Options

**Official PJ @ Tweeter Center RV Tailgate Pre-Game Party Thread**

Comments

• Options
    Solat13Solat13 Philadelphia Posts: 6,996
    grace6697 wrote:
    drunk @ work in a cocktail dress. jewel=fucking mental patient.

Really? You're going to have to share more details when you get a chance. I kinda figured she'd be a wack job.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
  • Options
    More CoffeeMore Coffee Posts: 591
    grace6697 wrote:
    drunk @ work in a cocktail dress. jewel=fucking mental patient.

jewel=HOTfucking mental patient.

I'm listening to Hartford right now...it sounds awesome. I feel bad because I bashed the show with my friends and I don't understand why now. I must have a bad drinking problem if beer alters my mood that much. I should have been thrilled with this set. All I could focus on was the length of the show. Hartford was a great show as far as the performance of the band and the sound quality of the venue (at least where I sat). The set is good as well. I need to stay focused because rarities aren't what makes the show. We didn't get Satan's Bed in Hartford, but Jeff and Mike were all over the place, Ed was in a good mood, Matt was on fire, Stone did his thing and blocked my view of Boom, and Boom was there to add a little more depth and wasn't showcased. What the Hell else could you want as a fan?

Hartford was a great show and the bootleg sounds awesome! Severed Hand is the perfect opener for this tour.

Sometimes I'm a real asshole.

I think I'm going to have to place a 3 beer limit on myself before the shows because I didn't appreciate the band enough in CT. I ended up hammered and my friend and I walked out to the concourse when they started YL to watch the people file out instead of watch the song. Sometimes I just don't understand my actions.

I'm glad this happened before Camden. I've got 5 shows left and there will be no regrets.

Wake up everyone...only 12 days left to go!
    support The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
    http://giving.chop.edu/site/PageServer?pagename=give_GiveTheGift
  • Options
    chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    MC don't get down on yourself. I think it happens alot especially for the first show of a tour, you get ideas about what the show should be like and what you wanna hear and then after the set in Albany the night before you expect more. Like you said it was a solid set, not the best we've ever seen and not the worst. But as you look back you can appreciate the little things about the show and that's what makes each one special and different, whether you've seen 2 or 20. There are plenty of shows left and I'm sure the sets in Philly will include more rarities or just special moments that stand out more than Hartford.. or maybe the band just thinks we're a bunch of pot smoking hippies and are going to mail it in from now on ;)

And 12 days people.. BA you better decide on that fucking parking lot soon
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Options
    thatgirlthatgirl Posts: 3,671
    chromiam wrote:
    MC don't get down on yourself. I think it happens alot especially for the first show of a tour, you get ideas about what the show should be like and what you wanna hear and then after the set in Albany the night before you expect more. Like you said it was a solid set, not the best we've ever seen and not the worst. But as you look back you can appreciate the little things about the show and that's what makes each one special and different, whether you've seen 2 or 20. There are plenty of shows left and I'm sure the sets in Philly will include more rarities or just special moments that stand out more than Hartford.. or maybe the band just thinks we're a bunch of pot smoking hippies and are going to mail it in from now on ;)

this is exactly how i feel. though i bitched and complained about it, there were many high points for me during the show (i.e. severed hand, DTE, go, lazers :) ) but ok, no more outta me. i have a SHITLOAD of work to do since i chose to sit on here yesterday afternoon and bullshit with the rest of you :eek:
    "I hear Fanch has a Pimp Cup and loves Kiss. I think that's all that really matters."
  • Options
    one LAST thing...

rumor has it that 5v1 is playing at t&j's on 8/18 :D
    "I hear Fanch has a Pimp Cup and loves Kiss. I think that's all that really matters."
  • Options
    ok ok i swear this is it...

apparently other bands are starting to ride the free show thing...RHCP now AIC...they are apparently having a free show tonight in seattle and giving away tix on their website. this was supposed to be the BIG news i was waiting for??? please.
  • Options
    grace6697grace6697 Posts: 1,191
    thatgirl wrote:
    ok ok i swear this is it...

