Options

What are you eating, right now?

Comments

• Options
    of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    DS1119 wrote:
    stuff in a can

:nono: You can't buy the stuff in the can. It needs to be made. It's so simple too. Some meatballs, a little chicken, some pastine, etc...fuck...all I'm talking about is food today. :fp: :lol:

mmmm...pastine. Hell I miss my Nana's cooking. Hey you wanna come cook for me? :lol:

And damn you...you had to go say meatballs...didn't you? :fp: :lol:
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    mmmm...pastine. Hell I miss my Nana's cooking. Hey you wanna come cook for me? :lol:

Sure. :lol:

I actually tried something last month I never did before and it was awesome. I made a very light sauce and instead of penne, ziti, spaghetti, something like that I used pastine. Holy crap it was awesome.
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:

Sure. :lol:

I actually tried something last month I never did before and it was awesome. I made a very light sauce and instead of penne, ziti, spaghetti, something like that I used pastine. Holy crap it was awesome.

Well get your ass out here. And while you're here....you can go car shopping with me. :lol: And in exchange. I'll go man shopping with you. :lol:

and pastine....are you talking about pastine noodles? They are tasty. But I'm referencing pastine soup. it's water, eggs, broth, peccorino cheese and pastine noodles (not a lot though) It's friggen heavenly. Whenever I was sick when I was younger, my nana would make it for me. And even now, when I'm sick or my boys are sick, I make it.
  • Options

and pastine....are you talking about pastine noodles?

No. It's the very small little balls of pasta, like the size of a pencil eraser but even a little smaller. I had never thought of combining it with sauce before and I'm not kidding it was so awesome. I wonder how it would be with a thicker sauce? Might have to try that.

This is the type of pastine I'm talking about.

pastine_italian_soup.jpg
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:

and pastine....are you talking about pastine noodles?

No. It's the very small little balls of pasta, like the size of a pencil eraser but even a little smaller. I had never thought of combining it with sauce before and I'm not kidding it was so awesome. I wonder how it would be with a thicker sauce? Might have to try that.

This is the type of pastine I'm talking about.

pastine_italian_soup.jpg

tha'ts what I meant. :fp:
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,347
    Mmmmh I'm having a tipsy late-night dinner of German whole-grain bread with fried lean bacon and ketchup - yummo!
  • Options
    Mmmmh I'm having a tipsy late-night dinner of German whole-grain bread with fried lean bacon and ketchup - yummo!

Bread...bacon...and ketchup. Doesn't sound too bad. Never tried that but I may.
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:

The simple stuff is always the best. But in this case it aaaaall depends on the quality of the bread. No spongy stuff :nono:
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:

The simple stuff is always the best. But in this case it aaaaall depends on the quality of the bread. No spongy stuff :nono:

So no white bread you mean?
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

So no white bread you mean?

Nope, even though :think: Wait ... That might be really good as well with the really crusty lean bacon and the fruity and juicy ketchup :think: ... I think in that case I would throw in a nice leaf of fresh salad as well. Could work. But I love German bread full of grains, it almost felt like I had a Brotzeit in the Alps :lol: The ketchup needs to be good as well. Fruity.
  • Options
    The ketchup needs to be good as well. Fruity.

:lol:

heinz_ketchup_350.jpg
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    apple pie..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    a handful of raw almonds
  • Options
    Salad with homemade Greek dressing.
  • Options
    peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    Chips and salsa
  • Options
    roasted garlic chips and garlic hummus
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    sesame noodles
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    perfectlefts14perfectlefts14 Posts: 2,005
    Pizza Rolls
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,588
    Chicken noodle soup
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • Options
    cookies
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    apple
  • Options
    Scrambled eggs, bacon, and a bagel with cream cheese. Nothing better than a Marriot breakfast buffet before the torture. Mmmmm
  • Options
    peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    pastabowls_crop_mnc_media.jpg
  • Options
    pita
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    pita

don't think I know her, is she hot?
  • Options
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    pita

pipa u mean?
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    pita

pipa u mean?

hmmm...could be....
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,258
    @thesoupergirl pureed chilled tuscan white bean soup. OMG! Totally awesome goodness!
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    pink and green m & m's
  • Options
    avocado