Options

what records PJ double album

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,610
    Crazy postage. Looked at the Live on ten legs bid set and the postage costs way more than the item itself. That's crazy; they need to work out some kind of arrangement with their fucking courier service.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Definitely trustworthy site, just not always the cheapest. If you have questions I'm sure Tim will be happy to answer, just shoot him at email <!-- e --><a href="mailto:whatuk@aol.com">whatuk@aol.com</a><!-- e -->. I always get killed on shipping!

Must...resist...
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    interesting, but not interested, thanks all the same for the tip... hope you ALL got it...
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Crazy postage. Looked at the Live on ten legs bid set and the postage costs way more than the item itself. That's crazy; they need to work out some kind of arrangement with their fucking courier service.

I've had that problem trying to ship items from the other side of the Atlantic to the UK and got crazy crazy prices.

Anyway, back to topic. Its an unofficial Pearl Jam release. If people are willing to buy this thing, they are pretty silly.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    MedozK wrote:
    pjradio wrote:
    Tolerated maybe, like the melbourne vinyl boot,
    but not an Official release
    Agree...however the "melbourne vinyl boot" is the only one I have that sounds really good. Its the only one that I will play repeatedly :D Just wish It had a nice cover...(surely there is a graphic artist out there that can make a picture sleeve for the community.. :D)

Yeah, I play that all the time too

I made this cover for it:
    esj12a.jpg[/quote]
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    pearljimpearljim Posts: 1,306
    pjradio wrote:
    MedozK wrote:
    pjradio wrote:
    Tolerated maybe, like the melbourne vinyl boot,
    but not an Official release
    Agree...however the "melbourne vinyl boot" is the only one I have that sounds really good. Its the only one that I will play repeatedly :D Just wish It had a nice cover...(surely there is a graphic artist out there that can make a picture sleeve for the community.. :D)

esj12a.jpg
    [/quote]

NICE JOB! Looks fantastic

:)
    If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    pjradio wrote:

esj12a.jpg
    That does look great.
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    I picked it up...I also picked up the Nirvana, which I'm actually more excited about.
  • Options
    less then 100 left and hes put price up..£25 each...for a boot...you lot are crazy ..

i have always been on tms side on other releases...but this sucks..
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,090
    less then 100 left and hes put price up..£25 each...for a boot...you lot are crazy ..

And he says those that have ordered more than 5 will have their orders reduced to 5. People have ordered more than 5? They are the real crazies!
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    bazzer wrote:
    And he says those that have ordered more than 5 will have their orders reduced to 5. People have ordered more than 5? They are the real crazies!
    What he said ^ :? People trying to buy and flip these things...I have a feeling will lose money...IMO
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,252
    bazzer wrote:

Could be record stores ordering them? The record store I frequent seems to carry bootlegs. I bought the first week demos one the other week. I've never been sure what their source is for bootlegs. The downside is the seem to acquire boots of legitimate titles (They have a new copy of mellon collie and the infinite sadness for 69.99 which i know isn't legit at all).
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444
    what sort of legal loophole allws them to distribute this album?

Curious.
  • Options
    MK186319MK186319 Posts: 186
    Just got this email from Tim,

Hi Mike,

Yes it official in Europe and the CD has been out ages. It is a radio broadcast and I believe like the CD it was taken from the original show tape.

Cheers

Tim

So I guess there you have it, It's Official, and vinyl is produced from original tapes, not Mp3
  • Options
    JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    MK186319 wrote:

Hi Mike,

Yes it official in Europe and the CD has been out ages. It is a radio broadcast and I believe like the CD it was taken from the original show tape.

Cheers

Tim

So I guess there you have it, It's Official, and vinyl is produced from original tapes, not Mp3

If ten club or someone trusthworthy will say this is official, I will believe it, otherwise just because this Tim guy from what records says "it's official in Europe" (what the hell does that mean? if an item is official, is official in all the world) and "I BELIEVE the show was taken from original show tape", it will not change the fact that this is an unofficial bootleg absolutely not worth £25, and put up the prices as less copies are available is just lame anyway, expecially for something like this..
  • Options
    JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    can tenc confirm this

I doubt they care about it, anyway I'm hoping they clarify this thing at least for this release, since it's becoming a bit ridiculous.. you're in the PJCollectors community, right? How come this has never seen the light of day until now? Come on.. and I know for sure the other Nirvana boot on that site is an unofficial boot too, and just to say, one of the sources in that Nirvana boot is recently surfaced in much better quality (1992-02-01 Melbourne, SBD#2) in the liveNirvana community..
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,181
    Jammalambo wrote:
    MK186319 wrote:

Hi Mike,

Cheers

Tim

If ten club or someone trusthworthy will say this is official, I will believe it, otherwise just because this Tim guy from what records says "it's official in Europe" (what the hell does that mean? if an item is official, is official in all the world) and "I BELIEVE the show was taken from original show tape", it will not change the fact that this is an unofficial bootleg absolutely not worth £25, and put up the prices as less copies are available is just lame anyway, expecially for something like this..

