thread**

Comments

• fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    PhillyPJ wrote:
    I will be drinking soda and WAWA iced tea @ the Camden tailgate. NO alcohol for me. Thanks.

???????????????????

Did you destroy your cell or something?
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • More CoffeeMore Coffee Posts: 600
    PhillyPJ wrote:
    I'm officialy going to quit drinking as of today.
    I will be drinking soda and WAWA iced tea @ the Camden tailgate. NO alcohol for me.

What the Hell is going on here?
    What the Hell?
    support The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
    http://giving.chop.edu/site/PageServer?pagename=give_GiveTheGift
  • PhillyPJPhillyPJ Posts: 1,266
    fanch75 wrote:
    ???????????????????

Did you destroy your cell or something?

FANCH it's true. I honestly think I am done. I'm retiring from drinking, effective today, Saturday March 18th 2006. I'm walking away in my prime. Not many people can do that. Only the great ones are able to accomplish it.

I don't want to hang around like Jerry Rice and try to play in the NFL when I'm washed up. He didn't look right in a Seahawks or Broncos uniform. Now he is on Dancing with the Stars. He was an NFL legend, now he's a joke.

I don't want to wind up like Michael Jordan when he tried to play a couple more years in the NBA for the WASHINGTON Wizards. He was a shell of his former self.

John Elway went out on top winning 2 Super Bowls. Barry Sanders retired when he was still able to lead the NFL in rushing. David Robinson retired after the Spurs won the NBA Title. Jerome BETTIS won a Super Bowl with Pittsburgh then retired on National TV.

Lance Armstrong won 8 consective Tour De Frances, banged Sheryl Crow then retired. Why? Because there was nothing left to accomplish.

What else is their left to accomplish? Honestly. I have consumed alcohol in all of the great US cities, Las Vegas, Philly, NYC, New Orleans, Ocean City, MARYLAND. I have sampled almost every beer Domestic and Imported at least once. Jello shots, Jager, Goldschlager, Rumplemintz, Bacardi 151, Jim Beam, Johnny Walker, Jack Daniels, Old Grand Dad, Captain Morgan, Grey Goose, Absolut, Kamikazie, Soco and Lime, Red-Headed sluts, 4 Horsemen, Natty Light, Coors Light, Bud and Bud Light, MGD, Miller Light, Rolling Rock and Rolling Rock Light, YUENGLING, Heineken, PBR, Schlitz, Sierra Nevada, Fat Tire, Sam Adams, Sam Adams Light, Michelob, O'Douls, Harp, Bass, Guiness, Smithwicks, Honey Brown, Crazy Horse, Olde English 800, Victory, Red Bell, Red BULL and vodka, John Harvards, Sly Fox and everything else.

What is left? There are no hills left to climb, or records to break. I've been to the motherfucking mountaintop and back.

In the words of the late, great, Lou Gehrig.

"Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the earth."
    Well, hey, what is there to say to that? Another upside is that you'll remember more of the hangouts and such. And, far lower bar tabs. Yeah!

If you're serious, I'll totally support ya, bro.
    Things left to accomplish in life.

Visit LAS VEGAS- check
    Drink a Natty Light with Fanch- check
    See PJ in concert @ Madison Square Garden- check
    See PJ in concert @ the Borgata- check
    Have a 3-way with Denise Richards and Carmen Electra- Not accomplished.

at least I have 1 goal left in life :)
    Hey, at least have Vida Guerra taking pictures or wearing heels or something during that last one.
    fanch75 wrote:
    Well, hey, what is there to say to that? Another upside is that you'll remember more of the hangouts and such. And, far lower bar tabs. Yeah!

If you're serious, I'll totally support ya, bro.

Thanks buddy. I'll still be crazy but I will be sober crazy not drunk crazy.

Some random observations on a Saturday night....

1) For pure entertainment value on free, non-cable TV, it just doesn't get much better then COPS. What a great, great show, highly underrated. Not many people give COPS enough credit. That show is what broke the barrier for reality TV. and that was years ago. It somehow gets lost in the shuffle and overlooked but there is no better show on TV. I challenege you to find one better.

2) The version of "State of Love and Trust" on the PJ's greatest hits CD is slightly different that the version on the SINGLES soundtrack. YES it is true. Have a listen sometime and compare.

3) I fucking love chips and salsa. Best invention ever. Whoever came up with that idea should win a Nobel Prize. I'm fucking serious.

4) How many more days until 5/27? We might need an official countdown started.....
    fanch75 wrote:
    Hey, at least have Vida Guerra taking pictures or wearing heels or something during that last one.

