Would you wear them?

shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,182
edited April 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/04/0 ... y-glasses/

Scroll all the way down and watch the video.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    no, I don't want to be so 'connected', have people, or 'Big Brother' knowing where I am, what I'm doing, where I'm going, telling me what to do, blahblablah.

What ever happened to being 'real' and remembering shit? Yes, I see the benefits, but I think technology is making people lazy and stupid. How many phone numbers do you know by heart?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    Wow, that's pretty awesome. Thanks for sharing.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    The least amount of gadgets for me the better , you can have the next big thing all to your selves ;)
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    The least amount of gadgets for me the better , you can have the next big thing all to your selves ;)
    Amen. That freaks me the hell out :?
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,225

Me too i mean how did people function 20yrs ago :P
  • chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337

Me too i mean how did people function 20yrs ago :P
    They managed to without looking like a fucking Terminator, that's for sure :lol:
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,225
    :lol::lol:
  • elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,367
    I'd wear the shit out of them. Most of us already walk around looking straight down at our devices anyway. This would at least save my neck from hurting......!

Lets all get on board!!!!
  • dougfloyddougfloyd Posts: 2,580
    No thanks, I'd rather remain a human being instead of some kind of cyborg. :roll:
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
    2024 - Noblesville, Wrigley
  • mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    RKCNDY wrote:
    no, I don't want to be so 'connected', have people, or 'Big Brother' knowing where I am, what I'm doing, where I'm going, telling me what to do, blahblablah.

What ever happened to being 'real' and remembering shit? Yes, I see the benefits, but I think technology is making people lazy and stupid. How many phone numbers do you know by heart?

no shit
    it's the fifth generation people
    watch out
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    I'm torn, but ultimately I don't think I would for pretty much the same reasons RKCNDY pointed out.

I also agree that technology is making people lazy and stupid these days. Stupid might be a little extreme, but it seems that people are significantly less interested in mentally simulating things these days as opposed to just being entertained by electronic gadgets.

We should've seen this coming though.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I'd rock the shit out of those! Just think about it. You could just look at someone and tag them as an asshole on your facebook page! :lol:
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    DS1119 wrote:
    I'd rock the shit out of those! Just think about it. You could just look at someone and tag them as a rat fuck on your facebook page! :lol:

fixed ;)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    RKCNDY wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    I'd rock the shit out of those! Just think about it. You could just look at someone and tag them as a rat fuck on your facebook page! :lol:

fixed ;)

I stand corrected. :lol:
  • I wouldn't buy them, they have to be for free for me to wear/use them
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    While I personally wouldn't wear them, my first thought was that anything hands free like that would help cut down on dumbasses texting and driving. Then I saw the video, and all I could think about was dumbasses getting in wrecks because they're video chatting with somebody while driving instead of paying attention to the road.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"