**Official PJ @ Tweeter Center RV Tailgate Pre-Game Party Thread**

Comments

• More CoffeeMore Coffee Posts: 598
    thatgirl wrote:
    the funniest show!
    i honestly dont think i even have a fav ep.

whats the one where dwight goes to save michael, crashes his car outside, pukes, shakes it off, and keeps on driving?? HILARIOUS!

I rarely laugh out loud.
    That had me crying.
    support The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
    http://giving.chop.edu/site/PageServer?pagename=give_GiveTheGift
  • chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    Sorry...you can thank all of the assholes on ebay for snatching them up.

You've got memories from Storytellers and that is something you can't buy on ebay.
    You'll be there tonight in spirit.

I heard they are planning to play YIELD in its entirety tonight in reverse order, starting with the B-Sides.

Ha! I'd love to hear "U" tonight...and of course _________, and _________, and __________. You get the picture.

Rest up for Saturday and watch The Office marathon tonight with a bottle of water.

yeah I have memories... and can always get a poster later so I'm not worried.
    hopefully there will be a nice dosage of YIELD tonite.

and it seems I started a firestorm.. :D I was only kidding, I mean I'm not going tonite because of work, plus I figure a night off wouldn't hurt me
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • thatgirlthatgirl Posts: 3,671
    I rarely laugh out loud.
    That had me crying.
    The Injury
    When Michael burns his foot with his George Foreman mini-grill, he requires the entire office staff to work around his new injury. When the workers aren't so keen on obliging, Michael gets angry and calls in a man in a wheelchair to put out the message that disabled people are people too. Meanwhile, Dwight acts stranger than usual, acting really nice and helpful towards Pam. It isn't until the end of the day when everyone realizes that the car accident Dwight was in earlier that day gave him a concussion (but was overshadowed by Michael's dramatization of his own burn), and Jim and Michael immediatley take him to the hospital. Needless to say, Michael doesn't appreciate the extra attention that the doctors and nurses pay Dwight.

thats the ep where michael asks the doctor "whats more severe, a foot injury or a head injury" and the doctor says head injury and michael goes "well you obviously dont know all the facts" HAHAHAHAHAHHA :D
    "I hear Fanch has a Pimp Cup and loves Kiss. I think that's all that really matters."
  • Barely AliveBarely Alive Posts: 1,271
    thatgirl wrote:
    hes barely alive right now, and now he has to drive all the way back up here for tonight :eek:
    That'll be .$25 please. Thank you, drive thru.
    chromiam wrote:

Kinda disappointed but I had plenty of opportunity.
    Like when you were talking to me when I was in line? :D
    thatgirl wrote:
    sean needs to wake the fuck up!
    Grace just woke me. What the hell is so imporatnt that it made me miss some morning delight?!

I apparently have all of these new admirers for my good deeds or good looks, or both and astonishing charm and personality. It is hard being so popular you know. I will get to you when I can Julie. I'm sorry, but I just can't take everyone with me :D

Lew- That is really cool. New Zealand and Portugal as well as EB front page which is odd b/c it's up there with Boston, Camden, DC, and a Chicago I believe. No, I'm not proud per se, and really trying not to be because it's not about me and I don't want to blur the two things internally. I'm not trying to be 'the man' with it, but I definitely feel the sense of accomplishment a little bit. It's really just a little surreal for what it is right now I guess.
    It was good getting a few moments to chat with you as well.

As for Lew and the rest of you- I really dig, and it was my misison for this tour going waaaay back to Sept., to make new friends related to PJ knowing that at all the shows I went to alone in the past, that there were others just like me but we just didn't know who or where...It is awesome walking into some city and seeing people I met in Montreal, Ottawa, or even some recent ones like the guy that sat next to me in Hartford...saw him at Camden. Saw Lew and Mike multiple times on Tues night as well as my friend Ben from LA who I met in Montreal with Katie (Greenlightbulb) who I have seen all over the place. It's just really fucking awesome to have this network/base of good people for good times with a mutual obsession. It's because of this that I cannot wait to go to Seattle with a majority of people from this thread as well. That will not only be the crowning moment for me personally tour wise as it is Seattle, but also because it's a trek with all of you to see the band. I mean that sincerely. I just want to say thank you to everyone that I have met in the past few months that have shared in my personal memories and experiences from this tour to date re: the Philly crew specifically.

