COFFEE appreciation thread :D

CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
edited April 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
For those of us that can't get enough!

I drink anywhere from 3-6 cups a day :shock: ... What's your intake?
"I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,822
    For those of us that can't get enough!

I drink anywhere from 3-6 cups a day :shock: ... What's your intake?

Damn, that is a lot of coffee! I drink 1-2 cups in the morning and that is it. Just feels weird drinking coffee in the afternoon/evening.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    I slowed down. Now I limit myself to the AM. On Saturdays though, I sometimes have it later.

Usually 2 mugs full. I drink it black. On weekends, I usually keep gourmet/flavored coffee. Had snickerdoodle a few weeks ago, was really good.
  • belinda27belinda27 Posts: 731
    I hear ya! I was thinking of getting one of those hats, with the two cups on top and straws down to my mouth! Coffee is my only vice! so ofcourse Its about 3-4 cups a day! :lol:
  • CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    Making another cup now! (love having a Keurig ... even IF I fill it with Tim Hortons coffee!)

Can't forget my infinite love for Wawa!
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    I need a full thermos to get me through the morning at work. Weekends, 3 cups is enough. I'd like to shake the coffee habit, but it's soooo good.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
    I need a full thermos to get me through the morning at work. Weekends, 3 cups is enough. I'd like to shake the coffee habit, but it's soooo good.
    I went off of it in January... slowly crept back on... then jut recently back full force. Luckily this time I'm drinking it black.
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    i LOVE coffee, if its flavored
    but it doesn't like me all that much

so i usually go with tea
    or chai

iced coffee once in a while, iced latte yum
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • UmbertotambaUmbertotamba Posts: 1,383
    Its not about how much you drink but what you drink....

If I am brewing my own its all about Bad Ass Coffee of Maui > Particularly MeneHune Cream (Banana Macadamia & Cinnamon) is my hands down favorite or any of their other flavors.

If I am getting something brewed its any latte from Starbucks will do but again favorite is Carmel Brulee or if they would bring back the Maple Macciato
    Springfield MA 94, Hartford CT 96
  • Intravenously by means of a peripheral cannula in a larger volume than my system can absorb or excrete. :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Fucking love coffee. Mornings without it throw me off. I guess I have an addiction to it, but I don't drink but 2 maybe 3 cups in the morning.

At home I use a french press... best decision I've made in a long time.

If I get coffee on the way to work I stop at a place called Alchemy Coffee... great stuff there. They buy their beans from Salt Lake Roasting Company who has some very delicious coffee.

Currently I am still making my through a pound of the Peru coffee that I got from Alchemy. It's a cup full of bliss every morning.

I put half & half in my coffee and that's it. I used to use the Coffee Mate flavored creamers, but haven't in years and I am happy I made the switch. Tasting the actual coffee is much better than tasting the sugary flavoring, in my opinion.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,315
    I drink a mug of about 16 oz in the AM on weekdays and another cup or so in the PM. Weekends I drink about 3 cups in the morning.

Have 2 little kids so not kicking the habit (or more likely reducing) anytime soon.

If caffeine wasn't somewhat bad for you in large quantities I'd drink it all day. Love the taste - all black all the time.

I'm a snob - love the organic fair trade shit. Really love Ethiopian, Kenyan. Actually really like the big green bag of "Kirkland" coffee at Costco. :!: :o

Make it in a percolator or press.

Sometimes I make espresso in afternoons if I'm home (weekends) in the little Italian stovetop thingie. This thing:
    MokaPot2.jpg
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Love french press!
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Love french press!

The change in quality was remarkable. I saw it coming though. Made me realize how terrible the drip machine was making my coffee taste.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    French press makes my world go round.

I use Starbucks Pike Place grounds
  • oona leftoona left Posts: 1,677
    How funny. I was marveling all morning long about just how much I love coffee...

I drink anywhere about 7 cups a day on weekdays, and god knows how much on weekends (15 cups is not out of the ordinary).

I LOVE coffee. Love it!
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    I enjoy a good cup of coffee - but usually ( 1 ) cup in the morning.

But, lately its been Tea.... hot or iced.
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    I drink a mug of about 16 oz in the AM on weekdays and another cup or so in the PM. Weekends I drink about 3 cups in the morning.

Have 2 little kids so not kicking the habit (or more likely reducing) anytime soon.

If caffeine wasn't somewhat bad for you in large quantities I'd drink it all day. Love the taste - all black all the time.

I'm a snob - love the organic fair trade shit. Really love Ethiopian, Kenyan. Actually really like the big green bag of "Kirkland" coffee at Costco. :!: :o

Make it in a percolator or press.

Sometimes I make espresso in afternoons if I'm home (weekends) in the little Italian stovetop thingie. This thing:
    MokaPot2.jpg

Truly this this the best way to make coffee. Very european - I have this myself.
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    Go through quite a bit of coffee. French Press on the weekends, and the Keurig during the week. Big thanks to whoever recommended the Solofil for Keurig on the previous coffee thread. Combining that with Peete's Uzuri Blend makes for an excellent cup of coffee.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    the type of coffee i drink all time of year..
    cold espresso..black..

iced-coffee.jpg
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    IT MAKES ME POOP!!
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    Caveeze wrote:
    IT MAKES ME POOP!!
    :lol::lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    Caveeze wrote:
    IT MAKES ME POOP!!
    :lol:

I LOVE MY COFFEE!!! ;) stronger the better. Love Jamaican coffee with the thick cream on top that you drink the coffee through....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Damn i need another coffee now! :lol:
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
    Caveeze wrote:
    IT MAKES ME POOP!!

The office restrooms are gridlocked with coffee drinkers around 9:30 - 10:00am.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    after last night's blackhawks triple overtime thriller, there isn't enough coffee in the world right now.
  • whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
    I drink about half a pot every morning.. Bad I know.. But so delicious.. And it wakes me up!