Options

A moment of silence....April 5, 2012......

MASMAS Posts: 628
edited April 2012 in Other Music
Marks the 10 year anniversary of the passing of Layne Staley, truley one of music' s fiercest vocalists.....
RIP Layne, we were blessed to have known you through your music.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    He was truly the best, I'll be watching the MTV Unplugged in memory of his passing.
    Go listen to John Frusciante right now!
  • Options
    Also don't forget. 18 years today since Kurt Cobain passed. Just finished watching MTV unplugged...awesome, still as good now as it was back then...

Two amazing, incredible artists who will never be forgotten...
    Sydney Ent Centre: 10/03/1995

All the rusted signs we ignore thoughout our lives
    Choosing the shiny ones instead
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    RIP Layne, I shall watch my ritual MTV Unplugged before going to see Primus!
  • Options
    PKTrekGirlPKTrekGirl Posts: 747
    RiP Layne. One of my all-time favorite singers. Such a tremendous talent.

I think that out of every rock musician who has passed on, I miss Layne the most. 10 years later, at least a couple of times a week I find myself shaking my head in sadness that he is not here with us any longer. I still like and support AIC...but nothing can ever be fully the same without Layne. Nothing. I like AIC now and will always support Jerry and Sean and the boyz...but when Layne was fronting that band, I simply could not get enough. What a voice!

I tend to post a fair number of videos on YouTube...and tomorrow is gonna be an all-AIC day in that regard. I already have "Would?" up as my featured video on YouTube in Layne's honor.
  • Options
    CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,983
    wow forgot they died on the same date. Will have to listen to some old school tunes from both of them :(
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    I will certainly observe a moment of silence for Layne today. He was a tremendous singer with a dominant and unique voice, and his music reaches me in a way that other artists cannot. It's still tough to believe it's been ten years already. I hope he's up there jamming with the greats for the big guy. RIP Layne.

In his honour, after the moment of silence, I'll be blasting as much AIC/Mad Season as I can.