Ok Lew, break out the pot and the hackey sack :D
  • fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    BA - are you liking 8 any better?
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • BubbaBirchBubbaBirch Posts: 1,977
    Im checking in. Prolly wont be around much or hanging out much today or tonight. I have a fucking 102 fever, stuffed head/chest, runny nose and cough so I feel pretty much like shit. Didnt go to work today but I plan on being at the show tonight, just dont think I'll be hanging out.

Julie - I have your Camden CD's, and as for Saturday, my brother has finally decided that he is going. Sorry it took so long to get an answer out of him.

Im out!
    Bubba wrote:
    Im checking in. Prolly wont be around much or hanging out much today or tonight. I have a fucking 102 fever, stuffed head/chest, runny nose and cough so I feel pretty much like shit. Didnt go to work today but I plan on being at the show tonight, just dont think I'll be hanging out.

Julie - I have your Camden CD's, and as for Saturday, my brother has finally decided that he is going. Sorry it took so long to get an answer out of him.

Im out!
    thats cool. i begged my bff to sit with me so it all worked out in the end.

dont be getting any of us sick tonight!!!
    "I hear Fanch has a Pimp Cup and loves Kiss. I think that's all that really matters."
    fanch75 wrote:
    BA - are you liking 8 any better?
    When some of the songs are played I can't name them nor do I know any words, but WWS kinda grew on me a little. I will admit to liking Come Back. The CD that the DJ gave me in Albany is still wrapped.
    It's no Yield but people keep making comments to me about how can I like one and not the other, yet they are two completely different works in every way I feel. I just don't see the comparison by others, and they are the ones comparing,not me. I'm simply trying to dispell that rumor. As a stand alone work by itself I am still not feeling it. I'm going with the flow though and enjoying myself regardless because, well, it's Pearl Jam tour time no matter what.
    When some of the songs are played I can't name them nor do I know any words, but WWS kinda grew on me a little. I will admit to liking Come Back. The CD that the DJ gave me in Albany is still wrapped.
    It's no Yield but people keep making comments to me about how can I like one and not the other, yet they are two completely different works in every way I feel. I just don't see the comparison by others, and they are the ones comparing,not me. I'm simply trying to dispell that rumor. As a stand alone work by itself I am still not feeling it. I'm going with the flow though and enjoying myself regardless because, well, it's Pearl Jam tour time no matter what.

It's cool. Anyone who gets their panties in a wad because you don't like a CD has issues. Those people are fucking brokeback. I don't like riot act, nor do I remember how many of the songs go because it's just that forgettable, so I can relate. Have you had anyone send you PM's threatening to kick your ass over this yet? hahaha.

I think that "Gone" is incredible live. It blew me the fuck away on Camden #2! I think the Yield comparisons are due more to its uplifting feel, but you're right, it's no Yield.
    bubba omg its our boy! that is sooooooooooo funny!
  • grace6697grace6697 Posts: 1,191
    Grace just woke me. What the hell is so imporatnt that it made me miss some morning delight?!

i did!?

also, feel better bubba!
    take your money and your drugs.
    East Rutherford Soundcheck

WMA, Rival, Oceans, Of The Girl, :eek: Lost in The Flood (Bruce Springsteen) :eek:

WHY ARE THEY SOUNDCHECKING THESE SONGS AND NOT PLAYING THEM!!!!

WMA???!!!

[size=+3] WMA???!!! [/size]

I shouldn't have looked at this.
    I thought it was a good show but not great. Camden 2 was better.
    What is the deal with the songs?
    What the Hell is going to happen on Saturday, nothing?

I'll be honest, on the ride home last night I was considering not going on Saturday. I was so tired. Ed seems exhausted. Storytellers ruined the show for us in my opinion. Ed was really tired.

I did like the show though. It was one, however, that I could have missed. My highlight was seeing everybody...the truth.
    Nothing, aside from Ed's Bu$hleager speech, stands out in my mind right now.
    Maybe I'm just too tired.

I have become disallusioned and I don't think they are going to break out anything on Saturday. It will be a good show with no "jaw droppers."

That was not a first before the last show...it was a middle of the road.

