Options

Who was the group sitting front row orchestra far right?

The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
edited August 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
We were sitting directly behind in AA second row and it seemed they all knew each other..The girls were okay but the dudes acted as if they were too cool and couldn't be bothered..Also, right behind us sat the planted 'who are you voting for' guys which was amusing..
'I want to hurry home to you
put on a slow, dumb show for you
and crack you up
so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
god I'm very, very frightening
and I'll overdo it'
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Oh fuck, I forgot to mention that I'm referring to United Palace 2..anyway, reading through various posts it seems it may have been the Olson clan..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    DontGotIDDontGotID Posts: 137
    i was sitting in row AA, but not all the way to the right. My sister and i were in the center right orchestra in the last two seats. We didnt know anyone around us.
  • Options
    vitodacatvitodacat Posts: 473
    The Champ wrote:
    Oh fuck, I forgot to mention that I'm referring to United Palace 2..anyway, reading through various posts it seems it may have been the Olson clan..
    no Olsen's were in EE (Ashley) and FF ( Mary Kate)....I was in FF next to Mary Kate

(and I dont know the difference between them, but their security guard kept calling to them and getting them things)

*Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member # 0003

wont let the light escape from me
    wont let the darkness swallow me
  • Options
    pearljam7pearljam7 Posts: 447
    i was in row BB on the Far right, if that means anything. The show was amazing...the security let us get really close for hard sun.
    5/4/2006, 5/12/2006, 5/13/2006, 6/1/2006, 6/3/2006, 6/24/2008, 6/25/2008, 6/27/2008, 6/30/2008, 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 8/7/08
  • Options
    pearljam7 wrote:
    i was in row BB on the Far right, if that means anything. The show was amazing...the security let us get really close for hard sun.

So you must have been directly behind us being that the section only had approximately 6 seats across..I apologize for getting up in front of you about a thousand times, but the beer Ed chose from the Chelsea Brewery was too fucking good ;)..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    The Champ wrote:
    So you must have been directly behind us being that the section only had approximately 6 seats across..I apologize for getting up in front of you about a thousand times, but the beer Ed chose from the Chelsea Brewery was too fucking good ;)..

I am newly unemployed so watching my beer budget. Just curious what they are getting for beers!
    Laura in NJ
    4-17-1994 Paramount Theater, NYC
    6-20-1995 Red Rocks (Sponsored By No One tour)
    6-23-1998 Fiddler’s Green, CO
    7-09-2003 MSG NYC
    9-28-2004 Fleet Center, Boston (Vote For Change warmup)
    6-01-2006 & 6-03-2006 E. Rutherford, NJ
    6-25-2008 MSG NYC * 7-07-2008 EV NJPAC
  • Options
    I am newly unemployed so watching my beer budget. Just curious what they are getting for beers!

It was $7 per cup..but it was good beer from a local brewery..Not sure as to the beer situation in Jersey, but have a good time..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    Dylan StoneDylan Stone Posts: 1,145
    I go to all these shows.... Never see or notice or MEET anyone famous...

Like you, Champ! :)
  • Options
    GTFLYGIRL wrote:
    I go to all these shows.... Never see or notice or MEET anyone famous...

Like you, Champ! :)

Don't give up ;)..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    We need to start booing the Olsen twins..........seriously they SUCK!!!!
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • Options
    JamilyManJamilyMan Posts: 240
    Oxxys wrote:
    We need to start booing the Olsen twins..........seriously they SUCK!!!!

That is totally uncalled for and will be met with wrath from the moderators. They are friends with Jill and huge fans of the band (and Eddie). Please keep this kind of negativity out of here, as a comment like that is totally unnecessary and does not benefit anyone.

No, I am not the Pit Police, but I can tell you that there is no place for this nonsense around here.

Thanks in advance!
    For those who scoff at "Jamily" in my name... 9 years ago, when my first daughter was born there were jokes about whether my priority would be my family or PJ. I smiled and quipped "I am a JamilyMan." What was a family joke became a hated term among jammers. Didn't see that one coming!
  • Options
    JamilyMan wrote:
    That is totally uncalled for and will be met with wrath from the moderators. They are friends with Beth and huge fans of the band (and Eddie). Please keep this kind of negativity out of here, as a comment like that is totally unnecessary and does not benefit anyone.

No, I am not the Pit Police, but I can tell you that there is no place for this nonsense around here.

Thanks in advance!

Friends with Beth?
  • Options
    Friends with Beth?

