Options

Classic movie fans

chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
edited April 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
I rarely do this, but I ask if you love old movies, to please sign this petition if you can. It's to help save what is left of Pickfair Studios in Hollywood:

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/868/826/ ... r-studios/

It was started in 1919 by Douglas Fairbanks, Mary Pickford and Charlie Chaplin. Here's some background about it: http://savethepickfairstudio.wordpress.com/about/

They've already torn down one of the four buildings :( it pisses me off because while Hollywood has no issue with rehashing and remaking EVERYTHING, they also have no problem throwing out history. It should be preserved, or at the very least kept intact and have the newer property coexist happily with it.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,298
    I did :)
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    I did :)
    +1 :D
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Signed!
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    Thank you darlings!
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    :thumbup:

I did, too :)

I hope to one day be able go on my own little travel route to sites of the classical Hollywood era. I studied media and communication and movie history was one of my absolute faves.
  • Options
    :thumbup:

I did, too :)

I hope to one day be able go on my own little travel route to sites of the classical Hollywood era. I studied media and communication and movie history was one of my absolute faves.
    Sweet!

There's some cool stuff to see in Hollywood for sure....sadly places like these are disappearing. It's not like film making has been around for a long time, they should preserve history more!