YEA seriously. Not a bad idea. "Booty, booty, booty rocking everywhere...."
    PhillyPJ wrote:
    Thanks buddy. I'll still be crazy but I will be sober crazy not drunk crazy.

Cool. The health benefits are good too. For example, during my everyday drinking during the divorce, I ballooned to 195 lbs. I cut way back, now I'm at 168. Yeeee-uhh. But I think you're more of a weekend drinker than a daily drinker (which is good).

Plus, sex sucks when you're drunk. Too sloppy. So when you meet yous a fine white woman at da club, you'll better ready to hit it right.

I foresee many great things for this young Jedi.
    fanch75 wrote:
    Cool. The health benefits are good too. For example, during my everyday drinking during the divorce, I ballooned to 195 lbs. I cut way back, now I'm at 168. Yeeee-uhh. But I think you're more of a weekend drinker than a daily drinker (which is good).

Plus, sex sucks when you're drunk. Too sloppy. So when you meet yous a fine white woman at da club, you'll better ready to hit it right.

I foresee many great things for this young Jedi.

YEA I can probably afford to lose a couple pounds, I need to get buff and in shape for the summer for all da white women at DA Club....

I put on so much "beer weight" in College I never really got rid of it. Now is the time.

"I cook then I chill. Aw yeah."
    TORONTO 10 club tickets are still available if anyone wants them..:)
  • i think i am going :D
    Rarghstarfarian.
    i think i am going :D

Oh my Sweet Jesus, it's rarghrargh! Where the hell have you been? I've missed you. I don't think I've seen you on anywhere other than the "other board" for the last year or more!

And, what's this "I think" shit? ;)
  • More CoffeeMore Coffee Posts: 600
    PhillyPJ wrote:
    I honestly think I am done. I'm retiring from drinking, effective today, Saturday March 18th 2006.

If this is true, you will be the first person ever to swear off drinking the day after St. Patrick's day.

It has never been done before.

Most heavy drinkers don't wake up until the 19th. :D
    support The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
    http://giving.chop.edu/site/PageServer?pagename=give_GiveTheGift
  • JenInTheBxJenInTheBx Posts: 293
    PhillyPJ wrote:

1) For pure entertainment value on free, non-cable TV, it just doesn't get much better then COPS. What a great, great show, highly underrated. Not many people give COPS enough credit. That show is what broke the barrier for reality TV. and that was years ago. It somehow gets lost in the shuffle and overlooked but there is no better show on TV. I challenege you to find one better.

Philly, you are so right! Plus, you get to see the best mullets on that show, haha.

Good to hear about the drinking though... I'll be sober with you on 5/27. :)
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,457
    JenInTheBx wrote:
    Philly, you are so right! Plus, you get to see the best mullets on that show, haha.

count me in with the sober crowd................unless im drunk on the 45,735 philly cheese steaks i plan on eating.....hehehehehehehe
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • grace6697grace6697 Posts: 1,191
    PhillyPJ wrote:

2) The version of "State of Love and Trust" on the PJ's greatest hits CD is slightly different that the version on the SINGLES soundtrack. YES it is true. Have a listen sometime and compare.

4) How many more days until 5/27? We might need an official countdown started.....

is there really a difference? i don't have the greatest hits.

and also, it's 70.
    take your money and your drugs.
  • Barely AliveBarely Alive Posts: 1,271
    PhillyPJ wrote:
    I don't want to wind up like Michael Jordan when he tried to play a couple more years in the NBA for the WASHINGTON Wizards. He was a shell of his former self.
    Ok, I agreed with everything else in that post except this. I take exception to this as a 1985-Present Michael Jordan aficionado would gladly argue the finer points of this misconception with anyone. I know your post was on the humorous side as most, but since you said it, you must think it, and therefore I must rant in defense of the contrary :D

While I personally wish he did not suit up with the Wizards so that to better leave his legacy as that last shot in the '98 Finals as an exclamation point to his career, it was his legacy, not ours afterall, to decide. He has stated that he isn't worried about it, and if it's ok with him, then it's ok with me as a die hard fan of his, just as much so as I am a Pearl Jam fan.