apparently other bands are starting to ride the free show thing...RHCP now AIC...they are apparently having a free show tonight in seattle and giving away tix on their website. this was supposed to be the BIG news i was waiting for??? please.

i'm hungover and i can't sleep but i will say this. aic won't be the same. they should call themselves something else. it totally rubs me the wrong way.
    Solat13 wrote:
    Really? You're going to have to share more details when you get a chance. I kinda figured she'd be a wack job.

jewel details to follow. although i wil say upfront that wynton marsalis and his quartet were *far* more impressive. :)
    take your money and your drugs.
  • Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    PhillyPJ wrote:
    DUDE I am still thinking about Cincy. Like I said before I may just wake up on that Saturday of the show and throw YIELD in the CD player plus the new album (YIELD part II: A New Hope) along with a backpack of clothes and just say "fuck it" and drive 10 hours to Cincy for the show.

There is a very legit possibility of this happening....so don't count me out just yet. After seeing 2 *amazing* shows over the weekend I am inspired and in full touring mode again.

It feels like 1998 all over again.

Let me know if you decide, and then we can make the announcement of the "Fanch/PhillyPJ Drinking Tour 2006." 4/5 of the Council would be there. But certainly your plate is full so don't feel bad if you can't make it. Also, flying would be cheaper than driving, probably.

It's not like you left at 11pm and went to bed like some people this past weekend. They know who they are.

Grace - did you try to make out with Jewel? I bet she woulda loved your YIELD dress.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    More CoffeeMore Coffee Posts: 591
    chromiam wrote:
    .. or maybe the band just thinks we're a bunch of pot smoking hippies and are going to mail it in from now on ;)

This made me laugh.
    Anyone who reads Entertainment Weekly is going to think that.
    How Pearl Jam ever got associated with hippies is beyond me.
    It bothers me a lot.

I'm not certain why it does with such intensity....man.
    support The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
    http://giving.chop.edu/site/PageServer?pagename=give_GiveTheGift
  • Options
    fanch75 wrote:
    Let me know if you decide, and then we can make the announcement of the "Fanch/PhillyPJ Drinking Tour 2006." 4/5 of the Council would be there. But certainly your plate is full so don't feel bad if you can't make it. Also, flying would be cheaper than driving, probably.

It's not like you left at 11pm and went to bed like some people this past weekend. They know who they are.

Grace - did you try to make out with Jewel? I bet she woulda loved your YIELD dress.

Grace has a yield dress?

I remember a couple of years ago someone was selling PJ miniskirts on ebay. They were really comical.

I'm sure the YIELD dress is the epitomy of class.
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
  • Options
    For what it's worth, right now the weather is forecasted to be in the 80's the weekend of Mem Weekend. While not exactly reliable, at least this later October weather looks to end.

My trip to the Motherland this weekend looks to be sunny & 70's. :)
  • Options
    BubbaBirchBubbaBirch Posts: 1,977
    Last month, National University of Lesotho scientists released the
    results of a recent analysis that revealed the presence of female
    hormones in beer.
    Men should take a concerned look at their beer consumption.

The theory is that beer contains female hormones (hops contain
    phytoestrogens) and that by drinking enough beer, men turn into women.
    To test the theory, 100 men drank 8 pints of beer each within a 1 hour
    period.
    It was then observed that 100% of the test subjects:

1) argued over nothing.
    2) refused to apologize when obviously wrong.
    3) Gained weight.
    4) Talked excessively without making sense.
    5) Became overly emotional.
    6) Couldn't drive.
    7) Failed to think rationally
    8) Had to sit down while urinating.

No further testing was considered necessary.

