Touch

RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
edited April 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Anybody watch it?

New show on Fox with Kiefer Sutherland and Danny Glover. Written by Tim Kring, The writer for Heroes and Crossing Jordan.

The basic story is that we are all connected by numbers in one way or another. Martin (Kiefer) is a single dad and his kid Jake is emotionally disconnected, never spoken a word in 11 years, but is obsessed with numbers-reminds me of Dustin Hoffman in Rainman. Martin figures out Jake will write out a string of numbers and it's a phone number, he traces the number, either calls it or finds an address and goes there, just happens to be 'in the right place at the right time' to prevent an unfortunate event from happening.

The last few shows have been really interesting. Not too sci-fi...but I'm a bit of a numbers geek (not mathmatics, but more numerology) so I'm addicted to the show already.
The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Didnt watch this week's episode yet but its on the DVR along w/seemingly every other show on TV.
    I am a Jack Bauer fanatic (saw KS pissing on a wall in NYC last January...his bodyguard was holding him up at 2:00 AM....gotta love NYC!) and of course will give this show a shot. Am interested based on what I have seen thus far.
    Tough few weeks to get excited about that with Mad Men back on last week....Game of Thrones back this week!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Anybody watch it?

New show on Fox with Kiefer Sutherland and Danny Glover. Written by Tim Kring, The writer for Heroes and Crossing Jordan.

The basic story is that we are all connected by numbers in one way or another. Martin (Kiefer) is a single dad and his kid Jake is emotionally disconnected, never spoken a word in 11 years, but is obsessed with numbers-reminds me of Dustin Hoffman in Rainman. Martin figures out Jake will write out a string of numbers and it's a phone number, he traces the number, either calls it or finds an address and goes there, just happens to be 'in the right place at the right time' to prevent an unfortunate event from happening.

The last few shows have been really interesting. Not too sci-fi...but I'm a bit of a numbers geek (not mathmatics, but more numerology) so I'm addicted to the show already.

Sounds cool...what night is it on?
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Leyna MinaiLeyna Minai Posts: 691
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Anybody watch it?

Hmm..I'll have to check it out. Hulu has the first three episodes on there so perhaps I will watch it.
    Heroes started off really good but it just went south in Season 2.
    7/15/2011 - Benoroya Hall - (Eddie Vedder Solo) - Seattle, WA
    4/2/2008 - The Center in Vancouver for Performing Arts (Eddie Vedder Solo) - Vancouver, WA
    9/21/2009 Key Arena - Seattle, WA
    7/22/2006 - Gorge Ampitheater - George, WA
    9/1/2005 - Gorge Ampitheater - George, WA
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    opps.i open a thread too Lisa,,jut saw that!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    afroannnie wrote:

Thursday at 9pm :D
    opps.i open a thread too Lisa,,jut saw that!!!

:lol:

I just heard on the radio it's "on the bubble" :? :x

It just freaking started! it's only 3 shows in! :evil:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    RKCNDY wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:

Thursday at 9pm :D

Thanks! :D
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    I miss everything good :(
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more