I know this sounds harsh, but I am just being honest and I do feel that I have the experience behind me to enable me to make such bold statements.

I am not a sheep.

Very cool night Sean, very cool...again. Thanks for the introduction to your father. Thank you.

That was the lamest version of Once I've ever seen.
    I did like the show though people.
    Everybody is just tired...
    While I enjoyed the show, loved Footsteps, the Trilogy and LOVED Indifference, I kinda know how ya feel Lew. Maybe it was the fever and cold that I had but I was soooo freaking tired during that show, I just couldnt get into it. I shoulda passed on this show knowing how I felt but I couldnt miss a PJ show that close.

Sorry I didnt meet up with you guys, I did see Julie and Joe in their seats right near me. Saw Julian for a brief second before the show. I saw one of Seans buddies on the way in who almost got punched in the face he was annoying me so much, but I wont get into that. Saw a few other people I recognized from earlier shows but I wasnt in a socializing mood last night. I feel like crap today, got a shitload of work to do so I will see you good people soon.

Julie, I still have your Camden bootlegs in the car, I'll get them to you Saturday and BA, thats a million for grabbing me a poster!!

Oh....and I wasnt one of the ones who booed Bushleaguer!!! I wanted to hear that!!
    East Rutherford Soundcheck

WMA, Rival, Oceans, Of The Girl, :eek: Lost in The Flood (Bruce Springsteen) :eek:

WHY ARE THEY SOUNDCHECKING THESE SONGS AND NOT PLAYING THEM!!!!

was this the actual soundcheck or just someone's dream soundcheck for last night??

The set list looks solid and seems like the crowd was good for the most part.. but there is no way I could have survived the show and drive last night. I was sooo damn tired, went home after work and just crashed. Hopefully the boys get a nice day of rest today and come out energized for sat. I agree that probably the 3 days of shows wore on them abit and a break is definitely in order.
    Look forward to seeing everyone on sat, still not sure what time we're getting there but it will all work out. And I think an appearance by the Boss should be in order.. I mean it is The Meadowlands :D
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

That was the lamest version of Once I've ever seen.
    I did like the show though people.
    Everybody is just tired...

You guys are touring machines!

Happy Friday, all. Horrible, rainy shitty-ass weather here today & tomorrow. Hope yours is better.
    I found that soundcheck on here...I don't know if it's real or not.
    I hope it is.
    But if it is I guess it doesn't matter anyway.
    They aren't playing what they soundcheck.

Lost in the Flood?
    I find that unlikely but I won't give up hope.
    Bruce will be in Phoenix, AZ on Saturday so it will be a no show show.......show...
    fanch75 wrote:
    You guys are touring machines!

Happy Friday, all. Horrible, rainy shitty-ass weather here today & tomorrow. Hope yours is better.

Nope.. rainy weather supposedly in Philly all afternoon but clearing for the weekend which is good. And thanks for the pic, even though I look like the Pilsbury doughboy wandering the parking lot looking to stake my land ;)

Admin

chromiam wrote:
    Nope.. rainy weather supposedly in Philly all afternoon but clearing for the weekend which is good. And thanks for the pic, even though I look like the Pilsbury doughboy wandering the parking lot looking to stake my land ;)

haha

did you see this one? This one is great. The caption is perfect.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v105/fanch75/Pearl%20Jam%20%20Camden%20NJ%2020060527/Day%202/?action=view&current=100_0951.jpg
    fanch75 wrote:

Even worse... damn I look loaded

and the caption is perfect. Now I know why I stay behind the camera and not in front of it.

Admin

That was from the 2nd day. It's funny b/c the first day pictures we're all fresh-faced & ready to go. Second day pictures we are all puffy-eyed with big circles. Or maybe I'm just talking about me, haha. But yeah dude, that second day we were a bit slower to "get going."