(Figured I'd throw in a good joke for the day :) )
  • Options
    Barely AliveBarely Alive Posts: 1,271
    thatgirl wrote:
    ...season finale of greys...

holy shit

where the hell is danielle!

wow

i cried.
    many times.

wow
    I'll never watch that piece again without Katherine Heigl in it! I usually have it on with the volume down and just wait for her to grace the screen. :D
  • Options
    chromiam wrote:

Simma down, simma down! I'm working two jobs and looking for another here. I'll get yer lot figgered out. All you gotta do is show up :D
  • Options
    fanch75 wrote:

so funny you mention that because jewel and i had *very* similar outfits on.
    and in response to your question, no we did not make out. she is not my type.

Solat13 wrote:
    Grace has a yield dress?

I remember a couple of years ago someone was selling PJ miniskirts on ebay. They were really comical.

I'm sure the YIELD dress is the epitomy of class.

yield dress=oversized men's tshirt from 1998 tour with statue on it. don't want to give a false impression of my pearl jam couture.
    fanch75 wrote:
    For what it's worth, right now the weather is forecasted to be in the 80's the weekend of Mem Weekend. While not exactly reliable, at least this later October weather looks to end.

My trip to the Motherland this weekend looks to be sunny & 70's. :)

ugh! i hate heat!!

and pardon my naivete, but what difference does the parking lot make? aren't all squares of blacktop the same?
  • Options
    Bubba wrote:

1) argued over nothing.
    3) Gained weight.
    6) Couldn't drive.
    Awesome! hahaha
  • Options
    I'll never watch that piece again without Katherine Heigl in it! I usually have it on with the volume down and just wait for her to grace the screen. :D

I cant watch that show, that one lady looks like she got smacked in the face with a wall. It's like the Friends crew moved from NY into this Seattle hospital. I'll pass even with Heigl on the show. Now if Jessica Biel was on the show, I might have to rethink that.
  • Options
    This made me laugh.
    Anyone who reads Entertainment Weekly is going to think that.
    How Pearl Jam ever got associated with hippies is beyond me.
    It bothers me a lot.

I'm not certain why it does with such intensity....man.
    I was talking about this over the weekend with some fellow Star Trek convention goers, er, I mean Pit members and I didn't feel that way when reading the article. I'll have to read it again though. I felt it was a comparative piece, but in a way of saying that PJ fans have the dedication that Dead fans had, and not that we were the same as Dead fans. The part where it talked about people having tour savings accounts or subsections in their work contracts, etc. is definitely not hippie. It didn't have any of us selling grileld cheeses and not showering for days,s o it didn't hit me the way it did you I suppose. I kind of thought it was cool as seeing that someone outside with perspective brought to light what we might not have realized in our own little microchasm- just how big we have become internally and how our communication on here has really developed an infrastructure and organization that is unparalelled to my knowledge and opinion.

Then again, the piece also kind of makes you wonder if the fact that it was written and published just made us self-aware and odd about the whole thing in someway now that it has been publicized.
  • Options
    Bubba wrote:
    I cant watch that show, that one lady looks like she got smacked in the face with a wall. It's like the Friends crew moved from NY into this Seattle hospital. I'll pass even with Heigl on the show. Now if Jessica Biel was on the show, I might have to rethink that.
    I really don't ususally watch it at all... think that was the 2nd time I caught it. The Crohn's flared up for the first time in awhile so I was just immobile on the couch after 24.

And Jessica Biel is a pirate hooker.

I'll assume the Asian actress is the wall smasher? Agreed.

Why the long face? hahahahaha
  • Options
    I really don't ususally watch it at all... think that was the 2nd time I caught it. The Crohn's flared up for the first time in awhile so I was just immobile on the couch after 24.

And Jessica Biel is a pirate hooker.

I'll assume the Asian actress is the wall smasher? Agreed.

Why the long face? hahahahaha

That joke was so stupid, your long face joke, Im cracking up here.

Yes, thats the wall smasher!

Hey atleast Jessica doesn't wear DirectTV satellite dishes on her ears! :D
  • Options
    grace6697 wrote:
    and pardon my naivete, but what difference does the parking lot make? aren't all squares of blacktop the same?

Like, DUH!?!?!?