He didn't come back to really try and win another title. He was actually so good, that the NBA was like a men's league to him. Where else would he play,or could he play at that rate rather and actually have it be competitive? Was he the same exact physical specimen from year and years before? No. A much wiser player who could still pick his spots and turn it on and off whenever he wanted to? Yes. He chose not to do some things when he returned, and it was as simple as that. He was still old, don't get me wrong, but his personal reasons for playing were different. He was playing because the fire still burned, fuck the last mental image of the '98 shot he said, it wasn't erased. He was playing to show some relative kids in the league how some things were done, on and off the court. He could have pulled his number out of the rafters at the United Center again and suited up in Red and Black once more in a building that bears his statue out front. He didn't. It wasn't about the other seasons. He was the last bastion of a time that no longer exists in an NBA that I could care less about anymore, that represented the last meaningful cache of superstars with integrity and professionalism in his sport. He was the last ambassador of a now nameless and faceless basketball league, and I would rather, and do, attend high school basketball games than watch an NBA one more times than not.

What he did in his time is still talked about and reviewed and replayed over and over in mythic proportions and admiration. Are they of him as a Bull and not a Wizard? All the time. It plays that way in my head too, but so what. He was fucking around with it, and that's the truly amazing part of it. Nothing has changed because he stepped out of the front office and put on a different jersey for a couple of years. I went to his last game, 3 times removed, in Philadelphia, and I got to see, in person, his last point scored in the NBA for sure this time- a foul shot. Was it a dunk in traffic over Ewing? No. Was it a last second 15 footer for the win? No. Was it heroic in any way? No. But that's ok, because it didn't have to be. It was all those moments before, every single one of joy and awe he gave everyone that cumulatively over the years that lead up to that point- and it was ok. He still did all those things we praised him for. I realized I was selfish for wanting him to have simply left it all alone. It wasn't my career though, it was his, and his place is secure. So is he, and that's alright by me.

Wow, and to think that last night at this time I didn't even know my own name anymore. I think seeing "V" tonight got the brain working again today after last nights blow-out, and well, to be honest, I fucking am in love with Ms. Natalie Portman and after watching her for 2 hours I have all kinds of pent up I dunno what right now.

Ok, 'night all.
    grace6697 wrote:
    is there really a difference? i don't have the greatest hits.

and also, it's 70.

yes. there is a very slight difference between the 2 versions. and you should buy the greatest hits CD, they re-worked Once, Alive, and Black a little bit. nothing major. my only compliant about the greatest hits CD is there wasn't enough YIELD songs on there....
    JenInTheBx wrote:

Mullets! yes. I also love any episode where the COPS break out the TASER gun. classic.

"Bad boys, bad boys watch'a goin do....whatch'a goin do when they come for you.."
  • grace6697grace6697 Posts: 1,191
    PhillyPJ wrote:
    yes. there is a very slight difference between the 2 versions. and you should buy the greatest hits CD, they re-worked Once, Alive, and Black a little bit. nothing major. my only compliant about the greatest hits CD is there wasn't enough YIELD songs on there....

ah, interesting. i will check it out. it will be like a game..

you're not in NYC anymore, are you?
    take your money and your drugs.
    Ok, I agreed with everything else in that post except this. I take exception to this as a 1985-Present Michael Jordan aficionado would gladly argue the finer points of this misconception with anyone. I know your post was on the humorous side as most, but since you said it, you must think it, and therefore I must rant in defense of the contrary :D

OK. see now I need to correct your rant. Yes, was it Michael Jordan's career, was it Michael Jordan's legacy? yes. It was and he could decide to tarnish it and ruin it as he saw fit.

BOTTOM LINE: His comeback was a mistake, a failure and a severe mis-calculation on many, many levels. Trust me when I state that I was one of the the biggest Jordan fans out there. I taped everyone of the BULLS playoff games from 1992-1998. I have even spent $$ to buy his Nike sneakers. I drank Gatorade because I wanted to "be like Mike."

But I have to admit that MJ made a big mistake. He won't admit it, but deep down inside he knows it.

He should have stay retired after he hit "the Shot" in 1998 (and yes he did push off on Bryon Russell, but no biggie :). He always had a big competitive streak and he decided to come back to the NBA. I guess b/c he played against some NBA guys over the summer in pick-up games in Chicago like Antoine Walker etc..he thought he could still play in the NBA. And he did ok, he had a couple games where he scored over 40, still had a nice turn-around, fade away jumper. But he wasn't the same MJ.

The WIZARDS sucked and MJ couldn't get them to the playoffs. He never looked right in a Wizards uniform. He was a Chicago BULL and will always be a Chicago BULL. The NBA should erase all game footage and stats from his 2 years in Washington. I still remember the 2002 All-Star Game in Philly, MJ had a breakaway dunk, all wide open, he tried to elevate and clanged the dunk off the back iron. That was sad to watch, very sad. He was a shell of his former self.