Ha ha... oops - my bad. Corrected!
    There is something to be said for getting enough sleep!
    For those who scoff at "Jamily" in my name... 9 years ago, when my first daughter was born there were jokes about whether my priority would be my family or PJ. I smiled and quipped "I am a JamilyMan." What was a family joke became a hated term among jammers. Didn't see that one coming!
  • Options
    KeiranKeiran Posts: 393
    Friends with Beth?

I think they mean Jill.
    I wish a guy like Eddie, would like me.
  • Options
    kcherubkcherub Posts: 961
    but why is it okay to say someone else sucks (Chris Cornell, Ben Harper, Tim Robbins, etc.), but NOT okay to say the Olsens suck?!? I don't have an opinion, but I would guess to say that Ed really likes Ben Harper, too.

I understand that we should really stay away from our opinions on the band's personal lives (themselves) and family, but if you thought the Olsens "sucked" before they were so out-and-out PJ/EV fans, why can't you think they suck (and say so) now? I see this come up every time someone mentions their names, and I am just wondering. Hope I don't get the thread closed by asking!!!

No offense, JamilyMan...

Take care,
    I still want you all to "take care"--I am just damn tired of typing it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/kcherub#p/a/u/0/N-UQprRqSwo
  • Options
    kcherub wrote:
    but why is it okay to say someone else sucks (Chris Cornell, Ben Harper, Tim Robbins, etc.), but NOT okay to say the Olsens suck?!? I don't have an opinion, but I would guess to say that Ed really likes Ben Harper, too.

I understand that we should really stay away from our opinions on the band's personal lives (themselves) and family, but if you thought the Olsens "sucked" before they were so out-and-out PJ/EV fans, why can't you think they suck (and say so) now? I see this come up every time someone mentions their names, and I am just wondering. Hope I don't get the thread closed by asking!!!

No offense, JamilyMan...

Take care,

And my response would be that it is not really okay to encourage others to "boo" anyone that attends any of the concerts. For example, I was at the Boston II show when Eddie pointed out and sent a shout out to Howard Z in the audience. Right near him was a heavily disguised Theo E. Being a Yankees fan, I would not think it proper to "boo" Theo, just because I am not a fan. If I saw a thread asking people to "boo" Theo, I would have done the same.

I just think we need to live and let live a little more than some people do around here. So, you are not a fan of the Olsens, Theo, Howard Z, Dennis R, Susan S, Tim R, whomever... that does not give you license to "boo" them. I really don't see any good that comes from it; only bad.

If others feel strongly otherwise, I would love to hear a valid point to argue why it would be a good idea to "boo" someone. If there is a valid reason that makes sense, I suppose I might have a better time understanding why people feel the need to propogate such behavior. Otherwise, I will continue to discourage such behavior... unless Cheney or Bush show up at a concert... then all bets are off. BOO AWAY!
  • Options
    kcherubkcherub Posts: 961
    Sorry, JamilyMan! I should have added that the "booing" suggestions is kind of silly, but I do think he/she was joking.

I had seen on several other threads where people got warned by other members to not bash the Olsens. That was where my question arose from...

It is hot as Hades here in Georgia, so I might be loosing brain cells as we speak. :)

Take care,
    I still want you all to "take care"--I am just damn tired of typing it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/kcherub#p/a/u/0/N-UQprRqSwo
  • Options
    It would appear from many previous threads that we have enough problems this year containing the a$$holes that are more interested in shouting out crap during the show, making 10+ beer runs and generally managing to reduce the enjoyment for 'real' fans.

To start a booing crusade against people (however pointless they are in real life) who are there just enjoying the show would be extremely unproductive in my opinion. Sorry, just my $0.02 worth.
    'Everything has changed but absolutely nothing's changed'

New York: 09-10-98; London: 05-29-00; London: 05-30-00; Glasgow: 06-03-00; Dublin: 08-23-06; Reading: 08-27-06; Virginia Beach: 06-17-08; Washington: 08-16-08 (EV); Seattle: 09-21-09; Philadelphia 10-31-09; Bristow: 05-13-10; Belfast: 06-23-10
  • Options
    It would appear from many previous threads that we have enough problems this year containing the a$$holes that are more interested in shouting out crap during the show, making 10+ beer runs and generally managing to reduce the enjoyment for 'real' fans.

Hey, I probably made about 7 beer/bathroom runs but did my best to not distract the people around me ;)..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'