Options

Is this fan club aimed to kids?

Comments

• Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    pjl44 wrote:
    that is a voice that must soar and be heard. Otherwise, the terrorists win.

:lol::lol::lol:

You're on a roll tonight! For that you get a

hitman.jpg
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,090
    DS1119 wrote:
    pjl44 wrote:
    that is a voice that must soar and be heard. Otherwise, the terrorists win.

:lol::lol::lol:

hitman.jpg

YES! Is that a coincidence or did you somehow remember my love for Don Mattingly?
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,564
    BryanWeb wrote:
    I'm 30 and I feel way too old to be a member of this fan club.
    Stickers? Ugh. This is the last straw.
    I feel like a tween anytime I hear from the Ten Club.
    I won't be renewing.

Keep in mind you are 30 and in a fan club.

well played :D
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,564
    pjl44 wrote:
    I agree. When someone is upset about the gift pack they receive from a rock band upon renewing their fan club membership, that is a voice that must soar and be heard. Otherwise, the terrorists win.

I choose this post to be the BEST of forums.pearljam.com.

Nicely done, sir!! :lol::lol:
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    CosmoCramerCosmoCramer Posts: 571

They can put socks in Cramers package instead of stickers, I wont complain.
    Indy 2000
    St. Louis 2000
    Champaign 2003
    Indy 2003
    St. Louis 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Indy 2010
    Hampton 2016
    Lexington 2016
    EV Bourbon and Beyond 2017
    Chicago N1 2018
    Chicago N2 2018
    Nashville 2022
    St Louis 2022
    Oklahoma City 2022
    Denver 2022
    Chicago N1 2023
    Chicago N2 2023
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,169
    pjl44 wrote:

I agree. When someone is upset about the gift pack they receive from a rock band upon renewing their fan club membership, that is a voice that must soar and be heard. Otherwise, the terrorists win.
    awesome!!!!!! :lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    Damn osama wins from his watery grave. Bastards!
  • Options
    pjl44 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

hitman.jpg

YES! Is that a coincidence or did you somehow remember my love for Don Mattingly?

Not a coincidence. I remember you stole my glory on the PJ20 countdown thread and posted Donnie Baseball early before I could at midnight. I will never forget that or forgive you! :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,090
    DS1119 wrote:
    Not a coincidence. I remember you stole my glory on the PJ20 countdown thread and posted Donnie Baseball early before I could at midnight. I will never forget that or forgive you! :lol::lol::lol:

Ha ha. Well we could bury the hatchet and just start a Mattingly thread on the AET. Dodger pictures strictly forbidden.
  • Options
    pjl44 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

Ha ha. Well we could bury the hatchet and just start a Mattingly thread on the AET. Dodger pictures strictly forbidden.

Good idea! :lol::lol:
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,111
    I did not like this years, or last years, gift. I don't really know what to do with them. A nicer design on the tshirt and at least that could have been useful.

But I hope we get something next year I dig more and hopefully the stickers and patch will please enough people!
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    :wave:
  • Options
    allstar340allstar340 NYC Posts: 804
    dude i actually agree with you, i think its a bit ridiculous sending useless stuff like that. i guess because enough people complained about the shirt they decided to change it, which is dumb because id much rather have another shirt. although while i wont be leaving the 10c, i think you should be allowed to voice your opinion without idiotic responses from people on here who think every move the band/club makes is the right one. this board is becoming hilarious.
    stop complaining bro
    08 -MSG I.eV Newark.Stone in BK. 09 -Spectrum II,III,IV. 10- Prudential Center.MSG I,II. Bridge School Benefit Nights I, II. 11- eV NY I, II. Bridge School Benefit Night II (eV solo). 12- Made in America Festival. 13- Oakland. 14- Bridge School Benefit Nights I, II. 17- eV Ohana. 18- Seattle I, II. 21- SHN. 22- ev & Earthlings Beacon, MSG, Camden. 23- eV & Earthlings Ohana. 24 - MSG I, II
  • Options
    I did not like this years, or last years, gift. I don't really know what to do with them. A nicer design on the tshirt and at least that could have been useful.

But I hope we get something next year I dig more and hopefully the stickers and patch will please enough people!
    come on ,you dont like anything..its your style.. ;)
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    I'm unsure as to which specific stickers you're all referring to, but I'll say that I generally like stickers. :P And I'm a little over a week shy of 25.

I have a PJ sticker on my laptop and another one on my calendar. 8-) Granted, they're not the newer sort.
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,465
    BryanWeb wrote:
    I won't be renewing.

Maybe next year they can send you some 10 club geritol.