MJ came back to the NBA because he thought he would be able to teach the "younger" guys a thing or two. Instead, he found out that pick-up games in the summer don't compare to real NBA games, he had a lost a step and the younger guys were much better.

As far as the mis-calculation factor. MJ wanted to eventually own an NBA team. He was working for the Wizards, and had a small ownership stake and then decided to come back. All of a sudden the MCI Center was sold out for every game, he saw $$$ signs. When his 2 years playing was done he expected the owner Abe Pollin to offer him a stake in ownership as a way to "thank" him for building the franchise back up. Instead Abe fired him and MJ walked out the door embarassed.

Why did MJ come back? was it for money? Not really. His salary in the 2001-02 season was only going to be $1 million, then after 9/11 he donated that to charity. Besides he didn't need more money.

MJ's comeback was a failure. Plain and simple. Case closed. That's it. There is no way a valid arguement can be made to convince me otherwise.
  • pjscreamerpjscreamer Posts: 599
    Da kid looking for some of his momalucaking peps from Philly ta make a suggestion for a place for da kid ta get a hotel.
    Let's Go Yanks!
    96)Randalls Island I,II
    98)NJ,MSG I,II
    00) Virginia Beach Jones Beach I,II,III Saratoga Springs Seattle I
    03)Nassau Camden I MSG I,II NJ
    04)Boston I,II Reading
    05)Montreal Ottawa Toronto Borgata I,II Philly
    06) Irving plaza Albany Hartford Camden I,II NJ I,II LA I,II Gorge I,II
    07)Lolla
    08)Roo Camden I,II MSG I,II Hartford Beacon
    09)Chicago I,II Philly II,III,IV
    10)Hartford Newark MSG I,II
    11)PJ20 I,II
    13)Wrigley Brooklyn I,II Hartford
    14)Moline,milwaukee
    15)Central Park
    16)MSG I,II
    17)Wrigley I,II
    18)Wrigley I,II
    22)MSG,Camden
    24)MSG I,II
  • chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    pjscreamer wrote:
    Da kid looking for some of his momalucaking peps from Philly ta make a suggestion for a place for da kid ta get a hotel.

I think you should ask thatgirl :D
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • thatgirlthatgirl Posts: 3,671
    chromiam wrote:
    I think you should ask thatgirl :D
    FUNNY!!!!!
    "I hear Fanch has a Pimp Cup and loves Kiss. I think that's all that really matters."
  • Barely AliveBarely Alive Posts: 1,271
    PhillyPJ wrote:
    MJ's comeback was a failure. Plain and simple. Case closed. That's it. There is no way a valid arguement can be made to convince me otherwise.

Based on what? He said he came back to teach the other players. He did that. He never promised or vowed to accomplish this or that and to be the old MJ. No, it didn't look right, and that blew, but he did it and that's that.

I have 78 pairs of Air Jordans right now and I still drink Gatorade and watch my old VHS game tapes that I studied, rewound again, watched and tried to immitate in my own game... but those things aren't getting either of our opinions closer together here. As a purist I agree that he should not have come back. I still say he did what he set out to do, and therefore it wasn't a failure.

Michael Jordan, if he wanted to, could have started in the front court for many teams at that point still. A different player yes, but still competitive and a true spot earning player. Jerry Rice simply hung in too long and ended up 3rd string bouncing around from team to team in the end. Now that is embarassing.

We will have to agree to disagree, especially since you can't "correct" my opinion.
  • satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,412
    Back on the scene...crispy and clean.........
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016, 2024
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022, 2023
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    Baltimore- 2024
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016 (night 2) , 2024 (night1)
    East Rutherford, New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - Lollapalooza 2007
    Seattle- Gorge 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • Solat13Solat13 Posts: 6,996
    JenInTheBx wrote:

I won't be and neither will Eric. ;)
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
  • thatgirlthatgirl Posts: 3,671
    Solat13 wrote:
    I won't be and neither will Eric. ;)
    just hope he doesnt puke near my car
    "I hear Fanch has a Pimp Cup and loves Kiss. I think that's all that really matters."
    Michael Jordan, if he wanted to, could have started in the front court for many teams at that point still. A different player yes, but still competitive and a true spot earning player. Jerry Rice simply hung in too long and ended up 3rd string bouncing around from team to team in the end. Now that is embarassing.

We will have to agree to disagree, especially since you can't "correct" my opinion.

Hey no worries. We agree to disagree. I think we both agree that Jerry Rice stuck around too long. So let's leave it at that :)