I have uploaded most of my pics to my photobucket if you want to see the rest. I have some great ones of Fort YIELD. However, since the Cincy CCFA is on the same floating deck as Hooters, I have "up-lifting" hopes for Cincy! ;)
    hi!
    i thought the show was great last night, of course not as good as camden 2. i thought there was a lot of energy, i didnt think ed seemed tired really...

what a moment when he jumped up after alive and fell and hurt himself. i was totally expecting him to come back out on crutches or something by the way he limped off stage.

im up in the air as fas as what tomorrows show will be like. i would assume it would have to be AWESOME since its the last show of the leg but hearing footsteps and indifference and ALONE :eek: last night was amazing. i really appreciated not hearing YLB. leash was lame though everyone around me though it was "cool"...maybe im an elitist? haha.

i think the guys in front of me were playing grab ass together all night...but i wont get into that right now.

jeresy is a shithole. the bar was nice, thanks for having us there heather! i think it was funny how we were all standing out in the concourse. not the most prestigious of philly meetup places i would say but it was nice seeing everyone! sean we still have to coordinate outfits for tomorrow! :)
    I found that soundcheck on here...I don't know if it's real or not.
    I hope it is.
    But if it is I guess it doesn't matter anyway.
    They aren't playing what they soundcheck.

Lost in the Flood?
    I find that unlikely but I won't give up hope.
    Bruce will be in Phoenix, AZ on Saturday so it will be a no show show.......show...
    i heard oceans and of the girl. the others could be true as well. i want to hear rival!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ive given up hope on RM. :(
    did anyone hear me scream NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO to bushleaguer last night?

ummm yea.....
    Bubba- Who Ben from LA? Why, what was he doing? Only person I can think of that you could say I know that you don't top of my head and I know he had decent seats even though I now forget the section/row. He rocks out during shows normally and is pretty cool.

MC- No, thank you. Always a pleasure. You were more than complimentary, and it was a pleasure chatting with Dave again as well.

I agree about the show, but I am a little skewed/soured from last night specifically anyway. I will get into that in a second.

Ok, Thoughts, Observations, and Rants from 6/1:

- That was the first show that I have heard and not seen, yet physically been present for. I could have stayed in my car and played PJ CD's in the parking lot and seen just as much.

- I will never, ever use my 10C tix again after this Saturday 6/3.

- I have said before that anything past the first few rows on the second floor section would be horrible seats to have and I would never buy them. I was right.

- I always used Ebay/brokers so I would know where my seats were and fearing my 299,xxx 10C. I am that picky about seats as most of us are, but this wasn't about picky. Maybe it is because I am a male and apparently need visual stiumulation/gratification all the time.

- Two other guys walked into my row with 10C seats that were duplicates of mine. I was there first and they didn't give me an unnecessary hassle thankfully. Awesome.

-What is it with guys that not only sing along to the song, which i don't mind, but sing *to* people around them like chicks do? Gay and annoying.

-What is it with the 2 1/2 hour fist pumpers, air grabbers and touchdown signal giving assholes that obstruct your view?

-Why do people have to make noise and stand the whole time after the first set and then talk shit to those who don't? How about a little quiet interlude. They are coming back out ok? You aren't tough or better because you stood the whole show. I have actually heard some people at recent shows talking about how they are going to stand the whole time because it's so die hard of them. Gay again.

- The show didn't start for me until Footsteps. too bad I was already asleep and they lost me by that point. From Footsteps on was the real show.

-Immortality and Indifference together? Don''t have to say anyhting about that.

-Indifference closer= absolutely sick. Biggest surprise I've ever had seeing them close personally. Unheard of.

-Ed referencing the 'Play Leash You Pussies' sign again was just awesome. That was pretty damn cool he brought that up. That ddue that had that sign in '03 is forever immortalized twice in Leash and NYC PJ history.

-The people around me were lame and many, many girls were sitting the whole time. Then again, if I couldn't see and I'm 6', then what was the point of them standing.

- I went up to the sound board area before the show to inquire about possibly getting the setlist for an upcoming CCFA event, and the guy told me gave it away already when I approached and asked him if he had a second to answer a question for me. He must get asked 1,000's of times a night or something or he is a mind reader. Setlist given away before the show?

-Hanging with all of you outside of 121 pre-show for the continuing Philly clique invasion was cool as always.

-I'm noticing way too many people I know at shows now. It's gettin weird. I walk by them and say their names or they do the same to me. It's almost a pretty regular occurence now.

-I have big plans in my head for 6/3 setlist wise.

-I have big plans to see the show somehow this time as well.