Proximity to the venue? Knowing where the hell to go? That's what difference it makes.
  • Options
    I was talking about this over the weekend with some fellow Star Trek convention goers, er, I mean Pit members and I didn't feel that way when reading the article. I'll have to read it again though. I felt it was a comparative piece, but in a way of saying that PJ fans have the dedication that Dead fans had, and not that we were the same as Dead fans. The part where it talked about people having tour savings accounts or subsections in their work contracts, etc. is definitely not hippie. It didn't have any of us selling grileld cheeses and not showering for days,s o it didn't hit me the way it did you I suppose. I kind of thought it was cool as seeing that someone outside with perspective brought to light what we might not have realized in our own little microchasm- just how big we have become internally and how our communication on here has really developed an infrastructure and organization that is unparalelled to my knowledge and opinion.

Then again, the piece also kind of makes you wonder if the fact that it was written and published just made us self-aware and odd about the whole thing in someway now that it has been publicized.

problem with the article is that while 90% of it did not say we're LIKE the next dead fans, the first paragraph *does* and as anyone who ever took eng comp 101, the first paragraph is crucial. perhaps our dear friend whitney was confused about the point she was trying to make.

as for being more self-aware about the communal feeling of it all now, i definitely think that's true. although, i'd call it self conciousness. :)
  • Options
    Bubba wrote:
    i LOVE that show. i dont know what im going to do on sunday nights now that its over, and soon to be over DH this sunday :(

friends is the stupidest show. i refuse to watch it.
  • Options
    thatgirl wrote:
    i dont know what im going to do on sunday nights now...

I'm free for doing on sunday nights.
  • Options
    chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    fanch75 wrote:
    Like, DUH!?!?!?

Proximity to the venue? Knowing where the hell to go? That's what difference it makes.

Exactly... plus we need to have a good turnout for the fundraiser.

As for all the self aware talk, why do I feel like I'm watching the Matrix or Terminator and we're all machines that just realized the world around us....

no Grey's for me.. watched it for a bit but stories kinda got tired and boring (lost me after the whole rocket in the stomach bit) and I didn't feel the need to watch the slut or long face ;) anymore
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Options
    Bubba wrote:

1) argued over nothing.
    3) Gained weight.
    6) Couldn't drive.

alright.

1. guys do that all the time, with or without booze
    2. "" ""
    3. "" ""
    4. guys dont make sense period. even when they are not talking.
    5. overly emotional i.e. wanting to bust heads and give fatty beatdowns
    6. im a damn good driver
    7. i incorporate herein by reference numbers one through four.
    8. this one doesnt even merit a response.
  • Options
    grace6697 wrote:
    problem with the article is that while 90% of it did not say we're LIKE the next dead fans, the first paragraph *does* and as anyone who ever took eng comp 101, the first paragraph is crucial. perhaps our dear friend whitney was confused about the point she was trying to make.

as for being more self-aware about the communal feeling of it all now, i definitely think that's true. although, i'd call it self conciousness. :)
    Like I said, I should go back and read it again. That was just my first impression.

As for your second paragraph- the way I wanted to state it but didn't, thanks.
  • Options
    grace6697 wrote:
    so funny you mention that because jewel and i had *very* similar outfits on.
    and in response to your question, no we did not make out. she is not my type.

So any funny Jewel stories? Or is she just an annoying person to deal with?
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
  • Options
    chromiam wrote:
    Exactly... plus we need to have a good turnout for the fundraiser.

As for all the self aware talk, why do I feel like I'm watching the Matrix or Terminator and we're all machines that just realized the world around us....

no Grey's for me.. watched it for a bit but stories kinda got tired and boring (lost me after the whole rocket in the stomach bit) and I didn't feel the need to watch the slut or long face ;) anymore
    meredith is not a whore. derrick was way out of line by calling her that and the only reason he did was bc he was jealous she was spending time with another guy. she hasnt even slept with finn yet (hes so hot)
  • Options
    chromiam wrote:

Too funny. I thought about that as I typed it.