Your right.... Not worth £25, got mine for £18.99

And if it sounds good, that's all I fuckin care about. I don't collect to hoard, I collect to use

We are all gonna die one day, I'd hate to leave an unspun vinyl behind ;)
  • Options
    45 quid, pre order, you know where, 2 copies available... nonsense...

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,939
    can tenc confirm this

I had emailed 10club many weeks back when the CD was up for sale over @ Amazon.ca. A rep told me it's an official Pearl Jam product.
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    can tenc confirm this

I had emailed 10club many weeks back when the CD was up for sale over @ Amazon.ca. A rep told me it's an official Pearl Jam product.

Hmm, interesting. The plot thickens...
  • Options
    TT8270TT8270 Posts: 429
    Gotta cancel my order...Seems like a hoax...
    134xxx
    Soundgarden - 1996-10-15
    Pearl Jam - 2000-06-30
    Fugazi - 2000-10-10
    The Mars Volta - 2003-03-24
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Jammalambo wrote:
    MK186319 wrote:

Hi Mike,

Cheers

Tim

I don't believe for one second its an official Pearl Jam release. He's right that its been out on cd (since Feb this year) and its from a radio broadcast. That much is correct. But its released by a record label that consistently brings out these type of live releases.

And lets be honest What Records aren't going to say "yes I'm selling an unofficial release" are they? Otherwise they get a boatload of emails asking for refunds.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    TT8270TT8270 Posts: 429
    TIM:

"The Pearl Jam (1992 broadcasts) is legal through out Europe as Chrome Dreams own the rights to all these broadcasts, Rush, Nirvana, Pearl Jam and loads more.It is not legal to sell it in the US. "

So there you have it. Band's hands are tied, they can't do anything about it. Someone mentioned holes in the law and that's just what it is.

Amazon sells TONS of "unofficial" recordings...
    134xxx
    Soundgarden - 1996-10-15
    Pearl Jam - 2000-06-30
    Fugazi - 2000-10-10
    The Mars Volta - 2003-03-24
  • Options
    TT8270 wrote:
    TIM:

"The Pearl Jam (1992 broadcasts) is legal through out Europe as Chrome Dreams own the rights to all these broadcasts, Rush, Nirvana, Pearl Jam and loads more.It is not legal to sell it in the US. "

So there you have it. Band's hands are tied, they can't do anything about it. Someone mentioned holes in the law and that's just what it is.

Amazon sells TONS of "unofficial" recordings...

That's true. Didn't know Chrome Dreams works with MTV & NBC.

http://www.chromedreams.co.uk/index.asp?function=SEARCH ...
    Pearl Jam

All 6 releases PJ listed on their official website are sold over @ Amazon & many online record stores. 10club must know they are all being sold and that they are getting a piece of the profits, right? Wouldn't Chrome Dreams first contact Pearl Jam Co. to give the green light that they are working on this project?
  • Options
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    All 6 releases PJ listed on their official website are sold over @ Amazon & many online record stores. 10club must know they are all being sold and that they are getting a piece of the profits, right? Wouldn't Chrome Dreams first contact Pearl Jam Co. to give the green light that they are working on this project?

I agree with you and with what Kev said right below your post, that is how I think it should be done, imo, but since the masters of those live recordings belong to those from chrome dreams, they can release that music on CD and vinyl, even DVD on the future, but the only thing these chrome dreams guys have to do is pay the royalties of the songs, since music and lyrics copyrights belong to PJ...

• Options
    demetrios wrote:

I agree with you and with what Kev said right below your post, that is how I think it should be done, imo, but since the masters of those live recordings belong to those from chrome dreams, they can release that music on CD and vinyl, even DVD on the future, but the only thing these chrome dreams guys have to do is pay the royalties of the songs, since music and lyrics copyrights belong to PJ...

Exactly! We wouldn't see those items still selling at stores. PJ lawyers would of already went mid-evil on their ass to stop selling these & making profit out of their works. But they aren't. Plus this thread would of been locked up already if we were talking about & posting links to PJ merchandise that are not ok to buy/sell. Right?
  • Options
  • Options
    Seeing how whatrecords still had this on stock shows the level of its worth. Good luck the fools that bought multi copies.

prices are insane, from 18 to 25? for something that quality sound CD has proven to be only fair? insane prices and bad advertising made these remain on the shelves... bad logistics as well, records sellers should have known that PJ fans were waiting for posters to be available, and still waiting for AV stuff, won't spend a dime on import vinyls which require high shipping costs and import taxes...