-My dad kicks ass for seeing his 7th show with me. He has always listented to music, but he was never the concert going type until I got him into these guys. Now when they go on tour he's asking what showS we're going to. For some reason thought he passed on the 6/3 date. He's been to Camden I '00, Camden II '03, Hershey, Holmdel, VFC Reading, 10/3/05 and last night.

-VW thought I was making stuff up or that I was an orphan or just surprised I brought him I guess. hahahahahahahahahahahahah

-Julie went with curly hair last night to circumvent any humidity/precipitation issues.

I think that this may be my last personal "tour" as I feel I may be becoming somewhat jaded and/or elitest in my review of the band as of late. I feel that every other show is forgettable and some of the songs have just lost their luster with me unfortunately. I'd love to go to a show and get excited for DTE or Even Flow like I used to, but just can't anymore. I don't think I am too critical of them on some things because others have expressed exacting opinions about certain songs, drawn out tags, or jams, etc.

-I'm tired.
    I dont know who the guy was, I think you met him in Canada, we saw him at Camden. He looked, not to sound prejudice or something, but he looked a little like middle eastern descent, or he;s just dark complected, I dunno. He was on the floor a few rows behind me. What annoyed me about him was that we were all in this long jammed line to get on the floor and to get our tickets checked by the usher. I was third in line and he was behind me like reaching over me with his ticket trying to push his was through, hitting me in the head and all with his arms and his ticket. I turned around to him and said "Dude, settle the fuck down, you'll get to your seat!" He just looked at me dumbfounded and kept doing it.....fuck I was annoyed, luckily I got through and got away from him.

I cant complain about my seats, they were the best for me so far this year. I mean I was closer row-wise at the other shows but more off to the side, last night I was on Stone's side but on the aisle that was closest to the center section. Of course, I didnt bring my camera, I figured I already have a ton of in-concert pics, do I really need more. The other annoying thing last night was this drunk ass in the aisle across from me, his seat was like 5 or so seats in but he kept walking out to the aisle to bounce around. I dont know how many times the ushers came and said something to him until the encore they had enough and told him to get to his seat or he would be tossed. What was most annoying about him is that he reaked of alcohol, fucking disgusting!!

I felt bad for my brother, he has a problem with his back and he could barely walk at the end of the show from standing all night. When we sat down between the encores he wasnt sure if he was gonna be able to get back up.

Ok, I think thats all.....I need to get some sleep, but I dont think my boss would appreciate it all that much. :)
  • vedderwoodvedderwood Posts: 2,029
    Are you people on crack or something??????????? Last night's show was UNFUCKINGBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That was by far my absolute favorite so far....the setlist was awesome!!!!!!!!! Alone, Footsteps, Leatherman....friggin Indifference with the lights on instead of YL or RITFW?????? Dudes, you must all be really tired because last night kicked ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait for SAturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    DC 6/14/98
    NJ 8/28 & 8/29/98
    NJ 9/1 & 9/2/00
    PA 4/28/03
    NJ 7/5 & 7/6/03
    NY 7/8/03
    PA 7/12/03
    PA 10/1/04
    DC 10/11/04
    NJ 9/30 & 10/1/05
    PA 10/3/05
    NJ 5/27 & 5/28/06
    DC 5/30/06
    NJ 6/1 & 6/3/06
    WA 7/22 & 7/23/06
    IL 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19 & 6/20/08
    DC 6/22/08
    NY 6/24 & 6/25/08
    NY 7/1/08
    PA 10/27, 10/28, 10/30 & 10/31/09
    vedderwood wrote:
    Are you people on crack or something??????????? Last night's show was UNFUCKINGBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That was by far my absolute favorite so far....the setlist was awesome!!!!!!!!! Alone, Footsteps, Leatherman....friggin Indifference with the lights on instead of YL or RITFW?????? Dudes, you must all be really tired because last night kicked ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait for SAturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dont get me wrong, I think it was a great show, but then again, I think every show is great!! I was thrilled when they did the Triology and then Indifference, I love that song!!!!

I think the thing this year is like the main setlist there isnt many surprises so everyone is waiting for the encores to hear the rare stuff. As far as Leash....yeah I think Im over it. LOL, lets hear Rats again or even Bu$hleaguer, or In Hiding!

Again, in closing, Im not bitching or complaining about last night, thought the band and the crowd sounded awesome!!! I just think I wasnt into it.