Bad Opinions

RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
edited April 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Everybody has one...I like to laugh at them:

http://theweek.com/article/index/218150 ... nerator#53

My favorite so far:
“It doesn't matter what he does—he will never amount to anything.”-Albert Einstein’s teacher to his father, 1895

(good time waster if you're at work)
The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    I got...

“The only thing different is the hair, as far as I can see. I give them a year.”

—Musical director of The Ed Sullivan Show, predicting the death of The Beatles, 1964
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    afroannnie wrote:
    I got...

“The only thing different is the hair, as far as I can see. I give them a year.”

—Musical director of The Ed Sullivan Show, predicting the death of The Beatles, 1964

I keep clicking the 'hit me again' button

"In 20 years, [bigotry and war] will be over. People are simply going to learn that they can get more from being groovy than being greedy."-Folk musician Arlo Guthrie, Newsweek, 1969

I can't stop...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    “There’s just not that many videos I want to watch.”-Steve Chen, CTO and co-founder of YouTube, 2005

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:
    I got...

I keep clicking the 'hit me again' button

"In 20 years, [bigotry and war] will be over. People are simply going to learn that they can get more from being groovy than being greedy."-Folk musician Arlo Guthrie, Newsweek, 1969

I can't stop...

wish this one was true :(
    “X-rays will prove to be a hoax.”

—Lord Kelvin, British physicist and engineer, 1899

:? :?
    Now you have me clicking away.. :lol:

“Strawberries as large as apples will be eaten by our great-great-grandchildren for their Christmas dinners.”

—Ladies’ Home Journal, “What May Happen in the Next Hundred Years,” 1900

:?
    afroannnie wrote:

is that the same Kelvin as in Kelvin Scale?

- Christopher McCandless
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    In the future (which is NOW based on when they made their predictions), we will have fully-functioning mechanical pets and housekeepers.

-The creators of "The Jetsons"
    RKCNDY wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:

:think: possibly...
    “Home taping is killing music.”

—A campaign by the British Phonographic Industry (BPI) targeting people who used cassette recorders to tape songs off the radio, 1980
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    In the future (which is NOW based on when they made their predictions), we will have fully-functioning mechanical pets and housekeepers.

Where's MY 'Rosie'?!?!? :evil:

- Christopher McCandless
  • curlygirly9curlygirly9 Posts: 1,872
    afroannnie wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:

:think: possibly...

I think it is...
    Rose Garden Arena - Nov 02, 2000, Key Arena - Oct 22, 2001, Key Arena - Dec 08, 2002, Key Arena - Dec 09, 2002, Clark County Amphitheater - Sep 26, 2009
    RKCNDY wrote:
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

Where's MY 'Rosie'?!?!? :evil:

the best we have is a vacuum cleaner that knows not to run into the wall!
    "He’s passé. Nobody cares about Mickey anymore… I think we should phase him out."

—Roy Disney on his brother Walt’s creation Mickey Mouse, 1937
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    There's a shitload of bad opinions on the porch right now. :lol:
  • curlygirly9curlygirly9 Posts: 1,872
    DS1119 wrote:

:lol: :think: Who might you be referring to?
    Rose Garden Arena - Nov 02, 2000, Key Arena - Oct 22, 2001, Key Arena - Dec 08, 2002, Key Arena - Dec 09, 2002, Clark County Amphitheater - Sep 26, 2009
    “[Rock ‘n’ roll] will be gone by June.”

—Variety, 1955

i can't stop clicking
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    DS1119 wrote:

:lol: :think: Who might you be referring to?

:lol:
    Today's......gets high on you!
    “I thought it was too wacky for the general public.”

—George Lucas, producer-director, on Star Wars, 1997
  • sheri zonasheri zona Posts: 356
    DS1119 wrote:

Zing! :lol:
    in an underwater nation...near chinamans hat
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    I liked this one:

"Tiger never does anything that would make him look ridiculous.”

—Golf Digest, asserting that Tiger Woods would make a fine role model for President Obama, 2010
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • The worst opinions in history, ever are:

Runner up, Larry Summers to Winklevoss Bros. about their internet networking project wouldn't be a zillionaire business...

Winner: The guy from Decca Records who said that guitars bands are out of fashion... after The Beatles auditioned...
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    "Get rid of the pointed ears guy."
    —NBC executive on the Mr. Spock character in the new series "Star Trek," 1966

"I was at Paramount all day yesterday, and they want me to direct this pile of trash."
    —Director Francis Ford Coppola on "The Godfather"

That's kind of misleading, because it makes you think he's calling the movie a pile of trash, but he's referring to the book. I agree, the book IS a pile of trash. He turned it into a great movie though. They're sort of twisting that one around.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    I can’t remember who it was specifically, but in the early 1960’s, this guy said he was interested in booking the Who but only if they got rid of the gawky guitar player.

idiot
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    This one is bad....

If excessive smoking actually plays a role in the production of lung cancer, it seems to be a minor one.” — W.C. Heuper, National Cancer Institute, 1954
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    This one, I don't know whether to laugh or cry:

“We will… be greeted as liberators.”

—Vice-President Dick Cheney, on America’s invasion of Iraq, 2003
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
    "Your house [will rest] on a giant turntable, like a doll-house on a lazy Susan. Of course, it takes a bit of trouble — you have to shift gears in order to start and stop the house gently… You claim your wife is a very poor house driver."

—Science Digest, "Your Life in 1985," 1955

:?
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,891
    afroannnie wrote:
    "He’s passé. Nobody cares about Mickey anymore… I think we should phase him out."

—Roy Disney on his brother Walt’s creation Mickey Rat, 1937
    HEY!!!!!! I take exception to this. My GF tells me she still cares about me. that still counts right?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:

—Roy Disney on his brother Walt’s creation Mickey Rat, 1937
    HEY!!!!!! I take exception to this. My GF tells me she still cares about me. that still counts right?

Don't worry..Roy said this...not Walt. I mean who cares about Roy? He's so passé.