6a00e54f7fc4c588330154327e01ab970c-pi
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    MissJam81MissJam81 Posts: 1,878
    Abe Froman wrote:
    What exactly did you expect? What would make you happy?
    10c lolipops.. :P

yay! :lol:
    Wendy Testaburger

" we're going to take this to some level that people aren't going to forget... and if that means risking your life, we're going to do it!..." EV

"
  • Options
    MissJam81MissJam81 Posts: 1,878
    middle age crisis?
    Wendy Testaburger

" we're going to take this to some level that people aren't going to forget... and if that means risking your life, we're going to do it!..." EV

"
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Its not aimed at kids but some people on here act like kids :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    on2legs wrote:
    BryanWeb wrote:
    I won't be renewing.

Maybe next year they can send you some 10 club geritol.

6a00e54f7fc4c588330154327e01ab970c-pi
    hmmm..great idea..but do those have expire date?
    cos if yes..then 10c better not sent those...can u imagine the bitching cos of 10c late shipping arrive after the expire date?..oh boy..
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,748
    I'm not crazy about the stickers either, but it's not going to cause me to not renew.
  • Options
    stardust1976stardust1976 Posts: 1,301
    BryanWeb wrote:
    I won't be renewing.

Pretty sure there was A LOT of whining last year when the tees came out. And I'm pretty sure I read people saying they'd rather have stickers cause they hated the tee that much.

Now people are whining about stickers.

Stickers are cool, no matter what your age. I'm older than you, and I love stickers. Stick 'em on your laptop (or newly acquired DS, hehehe!), or your mirror.

In my humble little opinion, people should stop 'being adults' for a bit, and remember the little stuff. Like when you were a teenager and your bedroom was your ENTIRE world. You would stick stickers on stuff then, right? Well, who says you have to stop EVERYTHING about being a kid once you get older? Try remembering when life wasn't all about paying bills or wiping kids butts, or going to work every day to a boss you hate, or whatever it is that's made you a grumpy adult.

Live a little. Stick a sticker on your bedroom mirror. You'll like it.
  • Options
    stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,359
    Here's my 2 cents:

Mr Eddie Vedder could come to your house and personally deliver front row tickets to every PJ show and some people would still find something to complain about.
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I'm just here for the music and the five plus one men I love!

smiley-signs018.gif
    :D
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Here's my 2 cents:

Mr Eddie Vedder could come to your house and personally deliver front row tickets to every PJ show and some people would still find something to complain about.

And rightly so. We all know Matt is the dude! ;)
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    boyo79 wrote:
    Here's my 2 cents:

And rightly so. We all know Matt is the dude! ;)
    Matt????

you mean Mike!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    papa_pearls_jam.pj20papa_pearls_jam.pj20 Chicago USA Posts: 2,142
    BryanWeb wrote:
    I won't be renewing.

Keep in mind you are 30 and in a fan club.

I joined the club when I was fifty. OMG! Does this mean...that, I'm a...petafile!

But...but...I really do like stickers. Just not on my car!
    :arrow:
    Posimists. Fuck the pessimists...fuck'em.
  • Options
    covered in blisscovered in bliss chi-caw-go Posts: 1,330

Stickers are cool, no matter what your age. I'm older than you, and I love stickers. Stick 'em on your laptop (or newly acquired DS, hehehe!), or your mirror.

In my humble little opinion, people should stop 'being adults' for a bit, and remember the little stuff. Like when you were a teenager and your bedroom was your ENTIRE world. You would stick stickers on stuff then, right? Well, who says you have to stop EVERYTHING about being a kid once you get older? Try remembering when life wasn't all about paying bills or wiping kids butts, or going to work every day to a boss you hate, or whatever it is that's made you a grumpy adult.

I agree 100%! i would MUCH rather have some stickers instead of a tee I'll rarely wear.

when my master bathroom complete gut and re-build was complete, the first thing I hung was this:

th_DSC00186.jpg
  • Options
    SxDx1982SxDx1982 Posts: 124
    If you don't like Easter eggs - don't buy them! Only babies cry when they don't get what they wanted. :roll:
    I'm still out here waiting
    Watching reruns of my life
  • Options
    hanjennihanjenni Posts: 174

I agree 100%! i would MUCH rather have some stickers instead of a tee I'll rarely wear.

when my master bathroom complete gut and re-build was complete, the first thing I hung was this:

th_DSC00186.jpg

:thumbup: i am 36, and i am a sticker addict. :-D and did someone up there say a patch, too??? i personally liked the tshirt, once i managed to get one that fit mostly well, and once i get around to some excellent tie-dying like some folks here have done. though i haven't seen the stickers (and patch?) yet...i like it! well, the idea, anyway. the boyfriends renewal should be here soon...so i can check it all out then, i have a few months until i do my own.
    "How I choose to feel,... Is how I am."

after 20 years of waiting: EV Fox Theatre Detroit-6/26/11;Alpine Valley-9/3/11 & 9/4/11;Toronto-9/11/11;Music Midtown-8/22/12;London, Ontario-7/16/13;Wrigley Field, Chicago-7/19/13
This discussion has been closed.